Would you place a Gun-Free-Zone sign in front of your house?

Would you place a Gun Free Zone in Front of your House?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters
Since the UK doesn't have access to guns they must turn too knives
So jake the UK has more murder with a knife than the U.S. has with knives.

About 2 to 1, if I have the figures right, which with the gun ban in the UK, means you have about a 1/16 to 1 less chance being murdered in the UK than in the USA, whether by gun or knife.

Let's help you out: that means, adjusted for population, you have 16 times great chance being murdered in the USA than in the UK by either gun or knife.

So, using your gun logic, carry a knife in the UK.

You are much safer in the UK.

Irrelevant UK people are still being murdered without the use of a firearm and UK leads in the murder rate for that particular weapon.

Yup, they are being murdered at about 1/16th the rate there than here.

So what you are saying is that you want to keep your guns though 15 Americans will die because of their ready availability.

About 2 to 1, if I have the figures right, which with the gun ban in the UK, means you have about a 1/16 to 1 less chance being murdered in the UK than in the USA, whether by gun or knife.

Let's help you out: that means, adjusted for population, you have 16 times great chance being murdered in the USA than in the UK by either gun or knife.

So, using your gun logic, carry a knife in the UK.

You are much safer in the UK.

Irrelevant UK people are still being murdered without the use of a firearm and UK leads in the murder rate for that particular weapon.

Yup, they are being murdered at about 1/16th the rate there than here.

So what you are saying is that you want to keep your guns though 15 Americans will die because of their ready availability.

Irrelevant, UK has a higher murder rate with knives than in the U.S.

UK has a higher murder rate with knives than in the U.S.

The gun ban in UK has cut the murder rate by gun to 1:18 adjusted for population. Thus some Britons turn to knives to murder.

Some folks' logic is that we should keep those 18:1 odds against us because people use knives to kill, although the knives kill so many less people.

If anyone offering such logic who was included in a magazine charting the Most Stupid In The World, that magazine would have to include a flip-out page to continue charting that stupidity.

Such logic about knives as a reason to not restrict would get that person an F in any logic class in America.

The gun ban in UK has cut the murder rate by gun to 1:18 adjusted for population. Thus some Britons turn to knives to murder.

Some folks' logic is that we should keep those 18:1 odds against us because people use knives to kill, although the knives kill so many less people.

If anyone offering such logic who was included in a magazine charting the Most Stupid In The World, that magazine would have to include a flip-out page to continue charting that stupidity.

Such logic about knives as a reason to not restrict would get that person an F in any logic class in America.

Irrelevant UK gun ban does not stop murders

Irrelevant UK gun ban does not stop murders

It overwhelmingly cuts down murders by as much as 18:1.

To say it "does not stop murders" means very little to the discussion.

UK is much safer place to live than the USA when it comes to the overall murder rate: incredibly safer.

Yes you are using people with guns too protect you. You want the bad guy who is intent on doing you harm too think you are armed regardless if you are not armed. That is how you are using gun owners to protect you.

No one in my area has a gun, so how the fuck am I relying on gun owners to protect me?
Answer me that, you fool, or piss off.
That's right it's already known that most Australian's are unarmed. No sign needed. I guess if this girl had as gun she wouldn't have been stabbed to death.
Man charged over stabbing death - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Because a gun is the solution to everything?

If we relaxed our gun laws, we'd have murders every single damned day. You lot can keep your mass shootings. We want no part of them.

No one in my area has a gun, so how the fuck am I relying on gun owners to protect me?
That's right it's already known that most Australian's are unarmed. No sign needed. I guess if this girl had as gun she wouldn't have been stabbed to death.
Man charged over stabbing death - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

If we relaxed our gun laws, we'd have murders every single damned day. You lot can keep your mass shootings. We want no part of them.

we do have murders everyday

mostly in the gun control carry banned anti gun cities

like chicago for example

Do you think a mass child killer will respect the Gun Free Zone sign?

Don't know, don't care.

Did you know that teachers in Utah carry concealed handguns?

They shouldn't.

Did you know that the Aurora movie theater shooter purposelybypassed the six movie theaters closer to his home that allowed you to carry guns (he went to the only nearby gun-free movie theater)?

Not my problem.

Have you ever considered doing what the rich people and politicians do, having armed bodyguards?

I don't need an armed bodyguard, I won't live in a country where there is a mass shooting every second weekend.

Do you know the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun?

Take away his bullets.

What would you propose that schools do when a bad guy enters the school with a gun?

Call the police. Duh.

I demand to know what state you live in, so that I may analyze the statistical effect of your gun laws.

You don't have the right to demand. But I live in Victoria.

Last edited:

Your argument is flawed. The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.

Your argument is flawed. The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.

There is still over ten thousand people killed by gun violence every year, which is way too many, and no one seems to care about stopping it.

Do you think a mass child killer will respect the Gun Free Zone sign?

Don't know, don't care.

Did you know that teachers in Utah carry concealed handguns?

They shouldn't.

Not my problem.

I don't need an armed bodyguard, I won't live in a country where there is a mass shooting every second weekend.

Take away his bullets.

What would you propose that schools do when a bad guy enters the school with a gun?

Call the police. Duh.

I demand to know what state you live in, so that I may analyze the statistical effect of your gun laws.

10 years of Clintons assault weapons ban didn't stop any mass shooting and did not stop Columbine.

Don't know, don't care.

They shouldn't.

Not my problem.

Take away his bullets.

Call the police. Duh.

10 years of Clintons assault weapons ban didn't stop any mass shooting and did not stop Columbine.

Something has to stop the shootings. If banning assault weapons won't prevent them, and doing nothing won't prevent them, then what will?

There is still over ten thousand people killed by gun violence every year, which is way too many, and no one seems to care about stopping it.

You failed to comprehend what I said.

The only cities that I know of that has at least one shooting everyday and at least one murder every other day or so, is cities that have strict gun control laws.
Read the above S L O W L Y let it sink in.

Forum List

Back