Working at 76: Inflation forces hard choice for older adults

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Lenore Angey never imagined she'd have to go back to work at age 76.

With an ailing husband and the highest prices she can remember for everything from milk to gasoline, the retired school lunch worker from Cleveland, Ohio, now works part time as a salesperson at a local department store to cover the costs of food and medicine.

“The holidays are going to be tough, and it's not just for seniors,” said Angey, who said she was happy to get an extra 10 hours a week during the busy shopping season. “Luckily my daughter-in-law did all the cooking for Thanksgiving and I brought a few dishes. But the Christmas celebration will definitely be more modest.”

Thank the shithead Democrats for this, all the while they give billions to foreign Countries.:bang3::bang3::bang3:

As Biden says we are in for a dark dark winter.
4m6pbm.jpg

I see them more and more everyday... people way past retirement age working and barley scraping by... not just at stores and eateries but at my dentist... he just brought on a 78 year old Hygienist who was retired for 7 years....

Went to three stores looking for deli sliced turkey... a national shortage they say... I say its the new America... a third world existence is coming for us all....

Good advice. I'm off to the store for another half pint of vodka.
I beat ya too it... This morning I picked up Bacon eggs and hash browns and a bottle of Tequila I'm gonna break out the margarita machine today....

Lenore Angey never imagined she'd have to go back to work at age 76.

With an ailing husband and the highest prices she can remember for everything from milk to gasoline, the retired school lunch worker from Cleveland, Ohio, now works part time as a salesperson at a local department store to cover the costs of food and medicine.

“The holidays are going to be tough, and it's not just for seniors,” said Angey, who said she was happy to get an extra 10 hours a week during the busy shopping season. “Luckily my daughter-in-law did all the cooking for Thanksgiving and I brought a few dishes. But the Christmas celebration will definitely be more modest.”

Thank the shithead Democrats for this, all the while they give billions to foreign Countries.:bang3::bang3::bang3:
My MIL worked until 85 and didn't have to.

Thye lost everything? They were not very good at handling money then.
People are heading that way, due to Biden’s inflation and upcoming recession. We are going to have working class people unable to heat their homes this winter.

But that’s not your concern, as you’ve repeatedly said. SUCH a compassionate Democrat!

People are heading that way, due to Biden’s inflation and upcoming recession. We are going to have working class people unable to heat their homes this winter.

But that’s not your concern, as you’ve repeatedly said. SUCH a compassionate Democrat!
It was never your problem when I was unable to work the last decade because of health issues, now cry me a river. Times get hard and people have lived through worse especially if they are 75 years old your problem is you have always had it easy you have no idea what struggling to survive is really like.

It was never your problem when I was unable to work the last decade because of health issues, now cry me a river. Times get hard and people have lived through worse especially if they are 75 years old your problem is you have always had it easy you have no idea what struggling to survive is really like.
Stop your sanctimonious shit, you nasty holier-than-thou Democrat. You know very little about me or the problems I’ve endured.

The fun part will be watching Biden voters lose everything....
:laugh:
Lose everything, just biden voters?
How are trump voters doing better than biden voters?
But Trump voters are losing everything as well, and we didn’t vote for this disaster.
Pandemics happen,
they achieve undesirable outcomes,
Pandemic was global,
some Countries and their leaders handled it better than others.
People are heading that way,
Before I retired, I made sure I would make MORE money in retirement than while working. I planned. I'm NOT suffering. I wish I was spending less, but proper PLANNING keeps me away from "Losing Everything"

Forum List

Back