Won't 'endorse tyranny and fascism", so she resigned

Bravo, patriot.

Oh my. Now anyone that stands up to Trump is a "patriot." That has to be the most misused word in the political dictionary.

Think about it. When Christian bakers and photographers stood up for their beliefs, they weren't called patriots. They were called hateful bigots. This singer? She's the brave, bold, patriotic hero for standing up to the evil Trump guy.

So it goes: someone is only a patriot when they're standing up for beliefs you agree with or against people you didn't vote for in the last election.

How childish.
According to the courts, due to valid legislation that created laws, the Chrisitan bakers and photographers were violating those laws and committing the offense of discrimination against citizens. Due to those laws and court rulings the state had a duty and obligation to correct an injustice via the courts and authority invested in the state to protect its citizens against such offenses. Don't like it petition and change the law.
A singer opting out of singing at an event is not a violation of the law. It is a constitutional right for the singer.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. --- Amendment XIV section 1
This does not apply to the gnats born of illegals. They don't "reside" in America anymore than if you travelled on vacation to Europe, you reside there. Those babies are illegals like their parent.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. --- Amendment XIV section 1
This does not apply to the gnats born of illegals. They don't "reside" in America anymore than if you travelled on vacation to Europe, you reside there. Those babies are illegals like their parent.

When did the law change?

>> A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir says she “could never look myself in the mirror again with self respect” if she performed at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

Jan Chamberlin said in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday that she is resigning from the Christian group after it agreed to sing for the President-elect on Jan. 20. Saying that she views the performance as a moral issue, the five-year veteran said “it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man.”

"I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler,'" Chamberlain wrote. "And I certainly could never sing for him."

... Chamberlin later deleted the scathing post, noting she had received an immense amount of hateful messages. <<​

Without a doubt. Who would expect any less after all the "in the old days they'd be carried out on a stretcher" type of rhetoric.

Her best line:

"Evil people prosper when good people stand by and do nothing".

Bravo, patriot. :salute:

Link: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Singer Resigns

So, now you love the Mormons?

Now you believe in evil for that matter?

>> A member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir says she “could never look myself in the mirror again with self respect” if she performed at Donald Trump’s inauguration.

Jan Chamberlin said in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday that she is resigning from the Christian group after it agreed to sing for the President-elect on Jan. 20. Saying that she views the performance as a moral issue, the five-year veteran said “it will appear that Choir is endorsing tyranny and fascism by singing for this man.”

"I only know I could never 'throw roses to Hitler,'" Chamberlain wrote. "And I certainly could never sing for him."

... Chamberlin later deleted the scathing post, noting she had received an immense amount of hateful messages. <<​

Without a doubt. Who would expect any less after all the "in the old days they'd be carried out on a stretcher" type of rhetoric.

Her best line:

I hope she would have resigned if the choir sang for HRC or BHO. Otherwise she would have been supporting abortion.

When did the law change?
It didn't. The correct interpretation will be applied after January 20th. Atty General Sessions will see to it and will be backed up by the most Conservative SCOTUS panel since our country's founding.

That's not what the interpretation is now. Who knows what might happen after the crazies take over.

Her best line:

^ Fake News

How? Didn't she resign? How is reporting on reality = fake? I guess if you don't like it = fake.

You just hate anyone that disagrees with you.

It's fake because it's not news

Ah, so you already knew about it, ergo not news.

Coulda scooped me but hey I posted it first.
Not news because it's just not news

Only 359 singers lest. There goes the sound. Damn her to Hell!

Yabbut she's assigned the first note.

She also has the final word.
This is a courageous act of conscience that one can admire despite one's political position.
No it isn't. It's an act of sheer stupidity because it's based on leftist bullshit. She can make a living doing $10 blowjobs in a back alley for all I care.

Only 359 singers lest. There goes the sound. Damn her to Hell!

Yabbut she's assigned the first note.

She also has the final word.
This is a courageous act of conscience that one can admire despite one's political position.

One would need to have a capacity for objectivity and a concept of ethics in order to comprehend.
You are responding to yourself to support your assertion. How objective is that?

Trumpist Authoritarian Fascism is being defended in this thread by the trump cultist and zombies. In the new era of the Trumpist Authoritarian Fascism disagreeing with the Leader is an offense and deemed unacceptable. Watch how the Trump brand of fascism creeps into American society first as a lead into fascism in government and law.

Trumpist Authoritarian Fascism is being defended in this thread by the trump cultist and zombies. In the new era of the Trumpist Authoritarian Fascism disagreeing with the Leader is an offense and deemed unacceptable. Watch how the Trump brand of fascism creeps into American society first as a lead into fascism in government and law.
They are going to play just like the democrats did and end up being on the outside..

You twist and you turn, but still none of this is tyranny of fascism.

