Worst gift?

S

Shattered

What was the worst gift you received, and who did you receive it from?

Mr. P said:
You first. :dev3:

I can't even describe it..Other than it's a hat. I'd have to take a pic of it when I get home.

underwear, but then my parents have been giving me underwear as a joke ever since I was 11, so I'm not mad :)

A Cookbook is what i got. Do you think they're trying to send hints to me??? I cant cook to save my life. Guess it's time to really start trying though!

Jessie said:
A Cookbook is what i got. Do you think they're trying to send hints to me??? I cant cook to save my life. Guess it's time to really start trying though!
Huh! If Shattered can cook...so can you!:D

it wasn't me, but my husband's aunt. her sister-in-law gave her a "White Trash Cook Book"...this wouldn't have been so bad if they had a relationship where they could do stuff like that with each other, but the snobby one is an elitist liberal, and my hubby's aunt is a mid-income conservative.

i don't think i personally have ever gotten a gift i didn't like. i know i have received duplicate items, like books that i already have, and such.

Jessie said:

Cooking is a sinch with the a recipe. Ever eat at a pizza place? That stuff is made by pimply 16 year olds who can't even balance a checkbook. Surely you can do it, too.

Jessie said:

i suppose if you don't like to cook at all, maybe it was inappropriate, but i actually asked for cookbooks this year.

besides, you may find you like some of the recipes in there. if you can read, and follow instructions, step-by-step, you can cook easily. just pick something like quiche or an omelet. then move onto more complicated things. a good book to use is The Joy of Cooking. It's like the Bible of many chefs and bakers.

theim said:
underwear, but then my parents have been giving me underwear as a joke ever since I was 11, so I'm not mad :)

i thought my hubby and i were the only ones whose parents gave them underwear. i don't get it anymore because its too personal with women's stuff, but you can give a guy some whimsical boxers as stocking stuffers.

my first kiss in 6th grade... there was missiletoe up on this doorway leading to a friend's house. with all the neighborhood kids out and playing with their new gifts, my friend katerina gave me a kiss... and bit my tongue hard!

she drew blood and i still have to live that one down anytime i talk to old friends from PA....

Forum List

Back