Worst war story I ever heard

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I was playing Dungeons and Dragons with a new group.

The Dungeon Master told me this story:

He was involved with the invasion of Grenada.

He was told a school bus was full of Cuban soldiers and he was ordered to destroy it.

He obeyed orders.

It turns out the school bus was full of school children and their teachers, who were nuns.

When he told me this story, I had nothing to say.

He felt compelled to tell me this story, obviously. But why?

They say the island rose a foot out of the ocean due to all the loot GIs toted-off. ;)

Grenada is the main reason GIs are very limited on the type of firearms that they can bring back as war trophies now. They are limited to mostly antiques as defined by the ATF.

Perhaps he was looking for words of comfort or absolution.

But I was in no position to give him that.

Never heard such a story about Grenada. From what I remember from reports it was mostly at the airport being built where the most combat occurred and the students they were sent to rescue were ticked off about having to leave. Most of the combat was pretty light.

He was told a school bus was full of Cuban soldiers and he was ordered to destroy it.

He obeyed orders.

It turns out the school bus was full of school children and their teachers, who were nuns.

Maybe he was effing witcha

I'm not understand why people are joking about this. It certainly wasn't funny to the man who told me this. I wouldn't be surprised if one day he killed himself to erase the memory of it from his mind.

He obeyed orders.

"They" say a lot of things which can't be corroborated by any actual evidence.

I was in Grenada before and as part of the invasion, we'd have heard of such an incident if it had occurred.

"They" say a lot of things which can't be corroborated by any actual evidence.

I was in Grenada before and as part of the invasion, we'd have heard of such an incident if it had occurred.
Are you saying this man lied when he told me he killed a bus load of children and nuns? What could possibly motivate him to do that?

And what makes you assume you would have heard about it if it happened? Do you think the military would like a story like that to be widely known?

Also, I'm not sure why people are saying either this man is a liar or I'm a liar and made up this man?

What gives?

Are you saying this man lied when he told me he killed a bus load of children and nuns? What could possibly motivate him to do that?

And what makes you assume you would have heard about it if it happened? Do you think the military would like a story like that to be widely known.

There's no evidence at all to suggest such an incident ever took place. It is incidents like this that always come out because reporters will dig for every nugget they can find if there's even a rumor of such an incident.

There's no evidence at all to suggest such an incident ever took place. It is incidents like this that always come out because reporters will dig for every nugget they can find if there's even a rumor of such an incident.
I never said I had evidence. This has nothing to do with reporters or the media.

A man told me he fought in Grenada and was ordered to destroy a school bus and accidentally killed school children and Catholic nuns. I have no doubt that he told me the truth.

I never said I had evidence. This has nothing to do with reporters or the media.

A man told me he fought in Grenada and was ordered to destroy a school bus and accidentally killed school children and Catholic nuns. I have no doubt that he told me the truth.
Then you are a fool for believing it without any supporting evidence.

So I have to make sure everything is proven before I believe it? That's idiotic. No one would ever make up a story like that.
People make up stories all the time like that or even worse just for the attention they can gain or to bond with others or out of a desire to shock people as well as to push their anti war/anti US Politics.

You are dangerously naïve and gullible.

People make up stories all the time like that or even worse just for the attention they can gain or to bond with others or out of a desire to shock people as well as to push their anti war/anti US Politics.

You are dangerously naïve and gullible.
You're ridiculous. Who would make up a story like that? The man is haunted by what he did, I could see it in his face. He is compelled to tell people his story, perhaps, hoping they will say something to make him feel better.

Have you heard about how so many military veterans kill themselves? Or is that something you also choose to disbelieve?

Forum List

Back