Worst Pandemics In History

Is the handling of Covid-19:

• Not nearly enough!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Just right.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unbeliervable overkill. We are being played.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Wait till this shit starts popping off in Africa...those people can't figure out how to separate where they shit from where they eat. Imagine the concept of social distancing or washing their hands? Oh what a shit show that place is gonna be in a couple months.

1. The Black Death: 75-200 million.
  2. AIDS Pandemic: 36 million.
  3. 1918 Flu Pandemic: 20-50 million.
  4. Plague of Justinian: 25 million.
  5. Antonine Plague: 5 million.
  6. Asian Flu: 2 million.
  7. 1968 Flu Pandemic: 1 million.
  8. 1890 Flu Pandemic: 1 million.
  9. Third Cholera Pandemic: 1 million.
  10. Sixth Cholera Pandemic: 800,000.
2020 Covid-19 "Pandemic": 13,000 worldwide. 340 in the USA. o_O

Number of deaths last winter from flu when there was no alarm, no panic, no pandemic? 80,000.

Typical year: 40,000.

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in the U.S. - STAT

Outbreak: 10 of the Worst Pandemics in History - MPH Online

Nuttin' like false comparisons. Hey I know, let's take historical events from decades or centuries ago, put them next to a current one that hasn't even peaked yet, and pretend we made a point! Why not, this place is full of gullibles.

Case in point, that 340 number you're playing with above? It's already 388. Half an hour later.

DUMBASS.
90 Americans a day die in their cars. Why not shutdown all roads?

:desk:

Because roads don't kill people, drivers kill people. What do I win? A car?

Nuttin' like false comparisons. Hey I know, let's take historical events from decades or centuries ago, put them next to a current one that hasn't even peaked yet, and pretend we made a point! Why not, this place is full of gullibles.

Case in point, that 340 number you're playing with above? It's already 388. Half an hour later. At the same time in a couple of weeks we've "risen" to third place in the world in number of infections, behind only China and Italy. With over six thousand just in the current 24h period, way more than any other country reporting in the same period.

Is that because it's actually spreading faster or because we have more testing capability and are now able confirm more cases as has been speculated? Also, the number of confirmed cases is rising considerably higher than the number of those dying from it, which would support the theory it's not nearly as dangerous as the hype would merit.

I strongly suspect it's still testing catching up to existing cases. In other words the number creeps closer to an accurate count of infections. With the extreme measures everybody's taken I'd like to think we're containing current infections in their place as far as we know where they are.

The comparison between new confirmed cases and deaths is a non-starter. It takes longer to linger and die (and longer still to recover) than it does to identify an infection.

Number of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide as of March 22, 2020: 13,069

World population: 7,638,232,710

So far, 0.00017109% of the world has died of COVID-19.

In other words, you stand a 1 in 585,000 chance of dying from Covid-19.

PUT ANOTHER WAY: YOU ARE 3.6X MORE LIKELY TO BE HIT BY A LIGHTNING BOLT THAN TO DIE FROM COVID-19.

Injury Facts Chart

NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE????? :1peleas:

How many people got hit by lightning bolts today?

Number of deaths last winter from flu when there was no alarm, no panic, no pandemic? 80,000.

Case in point, that 340 number you're playing with above? It's already 388. Half an hour later.

DUMBASS.

upload_2020-3-22_10-36-11.jpeg

Is that because it's actually spreading faster or because we have more testing capability and are now able confirm more cases as has been speculated? Also, the number of confirmed cases is rising considerably higher than the number of those dying from it, which would support the theory it's not nearly as dangerous as the hype would merit.

I strongly suspect it's still testing catching up to existing cases. In other words the number creeps closer to an accurate count of infections. With the extreme measures everybody's taken I'd like to think we're containing current infections in their place as far as we know where they are.

The comparison between new confirmed cases and deaths is a non-starter. It takes longer to linger and die (and longer still to recover) than it does to identify an infection.

I personally don't think these 30 day business closures and shelter in place orders are going to do much of anything except to add economic devastation on top of the virus chaos, but I guess we'll see.

Look at what this is costing...will the media be held responsible in the end for sensationalism?...

Case in point, that 340 number you're playing with above? It's already 388. Half an hour later. At the same time in a couple of weeks we've "risen" to third place in the world in number of infections, behind only China and Italy. With over six thousand just in the current 24h period, way more than any other country reporting in the same period.

Too funny. I'll say it again: BY WHAT UNIVERSAL STANDARD ARE WE AGREEING THAT A PERSON DIED FROM COVID-19?
  • Because they died of "flu-like symptoms?" Then we tested them and found some Covid in their lungs?
The officials have a VESTED INTEREST NOW in making this "pandemic" appear as bad as they can to justify their rash actions. There is no advantage in careful testing to determine whether it was the actual primary cause of death, and that is here in the USA, it will be far worse in other, 3rd world countries.

The worse the government makes Covid look, the BETTER it makes them look. It makes them appear to have "done their jobs" and justified in their actions. But the actual deaths simply DO NOT rise to the level of even LAST YEAR when there was no panic at all.

