Would it be wise politically for trump to take marijuana off the list of controlled substances

I smoked lots of weed through high school and college when I thought I had to be impaired to enhance life....then I grew the fuck up....I don’t know a single habitual user that isn’t an ambition lacking lowlife.
thats because you dont know many "habitual" pot smokers......otherwise you would not be making such a stupid statement...

Yeah let’s go with that if it makes you feel better.
Study: Poorer marijuana users smoking the most – The Denver Post

Legalize marijuana. Gather all the addicts up and warehouse them. Give them all the marijuana they can stand until they peacefully pass on. Keep them locked up so they can't hurt anyone.

See..............you are a prime example of how much some people DON'T know about marijuana. Marijuana is NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE in any way shape or form, so marijuana users aren't addicts, they are consumers.

If you want to go with the psychological addiction side, well..........people can get addicted to people (codependent relationships), shopping, eating, gambling, running, or any other thing, mentally.

And, while your wish for them to die is duly noted, sorry, but marijuana won't kill you if you smoke it. Matter of fact, it may help you live longer by reducing stress.

And finally, marijuana doesn't reduce a person's inhibitions or make them do things they wouldn't do normally. And, marijuana users are a lot less aggressive that most.
Straight from NORML. Sorry. I live with a couple of potheads. One has developed marijuana induced schizophrenia. The other swore he could quit any time. He lost everything to his addiction.

So no. I don't buy into any of the pro pot propaganda.

I smoked lots of weed through high school and college when I thought I had to be impaired to enhance life....then I grew the fuck up....I don’t know a single habitual user that isn’t an ambition lacking lowlife.
thats because you dont know many "habitual" pot smokers......otherwise you would not be making such a stupid statement...

Yeah let’s go with that if it makes you feel better.
Study: Poorer marijuana users smoking the most – The Denver Post
i commented on what you said....."I don’t know a single habitual user that isn’t an ambition lacking lowlife".....and that story does not back up what you said anyway....but nice dance ...dean would be proud of you.....

Legalize marijuana. Gather all the addicts up and warehouse them. Give them all the marijuana they can stand until they peacefully pass on. Keep them locked up so they can't hurt anyone.

See..............you are a prime example of how much some people DON'T know about marijuana. Marijuana is NOT PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE in any way shape or form, so marijuana users aren't addicts, they are consumers.

If you want to go with the psychological addiction side, well..........people can get addicted to people (codependent relationships), shopping, eating, gambling, running, or any other thing, mentally.

And, while your wish for them to die is duly noted, sorry, but marijuana won't kill you if you smoke it. Matter of fact, it may help you live longer by reducing stress.

And finally, marijuana doesn't reduce a person's inhibitions or make them do things they wouldn't do normally. And, marijuana users are a lot less aggressive that most.
Straight from NORML. Sorry. I live with a couple of potheads. One has developed marijuana induced schizophrenia. The other swore he could quit any time. He lost everything to his addiction.

you live with a couple of potheads?...yea sure you do.....like anyone who reads the shit you throw up around here about pot is going to believe that bullshit....

Politically wise? Don't know. The political gains here are not really relevant to me - it is taking political stock before implementing proper policy that is one of the major problems with how our government operates.

He should take pot off the controlled substance list because having it on there is asinine in the extreme. End of story.

Only because you said so.

Not convinced. NEXT........
Because it is not physically addictive. Because it does not cause long term harm. Because you cant overdose on it. None of which is true for alcohol which is legal and does all of those things. Or because the black market is entirely without regulation making ANYTHING you drive to it more dangerous. Perhaps because the drug war is the LARGEST expansion of police powers in memory and this is where tyranny comes from.

Or, we could simply acknowledge you have a right over your own damn body and that INCLUDES what you decide to stick in it. I could care less if you want to drink bleach - another legal substance - that is on you.

The argument for making it illegal is utterly without merit. The government needs to prove why it is infringing on my freedoms.

