Would freedom of speech be in danger if 'liberals' were in power?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've read that most facebook employees wanted to inquire about a way to stop pro-Trump supporters or attempt to tilt the election away from Trump. I'm assuming that most of the employees at Facebook are super 'liberals' judging about how asexual mark zukerberge dresses or the fact he can't seem to dress appropriately for his job. It is one thing if it is a private company but what if these people were to get into power? How much of our liberties would be in jeopardy if they secretly scammed to shut down speech they didn't like. We have already seen this with the T-party groups and the IRS. How far would the democratic party as a whole go to shut down opponents? Would news agencies whose employees are mostly 'liberal' work to shut down speech they didn't like. Would they actually work with government agencies to do such a thing if the employees in the government were also 'liberal' and if they did would they tell people they cooperated with such efforts?

I've read that most facebook employees wanted to inquire about a way to stop pro-Trump supporters or attempt to tilt the election away from Trump. I'm assuming that most of the employees at Facebook are super 'liberals' judging about how asexual mark zukerberge dresses or the fact he can't seem to dress appropriately for his job. It is one thing if it is a private company but what if these people were to get into power? How much of our liberties would be in jeopardy if they secretly scammed to shut down speech they didn't like. We have already seen this with the T-party groups and the IRS. How far would the democratic party as a whole go to shut down opponents? Would news agencies whose employees are mostly 'liberal' work to shut down speech they didn't like. Would they actually work with government agencies to do such a thing if the employees in the government were also 'liberal' and if they did would they tell people they cooperated with such efforts?
This fails as a speculation fallacy, the thread premise is ignorant idiocy.

The fact is that liberals have always been advocates and defenders of free speech, often defending free speech rights from attacks by social conservatives hostile to speech it considers ‘immoral’ or ‘anti-Christian.’

Liberals respect and understand First Amendment jurisprudence, that hate speech is entitled to Constitutional protections, and that speech no matter how unpopular or offensive is immune from unwarranted attack or infringement by government.

Gosh, I hope Zuckerberg can withstand such a critique from the fashion police.

This fails as a speculation fallacy, the thread premise is ignorant idiocy.

The fact is that liberals have always been advocates and defenders of free speech, often defending free speech rights from attacks by social conservatives hostile to speech it considers ‘immoral’ or ‘anti-Christian.’

Liberals respect and understand First Amendment jurisprudence, that hate speech is entitled to Constitutional protections, and that speech no matter how unpopular or offensive is immune from unwarranted attack or infringement by government.

I'm sure a lot of liberals agree with you and on the surface I'm sure they would say that. It sounds nice but the actions of the 'liberal' employees don't seem to coincide with the rhetoric and it makes me wonder what would happen if these same employees were employees of the government. Would they go around and attempt to silence anyone who says anything bad about their boss or something they disagree with? What if they were employees of a news agency? It makes me wonder if these people are actually 'liberals' at all considering how much they work to find clever ways to silence their opponents.

I really don't think he cares.

Why should he care what some internet random thinks of his attire? It's his company and he can dress any damn way he wishes.

True. I suppose next week he will have an office meeting in his underoos. Do you think he will go with superman or spiderman. I heard batman is kind of trending.

Why should he care what some internet random thinks of his attire? It's his company and he can dress any damn way he wishes.

True. I suppose next week he will have an office meeting in his underoos. Do you think he will go with superman or spiderman. I heard batman is kind of trending.

How long have you been obsessed with his underwear?

I'm kind of upset that he has more underwear than I do. It isn't fair that he started a successful company which allowed him to buy all the underwear he wants. now we have a world of people have underwear and people who don't. the haves and have nots.

Freedom of speech is already under heavy attack by liberals. Liberals need to be destroyed once and for all trust me on this.

The Political Correctness Police we see in action today are the descendants of the old Federalists, under the Presidency of John Adams. The loved Control.

The Federalists passed the Sedition Laws and used them to put people in jail who criticised the Adams Administration.

The Jeffersonians...who are the Conservatives today....were incensed. Jefferson ran, beat Adams ass...and pardoned them all who had been jailed for such things as posting a placard on a pole that said: Down with Tyrants.

The Federalist Party died out.

The incipiant liberal loons of today have the same impulse...the same love of Control...but they are stronger today because they have managed to divert a huge portion of that 19 trillion they have borrowed from our Children...into the purchase of VOTES in exchange for Free Stuff.

We need another Jefferson....to lead the Country back to Sanity.

I'm kind of upset that he has more underwear than I do. It isn't fair that he started a successful company which allowed him to buy all the underwear he wants. now we have a world of people have underwear and people who don't. the haves and have nots.

Don't sweat it. All the cool people freeball it anyway.

What Bulldog said. Where did you read this? Post a link.

Why does it have to be a "liberal" thing? From what I've seen both sides try to muffle, discredit, attack, manipulate and silence their opposition to advance their agenda.

So, let me get this straight: Facebook is a private entity. The kind RWs are always saying should be allowed to do whatever they want without government interference...except when they do SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE.

Is that a good synopsis of the OP?

Forum List

Back