Worst drought on record lowers Amazon rivers to all-time lows

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

The worst drought on record has lowered the water level of the rivers in the Amazon basin to historic lows, in some cases drying up riverbeds that were previously navigable waterways.
The Solimoes, one of the main tributaries of the mighty Amazon River whose waters originate in the Peruvian Andes, has fallen to its lowest level on record in Tabatinga, the Brazilian town on the border with Colombia.
Downriver in Tefé, a branch of the Solimoes has dried up completely, as seen by Reuters reporters who flew over the river on Sunday.
The nearby Lake Tefé, where more than 200 freshwater dolphins died in last year's drought, has also dried up, depriving the endangered pink mammals of a favorite habitat.

This is crazy, the pictures from the area are almost unbelievable

1726655141726.png

The worst drought on record has lowered the water level of the rivers in the Amazon basin to historic lows, in some cases drying up riverbeds that were previously navigable waterways.
The Solimoes, one of the main tributaries of the mighty Amazon River whose waters originate in the Peruvian Andes, has fallen to its lowest level on record in Tabatinga, the Brazilian town on the border with Colombia.
Downriver in Tefé, a branch of the Solimoes has dried up completely, as seen by Reuters reporters who flew over the river on Sunday.
The nearby Lake Tefé, where more than 200 freshwater dolphins died in last year's drought, has also dried up, depriving the endangered pink mammals of a favorite habitat.

View attachment 1014095
Driest September in Michigan history. So far. Not complaining personally but as a believer in man made climate change it causes me concern.

I like the warmer than usual winters but I’d rather the lake freeze and the air be clean and water too. Even trump says he’s for clean air and water. Yea but what are you willing to give up Don?

View attachment 1014095

This is basic math...

When every man and woman have 10 kids, every 20 years, and you do that for hundreds of years, you have enough humans to suck the Amazon dry.

In America, we have too many people sucking too much fresh water from nature, and the result is the fires. The Co2 FRAUD misdiagnoses that and hence prevents solutions like desalination and ... SHUTTING THE BORDER.

Bill Gates observes this and pushes more fake "vaccines" as the "solution."

and BTW the Co2 FRAUD claims oceans are "rising...." so don't even go there...

And then there is this...the Parana waterway is having the same problems.

Driest September in Michigan history. So far. Not complaining personally but as a believer in man made climate change it causes me concern.

I like the warmer than usual winters but I’d rather the lake freeze and the air be clean and water too. Even trump says he’s for clean air and water. Yea but what are you willing to give up Don?

LOL!!

A WARMER EARTH is a WETTER EARTH,

Sincerely,

Jurassic...

During the Jurassic Period, the Earth's climate was much warmer and wetter than it is today. = google

And then there is this...the Parana waterway is having the same problems.

LMFAO!!!

The Co2 FRAUD claims oceans are rising. Are they LYING???

I do not know how much mankind has influenced the changing climate, but I do know it is changing.

I think the fight over the cause is stupid and just a waste of time. Even if you could prove 100% it was our fault tomorrow, people would not change their lifestyles to save the planet.

Thus what needs to be done is to focus on how to deal with the changes and mitigate the damage and take advantage of the benefits.

But as long as the fight over climate change is political, those things cannot happen

LOL!!

Sincerely,

Jurassic...

During the Jurassic Period, the Earth's climate was much warmer and wetter than it is today. = google

True. You sure didn't see any cave men walking around in thick fur skins back then.

Those were the good times.

and last year was a COLDER THAN NORMAL winter....
Not here in Michigan. We are changing the weather patterns. I know it sounds crazy but think of all the pollution China, India and Mexico are putting up. Not to mention Canada, Canada, South America, Africa, China, i forgot China, Russia, Middle East omg!

Was that time good for humans?

First known primate came 10s of millions of years after.

No human from today's climate would survive 5 minutes in Jurassic, not even fully armed Rambo. In reality, if tectonic plate movement caused both polar circles to be land free and hence make Earth ice free as it was in Jurassic, and humans survived that, humans would be 20 feet tall...

LOL!!

Sincerely,

Jurassic...

The Earth has climate cycles, warm/wet, cold/dry, then warm/dry, cold/wet. They alternate. It's been awhile but memory tells me it's a 1500 year sequence.

And there are cycles within the 1500 year cycle that can modify the primary cycle.

Not here in Michigan. We are changing the weather patterns. I know it sounds crazy but think of all the pollution China, India and Mexico are putting up. Not to mention Canada, Canada, South America, Africa, China, i forgot China, Russia, Middle East omg!

Bullshit... both records from the 1930s...

The record low temperature in Michigan was -51°F (-46°C)in Vanderbilt on February 9, 1934. The winds from the northeast that day helped bring cold air from Canada, and the lack of official weather observations in the area at the time may have also contributed to the record being set in Vanderbilt.

Michigan's record high temperature was 112°F (44°C) in Mio on July 13, 1936

The Earth has climate cycles, warm/wet, cold/dry, then warm/dry, cold/wet. They alternate. It's been awhile but memory tells me it's a 1500 year sequence.

And there are cycles within the 1500 year cycle that can modify the primary cycle.

That's complete bullshit as usual from you.

What causes climate change on Earth is the amount of ice on Earth.

More ice = drier, colder
Less ice = warmer wetter

All about where land is, since 97% of Earth ice today is on the two land masses closest to the poles, and land moves...

I’m starting to see republicans thinking. Fuck it. Use it while you got it.

But you are the guy on the lifeboat who won’t conserve water. Till maybe we figure something out. Refuse to see if there’s a better way. That could buy us time.

Eventually jesus is coming anyways right? You know how the end comes. It’s not global warming. If it was Jesus would have told you. Or the constitution

Bullshit... both records from the 1930s...

The record low temperature in Michigan was -51°F (-46°C)in Vanderbilt on February 9, 1934. The winds from the northeast that day helped bring cold air from Canada, and the lack of official weather observations in the area at the time may have also contributed to the record being set in Vanderbilt.

Michigan's record high temperature was 112°F (44°C) in Mio on July 13, 1936
I’m not talking about the 1930s.

who won’t conserve water

It is the Co2 FRAUD that misdiagnoses the fires and prevents DESALINATION. If America had spend 1/100th on desalination over the past three decades that America has WASTED on the Co2 FRAUD, all coastal cities would have desalinated ocean water, and land based fresh water wouldn't be so low.

The Co2 FRAUD is the problem, as are the MORONS who believe it.

Forum List

Back