Would you place a Gun-Free-Zone sign in front of your house?

Would you place a Gun Free Zone in Front of your House?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters
That's right it's already known that most Australian's are unarmed. No sign needed. I guess if this girl had as gun she wouldn't have been stabbed to death.
Man charged over stabbing death - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Because a gun is the solution to everything?

If we relaxed our gun laws, we'd have murders every single damned day. You lot can keep your mass shootings. We want no part of them.

Your argument is flawed. The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.

Really?
You need to Google more.
Try New Orleans for a starter.

Because a gun is the solution to everything?

If we relaxed our gun laws, we'd have murders every single damned day. You lot can keep your mass shootings. We want no part of them.

Your argument is flawed. The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.

Really?
You need to Google more.

new orleans

the new orleans that the mayor after the hurricane

ordered the city cops to illegally confiscate as many as possible

firearms from little old ladies

who at the time needed the ability to protect themselves

more then normal

--LOL

Really?
You need to Google more.

new orleans

more then normal

--LOL

Lots of bad shit went on after the hurricane.
So what's the situation now?
How restrictive are the gun ownership laws?

Really?
You need to Google more.

new orleans

more then normal

--LOL

i dont live there

here is the record

as of 2009

The City of New Orleans: 2009 Yearly Crime Statistics

new orleans

more then normal

--LOL

i dont live there

here is the record

as of 2009

Neither do I but
If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.
Gun Violence in U.S. Cities Compared to the Deadliest Nations in the World - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities
and
A synopsis of Louisiana state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE
It is lawful for any person residing in this state to purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition in any state, contiguous or non-contiguous to this state and to receive or transport such rifle or shotgun or ammunition into this state, and to permit any person residing in a contiguous or non-contiguous state to purchase shotguns, rifles or ammunition in this state provided that the purchase of said rifle or shotgun complies with Louisiana law, the law of the other state Involved in the purchase and federal law.

POSSESSION
No state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. It is unlawful for anyone who has been convicted of certain crimes of violence to possess a firearm for a period of ten years from the date of completion of the sentence, probation, parole or suspension of sentence. It is unlawful for any person under seventeen to possess a handgun on his person, but this does not apply to any person under seventeen who is attending a hunter’s safety or firearms safety course; engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range; hunting or trapping pursuant to a valid license; or traveling to or from one of the above activities; or has the written permission of parents or legal guardian.

PREEMPTION
No political subdivision of the state may regulate in any manner, firearms or ammunition, unless otherwise allowed for in state law.
LA. REV. STAT. ANN. § 1796 Preemption of state law

No governing authority of a political subdivision shall enact after July 15, 1985, any ordinance or regulation more restrictive than state law concerning in any way the sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transfer, transportation, license, or registration of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition; provided, however, that this Section shall not apply to the levy and collection of sales and use taxes, license fees and taxes and permit fees, nor shall it affect the authority of political subdivisions to prohibit the possession of a weapon or firearm in certain commercial establishments and public buildings.
NRA-ILA | Louisiana

It all seems to contradict bigrednec's statement.

i dont live there

here is the record

as of 2009

Neither do I but
If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.
Gun Violence in U.S. Cities Compared to the Deadliest Nations in the World - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities
and
A synopsis of Louisiana state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE
It is lawful for any person residing in this state to purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition in any state, contiguous or non-contiguous to this state and to receive or transport such rifle or shotgun or ammunition into this state, and to permit any person residing in a contiguous or non-contiguous state to purchase shotguns, rifles or ammunition in this state provided that the purchase of said rifle or shotgun complies with Louisiana law, the law of the other state Involved in the purchase and federal law.

POSSESSION
No state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. It is unlawful for anyone who has been convicted of certain crimes of violence to possess a firearm for a period of ten years from the date of completion of the sentence, probation, parole or suspension of sentence. It is unlawful for any person under seventeen to possess a handgun on his person, but this does not apply to any person under seventeen who is attending a hunter’s safety or firearms safety course; engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range; hunting or trapping pursuant to a valid license; or traveling to or from one of the above activities; or has the written permission of parents or legal guardian.