False stories (hit pieces are by definition false) SHOULD be open to suit under libel laws.

Uh --- really Webster? You have a definition for "hit piece" do ya?

How about "a total disgrace"? What the fuck is a 'total disgrace'? It's "something I don't like", that's all it is. And when you have a skin as thin as the orange one that's pretty much everything there is.

None of that has jack shit to do with 'libel', which is already countermanded by law. This is the whiny little bitch pre-emptively whining about what he's going to be whining about in the future, and bragging that he'll be whining about it.

Mind you, I don't believe Rump has the capacity to actually do this. But you asked me to explain to you on behalf of a woman I don't even know, what some of the rhetoric was, so I'm taking a guess.

You're welcome.

Registering entry and exits from areas that are breeding grounds for terrorist is SMART...not tyrannical. It is not a coincidence that those areas are predominantly Muslim. I have nothing at all against Muslims or Jews or Hindus. But I really don't want to see the local shopping mall blown up either. Not Fascism, not tyranny...national security.

Don't like the Amendment? You know the procedure.

Enhanced interrogations are not torture...

Nope. They're a euphemism for it. Eighth Amendment.

Again, it would be prudent to have some tyrannical or fascistic ACTIONS to point to before calling them out. And as Trump won't have any actual power until AFTER the inaugeration, my criticism stands, this woman fell for rhetoric and propaganda, nothing more.

Exactly what else have we to go on BEFORE the inauguration? Think about it.

Hey, if Rump (or any other candy) didn't want to be seen as tyrannical and/or fascistic, the thing to do would have been to not spew it in abundance during the campaign DON'T YOU THINK?

Again I don't know what you want from me here. Want me to look up her phone number, call her up and transcribe what she says into a post? Not gonna happen.

She took a stand for what she believes at her own expense, and good for her for doing that.

This is exactly what I mean by rhetoric.

Trump wants to keep the media honest...not censor them. The media and liberals have twisted this into an anti-First Amendment screed...and then bought into their own bullshit.

Trumps anti-terrorist policies only apply to immigrants or visitors from countries that are a breeding ground for terrorism. The liberal media spun this into a Muslim Registry.

Rhetoric and propaganda.

You twist and you turn, but still none of this is tyranny of fascism.

False stories (hit pieces are by definition false) SHOULD be open to suit under libel laws.

Uh --- really Webster? You have a definition for "hit piece" do ya?

How about "a total disgrace"? What the fuck is a 'total disgrace'? It's "something I don't like", that's all it is. And when you have a skin as thin as the orange one that's pretty much everything there is.

None of that has jack shit to do with 'libel', which is already countermanded by law. This is the whiny little bitch pre-emptively whining about what he's going to be whining about in the future, and bragging that he'll be whining about it.

Mind you, I don't believe Rump has the capacity to actually do this. But you asked me to explain to you on behalf of a woman I don't even know, what some of the rhetoric was, so I'm taking a guess.

You're welcome.

Registering entry and exits from areas that are breeding grounds for terrorist is SMART...not tyrannical. It is not a coincidence that those areas are predominantly Muslim. I have nothing at all against Muslims or Jews or Hindus. But I really don't want to see the local shopping mall blown up either. Not Fascism, not tyranny...national security.

Don't like the Amendment? You know the procedure.

Enhanced interrogations are not torture...

Nope. They're a euphemism for it. Eighth Amendment.

Again, it would be prudent to have some tyrannical or fascistic ACTIONS to point to before calling them out. And as Trump won't have any actual power until AFTER the inaugeration, my criticism stands, this woman fell for rhetoric and propaganda, nothing more.

Exactly what else have we to go on BEFORE the inauguration? Think about it.

Hey, if Rump (or any other candy) didn't want to be seen as tyrannical and/or fascistic, the thing to do would have been to not spew it in abundance during the campaign DON'T YOU THINK?

Again I don't know what you want from me here. Want me to look up her phone number, call her up and transcribe what she says into a post? Not gonna happen.

She took a stand for what she believes at her own expense, and good for her for doing that.

This is exactly what I mean by rhetoric.

Trump wants to keep the media honest...not censor them. The media and liberals have twisted this into an anti-First Amendment screed...and then bought into their own bullshit.

Trumps anti-terrorist policies only apply to immigrants or visitors from countries that are a breeding ground for terrorism. The liberal media spun this into a Muslim Registry.

Rhetoric and propaganda.
You do not understand a basic tenet of fascism. It is not the job or the authority of a country of free speech and democracy for a leader such as a President to keep median within his, her or their opinion honest with Influence and controlling the media and how it reports the news is what allows fascism. It is up to the citizens to believe or not believe news reports and stories. Competition in the media is what keeps journalism balance. When standards are not followed the balance becomes skewed the way it is now.

Forum List

Back