You know, one of the brightest computer guys I ever knew learned his trade in the Navy, and when he got out he started his own business fixing computers. He makes a pretty good living at it.

Interestingly enough, he's also a daily marijuana smoker.

Hard to say. I know a lot of dope smokers who like Trump and a lot who don't.

Of course it never should have been a Schedule 1 drug in the first place. It was used as a political weapon against the anti-war students.

People should not be locked up for taking certain chemicals.

Politically wise? Don't know. The political gains here are not really relevant to me - it is taking political stock before implementing proper policy that is one of the major problems with how our government operates.

He should take pot off the controlled substance list because having it on there is asinine in the extreme. End of story.

Only because you said so.

Not convinced. NEXT........
Because it is not physically addictive. Because it does not cause long term harm. Because you cant overdose on it. None of which is true for alcohol which is legal and does all of those things. Or because the black market is entirely without regulation making ANYTHING you drive to it more dangerous. Perhaps because the drug war is the LARGEST expansion of police powers in memory and this is where tyranny comes from.

Or, we could simply acknowledge you have a right over your own damn body and that INCLUDES what you decide to stick in it. I could care less if you want to drink bleach - another legal substance - that is on you.

The argument for making it illegal is utterly without merit. The government needs to prove why it is infringing on my freedoms.

Thanks for the regurgitation of 'High Times' talking points 40 years ago.

Of course it never should have been a Schedule 1 drug in the first place. It was used as a political weapon against the anti-war students.

Actually Blind Boo, it was placed on Schedule I a long time before the Viet Nam war. It was actually made illegal by a government agent named Anslinger who was biased against black and brown people. Since black and brown people were the main consumers of cannabis, Anslinger decided to start a campaign to get the plant made illegal. He got financial backing from Hurst, who at the time owned large timber holdings and didn't want the competition from hemp paper, and from DuPont, who were at the time working with oil and plastics, and didn't want the competition from hemp oil. So, they both gave Anslinger a whole bunch of money and he went out to Hollyweird and had them make the movie "Reefer Madness".

Interestingly enough, if you had training as a substance abuse counselor (I was one for the last 8 years I was in the Navy), you would see that the behaviors exhibited in the movie are more indicative of drinking and some kind of stimulants like cocaine. Almost none of the behaviors exhibited in the movie had anything to do with marijuana.

Anslinger then went to DC and lobbied Congress and got it put on Schedule I. But, the only problem is that Schedule I is reserved for drugs that have zero beneficial uses and are highly addictive. Marijuana has been proven to have definite beneficial medical use, as well as has been proven to not be physically addictive.

If you want to see a comprehensive history of marijuana in this country, I suggest watching the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. It's quite interesting and informative.

Bottom line about why marijuana was made illegal in the first place? Greed and racism.

Actually Blind Boo, it was placed on Schedule I a long time before the Viet Nam war. It was actually made illegal by a government agent named Anslinger who was biased against black and brown people. Since black and brown people were the main consumers of cannabis, Anslinger decided to start a campaign to get the plant made illegal. He got financial backing from Hurst, who at the time owned large timber holdings and didn't want the competition from hemp paper, and from DuPont, who were at the time working with oil and plastics, and didn't want the competition from hemp oil. So, they both gave Anslinger a whole bunch of money and he went out to Hollyweird and had them make the movie "Reefer Madness".

Interestingly enough, if you had training as a substance abuse counselor (I was one for the last 8 years I was in the Navy), you would see that the behaviors exhibited in the movie are more indicative of drinking and some kind of stimulants like cocaine. Almost none of the behaviors exhibited in the movie had anything to do with marijuana.

Anslinger then went to DC and lobbied Congress and got it put on Schedule I. But, the only problem is that Schedule I is reserved for drugs that have zero beneficial uses and are highly addictive. Marijuana has been proven to have definite beneficial medical use, as well as has been proven to not be physically addictive.