Last edited:
Or, if you care about actual accuracy, 13% of those who got infected and came to an outcome (death or recovery) --- died. Again -- so far.

Those who did not get infected and run that course, really cannot have had the occasion to die from it, NOW COULD THEY.

:banghead:

How are you accounting for folks who contract Covid-19 and recover without medical intervention? ...

I'm not doing the count. I'm simply reading it.

If somebody tests positive I'm pretty sure they're tracked for progress whether they have direct medical attention or not. They've got to be quarantined to prevent spreading obviously.

That's why our rate of mortality is around 70% right now --- there hasn't been enough TIME yet to allow for many recoveries.

2020 Covid-19 "Pandemic": 13,000 worldwide.

It’s over 322,000

The record I see says 321,000 cases, and I must ask: BY WHAT UNIVERSAL STANDARD are all these nations declaring a person officially "infected" with Covid-19? How are they screening out false positives? My friend got the "flu" a few weeks ago in Delaware and just assumes. He was never actually tested.

I just saw a fed official on Fox News this morning declare that if your have symptoms, stay home. Don't even bother getting tested. SAVE THE TEST for someone who needs it!

SO WHAT IS THE POINT?

There is no cure anyway.

How do we even know there are 321,000 people who actually have Covid? And if they do, SO WHAT?

EIGHTY THOUSAND people died of the flu a year ago in the USA and:
  • Sporting events all stayed open.
  • Not one school was closed.
  • Not one business was closed.
  • Not one group size was limited.
  • Not one liquor store was closed.

Actually it's 332,148 right now, not that your figure wasn't accurate when you saw it.

WHAT does that tell you? I mean when you're not going :lalala: ?

See that number "388" above where I updated your "340"? That's gone up too, already.

See where I noted above we've reported over six thousand new cases in the last 24h? That's almost DOUBLED. ALREADY. Now over 11,000 just today.

Finally, we have --- at the moment --- 108 infections per 1M population. Heading into last weekend that number was SIX (6).
So? 10,000 died from the swine flu. 90 will die in cars today. Why not close all roads?

I personally don't think these 30 day business closures and shelter in place orders are going to do much of anything except to add economic devastation on top of the virus chaos, but I guess we'll see.
It has never been done before. No one can predict the actual short and long term damage this will do to
  • Revenue
  • Business
  • Consumer confidence
  • Small business closure
  • Loss of jobs
  • Personal savings
  • Market stability
  • General social fear and unrest

But the funny thing is: people are finding out that there is a whole lot of stuff they CAN do without. Who is to say how many ever return to their previous levels of consuming?

DUMBASS.

View attachment 314090

Thanks, but I already have a MINI Cooper. :thup:

It’s over 322,000

The record I see says 321,000 cases, and I must ask: BY WHAT UNIVERSAL STANDARD are all these nations declaring a person officially "infected" with Covid-19? How are they screening out false positives? My friend got the "flu" a few weeks ago in Delaware and just assumes. He was never actually tested.

I just saw a fed official on Fox News this morning declare that if your have symptoms, stay home. Don't even bother getting tested. SAVE THE TEST for someone who needs it!

SO WHAT IS THE POINT?

There is no cure anyway.

How do we even know there are 321,000 people who actually have Covid? And if they do, SO WHAT?

Actually it's 332,148 right now, not that your figure wasn't accurate when you saw it.

See that number "388" above where I updated your "340"? That's gone up too, already.

See where I noted above we've reported over six thousand new cases in the last 24h? That's almost DOUBLED. ALREADY. Now over 11,000 just today.

Finally, we have --- at the moment --- 108 infections per 1M population. Heading into last weekend that number was SIX (6).
So? 10,000 died from the swine flu. 90 will die in cars today. Why not close all roads?

DUMBASS.

View attachment 314090

Thanks, but I already have a MINI Cooper. :thup:
upload_2020-3-22_10-42-24.jpeg

DUMBASS.

So sporting events kill people?

I'm not doing the count. I'm simply reading it.

If somebody tests positive I'm pretty sure they're tracked for progress whether they have direct medical attention or not. They've got to be quarantined to prevent spreading obviously.

That's why our rate of mortality is around 70% right now --- there hasn't been enough TIME yet to allow for many recoveries.

I'm not certain they are even tracking the recoveries outside of those quarantined in a hospital. I know a guy in Austin who caught the virus while in Paris a couple of weeks ago. He started feeling sick after he got back to the states, so he went to the testing facility in Austin. They did the swab right at his car and told him to go home and wait for the results. They called two days later and said he was positive and he should self quarantine for 14 days in his home. On day 10 (two days ago) he called up and asked to be retested because all of his symptoms were gone. They told him they don't retest. He asked how he was supposed to know he was recovered and they said if he has no more symptoms over the next three days he's free to leave his house again.

It’s over 322,000

SO WHAT IS THE POINT?

There is no cure anyway.

Because cars don't need roads to die in?

1*As3e6U5UlrwPs55GrDoFKg.png

Forum List

Back