World War 3 is here !!

the whole world is in chaos . I would not rule out escalations.

There will certainly be escalations and horrible occurrences, to be sure, but no one big like Russia, China or the US is acting as if they want to take over entire continents. Everyone is pretty much sticking to their borders except for official and unofficial meddling in the relatively small regional conflicts. The age of continental conflicts is over.

Seems they called WW I the "war to end all wars." How'd that work out for ya?

Allow me to interject a question to all...especially liberals.
If WW3 did start would you want Obama as our commander and chief? Yes or No and why.

Depends. Would he be directing this war from his Tranquility Base?

images

What are you talking about? Dear Leader just said the world is more tranquil than ever. AND his press secretary confirmed it. Gotta be true. Move along. Nothing to see here.

And nothing like a stupid, drive-by half-assed opinion to keep the thread moving.

It's getting boring....posts like these. Don't bother to corroborate your comments. Nothing to see in your post besides pixelated methane, for sure.

With all of these hair on fire postings, I guess I am the only one here who remembers the Cuban missile crisis....

You're not alone. I and my classmates practiced as our teacher instructed: crouch underneath our desks. Actually, since I lived in central Florida outside Orlando at the time, we had daily drills. The parking lot was chalked off in zones. I was in Zone 1 because I lived about a block from school and was to walk home when the entire sky turned into fire. Nice, huh?

With all of these hair on fire postings, I guess I am the only one here who remembers the Cuban missile crisis....

Slightly too early for me but I suspect most of these people are unaware of the difference in scale between the conflicts in Iraq and Ukraine and the great powers facing each other in open war. It's like a group of large powerful armed men watching a cock fight, they are going to talk shit but no one is going to start nothing and spoil the match. No one is going to allow themselves into the drawn into big war insanity again. A few little wars keep the weapon merchants happy and the rest of the world gets down to making some cash and buying the latest phone.

Just enough horror to keep tensions high enough that people and nations will horde weaponry but not actually use it on a large scale, that's how it's done. The world is too crowded to have big wars anymore but we still arm ourselves to have one.

There are too many in the nuclear club to rule it out.

I just don't buy it, the balance of terror is still firmly in place because at this late date no one thinks their country can possibly survive the counter attack. Terrorists may one day get a low yield device but even they know that it would be a crime that would doom jihadism forever.

Radical Islam will gladly sacrifice a billion Muslims to wipe Isreal out.

There will certainly be escalations and horrible occurrences, to be sure, but no one big like Russia, China or the US is acting as if they want to take over entire continents. Everyone is pretty much sticking to their borders except for official and unofficial meddling in the relatively small regional conflicts. The age of continental conflicts is over.

And ground wars will continue. That's where the big buck$ are. Just ask Dick Cheney.

I just don't buy it, the balance of terror is still firmly in place because at this late date no one thinks their country can possibly survive the counter attack. Terrorists may one day get a low yield device but even they know that it would be a crime that would doom jihadism forever.

Well, I think if they could have they would have by now.

What are you talking about? Dear Leader just said the world is more tranquil than ever. AND his press secretary confirmed it. Gotta be true. Move along. Nothing to see here.

And nothing like a stupid, drive-by half-assed opinion to keep the thread moving.

It's getting boring....posts like these. Don't bother to corroborate your comments. Nothing to see in your post besides pixelated methane, for sure.

Uh oh. I must have hit a nerve. Uh...what opinion are you talking about, Comrade? Didn't your messiah say the world is more tranquil than ever? And I saw his press secretary confirm it? And do you think you're snarkie assed comment is going to shut me up?

You're not alone. I and my classmates practiced as our teacher instructed: crouch underneath our desks. Actually, since I lived in central Florida outside Orlando at the time, we had daily drills. The parking lot was chalked off in zones. I was in Zone 1 because I lived about a block from school and was to walk home when the entire sky turned into fire. Nice, huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWGoVZF0jik]Bert the Turtle (Duck and Cover Song) - Two-Ton Baker - YouTube[/ame]

With the Arab Spring in the Middle East , the crises in Ukraine, North Korea ,Iran, the fall of Iraq to Radicals and so on and so on ......are we in the 1st stages of World War 3 ??

Ok. From a purely practical standpoint, how would we differentiate WW3 from a slight modification to WW2 called WW2.5?

Uh oh. I must have hit a nerve. Uh...what opinion are you talking about, Comrade? Didn't your messiah say the world is more tranquil than ever? And I saw his press secretary confirm it? And do you think you're snarkie assed comment is going to shut me up?

Just because I tire of scared white people genuflecting to the far right fringe doesn't mean I am an Obama fan. You guys with your macho shithead avatars on message boards: eagles, military, fighter planes, are the ones who are scared the most.

Seems they called WW I the "war to end all wars." How'd that work out for ya?

The very idea of what constitutes a nation state and how modern wars are conducted makes any comparison to WW I dubious at best, not enough nationalism left in the world to make conscription work for long or at all and without that no one can fight big wars.

Well, I think if they could have they would have by now.

They are still trying.

Just let them get a nuke and send what happens.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWGoVZF0jik]Bert the Turtle (Duck and Cover Song) - Two-Ton Baker - YouTube[/ame]

God, I've been out-Googled. High five.

We were the only family in the neighborhood that didn't have a bomb shelter. My dad announced that we were going to go up in a blaze of glory instead of crawling out of a hole 3 weeks into a nuclear winter.

I admit they are a wildcard but I don't see any way that a single detonation would result in anything like a world war. We would probably have to invade someone over it but it would just be a lousy expensive little exercise and nothing like a big war.

Forum List

Back