PREEMPTION
No political subdivision of the state may regulate in any manner, firearms or ammunition, unless otherwise allowed for in state law.
LA. REV. STAT. ANN. § 1796 Preemption of state law

No governing authority of a political subdivision shall enact after July 15, 1985, any ordinance or regulation more restrictive than state law concerning in any way the sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transfer, transportation, license, or registration of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition; provided, however, that this Section shall not apply to the levy and collection of sales and use taxes, license fees and taxes and permit fees, nor shall it affect the authority of political subdivisions to prohibit the possession of a weapon or firearm in certain commercial establishments and public buildings.
NRA-ILA | Louisiana

It all seems to contradict bigrednec's statement.

probably not

i dont live there

here is the record

as of 2009

the city of new orleans: 2009 yearly crime statistics

neither do i but

gun violence in u.s. Cities compared to the deadliest nations in the world - richard florida - the atlantic cities
and
a synopsis of louisiana state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

Purchase
it is lawful for any person residing in this state to purchase or otherwise obtain a rifle or shotgun or ammunition in any state, contiguous or non-contiguous to this state and to receive or transport such rifle or shotgun or ammunition into this state, and to permit any person residing in a contiguous or non-contiguous state to purchase shotguns, rifles or ammunition in this state provided that the purchase of said rifle or shotgun complies with louisiana law, the law of the other state involved in the purchase and federal law.

Possession
no state permit is required to possess a rifle, shotgun, or a handgun. It is unlawful for anyone who has been convicted of certain crimes of violence to possess a firearm for a period of ten years from the date of completion of the sentence, probation, parole or suspension of sentence. It is unlawful for any person under seventeen to possess a handgun on his person, but this does not apply to any person under seventeen who is attending a hunter’s safety or firearms safety course; engaging in practice in the use of a firearm or target shooting at an established range; hunting or trapping pursuant to a valid license; or traveling to or from one of the above activities; or has the written permission of parents or legal guardian.

Preemption
no political subdivision of the state may regulate in any manner, firearms or ammunition, unless otherwise allowed for in state law.
La. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 1796 preemption of state law

no governing authority of a political subdivision shall enact after july 15, 1985, any ordinance or regulation more restrictive than state law concerning in any way the sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transfer, transportation, license, or registration of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition; provided, however, that this section shall not apply to the levy and collection of sales and use taxes, license fees and taxes and permit fees, nor shall it affect the authority of political subdivisions to prohibit the possession of a weapon or firearm in certain commercial establishments and public buildings.
nra-ila | louisiana

it all seems to contradict bigrednec's statement.

probably not

ok

outside of the two large cities in LA what is the crime rate and what are the gun laws in those cities?

Why would I look that up?
Your statement was
The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.
Bigrednec..........come on.......are you trying to shift the goalposts?

Yep a good guy with a gun will always stop a bad guy with a gun

Not always.

A good guy with a gun 100% chance of effective compared to 0% chance of an unarmed person stoping a bad guy with a gun.

You are full of shit dude. Out in AZ, when Gabby Gifford was shot, it was not a good guy with a gun that took down the shooter. It was just a good guy. Without a gun.

Of course a good guy with a gun ALMOST shot the good guy without a gun.

But hey, details details.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
I tried the sign for a time and the results were amazing. First gangs came by shooting up my house, not drive by shootings but they set up rifle rests, and some had small thirty caliber machine guns. They pretty much destroyed my house. It was a nightmare and when finally some were wheeling drones into place I went out and took down the sign and all the shooters left. Certainly is proof of something.

Not always.

A good guy with a gun 100% chance of effective compared to 0% chance of an unarmed person stoping a bad guy with a gun.

You are full of shit dude. Out in AZ, when Gabby Gifford was shot, it was not a good guy with a gun that took down the shooter. It was just a good guy. Without a gun.

Of course a good guy with a gun ALMOST shot the good guy without a gun.

But hey, details details.

Talk about being full of shit out doors in the daylight vs. indoors in the dark you see who comes out on top.

I feel sorry for those who are afraid of every bump in the night as they grip their pistol under their pillow. What a sad way to live life. Out of the people I know who own guns there has been 3 suicides and 2 people who accidentally shot themselves.

I feel sorry for those who are afraid of every bump in the night as they grip their pistol under their pillow. What a sad way to live life. Out of the people I know who own guns there has been 3 suicides and 2 people who accidentally shot themselves.

Well all the people I know own firearms and fire extinguishers none have shot themselves or had a fire to put out.

Forum List

Back