If you want to see a comprehensive history of marijuana in this country, I suggest watching the documentary "Grass" narrated by Woody Harrelson. It's quite interesting and informative.

Bottom line about why marijuana was made illegal in the first place? Greed and racism.

Yes I know all about Anslinger and his crusade that lead to the unconstitutional Marijuana Tax act of 1937. We could argue about the particulars, but greed and racism were a big part of the reason Congress passed it. There was little debated about it at the time and they completely ignored the AMA position. Farmers who grew Hemp were left out in the cold too. The deal was brokered in a smoke filled back room.....

Again you are an idiot on this subject even though your own household may be heroin addicts.

Hell the schizophrenia wasn't induced from pot it was induced from living with you.

Lets face it marajuana is on the federal controlled substance list with herion and cocaine and i think most of us know thats bull shit.
I dont use it but have been told it can help me with diabetic retinopathy by my doctor.
I have not considered it even with it being medically legal in fl due to standards i hold my employees to.
But I support it being legal.what do you think

I think it would be awesomely to watch democrats wring their hands over it.

Lets face it marajuana is on the federal controlled substance list with herion and cocaine and i think most of us know thats bull shit.
I dont use it but have been told it can help me with diabetic retinopathy by my doctor.
I have not considered it even with it being medically legal in fl due to standards i hold my employees to.

No. He would not gain votes from the Liberal scum that use MJ, but he would lose votes from those of us Conservatives who have no use for that shit.

No. He would not gain votes from the Liberal scum that use MJ, but he would lose votes from those of us Conservatives who have no use for that shit.
so you will get a hundred more votes.....many conservatives have a use for it too or can care less if someone smokes it.......yea i know i was shocked too....

You know, one of the brightest computer guys I ever knew learned his trade in the Navy, and when he got out he started his own business fixing computers. He makes a pretty good living at it.

All the daily marijuana smoker's I know and have known over the past 50 years have had stellar careers, lawyers, doctor's, insurance executives, etc some making just 6 figures and a few 7, don't know a one of them that has ever lacked motivation.

Well since you don't get out much from your bunker I hate to tell you many conservatives partake. I always said the first President that legalized it I would vote for I have since changed my mind and wouldn't vote for Trump if a gun was held to my head.

Well since you don't get out much from your bunker I hate to tell you many conservatives partake. I always said the first President that legalized it I would vote for I have since changed my mind and wouldn't vote for Trump if a gun was held to my head.
is trump worth a bullet in the head?...

All the daily marijuana smoker's I know and have known over the past 50 years have had stellar careers, lawyers, doctor's, insurance executives, etc some making just 6 figures and a few 7, don't know a one of them that has ever lacked motivation.

Alcohol shuts down my motivation more than cannabis ever did. If I have a tedious job to do, I smoke a few hits of a really good Sativa. Sativa gives me energy and makes me want to go out and do things. And, some of the hybrids are really good for concentration. Strawberry Fields is one of those.

There are some jobs that should be prohibited from cannabis use.
pilots
train engineers
truck drivers
stuff like that

I agree on that . many of my customers want my employees drug tested as its a controlled substance I have little choice .myself as long as they are not high at work im ok with it .

There is only one problem with that. Marijuana is a "tattle tale drug", meaning that traces of it can be left in your system long after the intoxicating effects have worn off. THC is stored by the body in fat cells, so how long it stays in your system depends a great deal on your body fat and metabolism rate. If you are skinny and have a high metabolism? It might be gone after a week and a half to three weeks. If you have a slow metabolism and a high body fat percentage? It could be detected in your urine up to 45 days later after use.

Current drug tests for marijuana can't tell if a person is intoxicated or not, just if the person has used in the past month or so. The only reliable way to tell if a person is intoxicated on marijuana is to give them a field sobriety test.
:rolleyes: Field sobriety tests are notoriously unreliable.

Forum List

Back