WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A FUTURE PERSONAL INVESTMENT ACCOUNT,instead of government ...

Would you like government imposed social security,or personal control?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those of us who have been in business for ourselves pay a hefty 15+% in self employment taxes and that takes a huge chunk of what we otherwidse would have had to invest in a private savings account..

The self-employed pay the same FICA taxes as anyone else. The employer share of FICA is part of overall compensation.

I'm pretty sure that I said that. But the self-employed pay both the employees and the employers share. And that is 15+% of our income that is not available to us to invest or use for anything.

Employees pay 15% total, its just not all accounted for on their pay check. Its the same either way .

BTW - I'm waiting for you to tell me how you intend to make money based on the past performance of the market when the past has already happened.

Clearly you dont get it.
from start of the op throughout explanations.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STOCK MARKET,NO CONNECTIONS,AFFILIATIONS,ETC,OR THE GOVERNMENT.IT IS A SIMPLE MONEY MARKET SAVINGS ACCOUNT,CONTROLLED AND MANAGED BY TGE US CITIZEN,held by the us treasury.

Clearly you dont get it.
from start of the op throughout explanations.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STOCK MARKET,NO CONNECTIONS,AFFILIATIONS,ETC,OR THE GOVERNMENT.IT IS A SIMPLE MONEY MARKET SAVINGS ACCOUNT,CONTROLLED AND MANAGED BY TGE US CITIZEN,held by the us treasury.

Imagine if we didn't have to contribute that 15% to SS, a lot more employers would have well funded pension plans for their employees huh....

And current social security beneficiaries would get nothing.

Brilliant plan.

Whats a few trillion more. The fed is monitizing debt by printing money to purchase it. Let's dilute the dollar further, who cares, it only robs our savings and long term investments.

Yeah the current system is working just great.

The self-employed pay the same FICA taxes as anyone else. The employer share of FICA is part of overall compensation.

I'm pretty sure that I said that. But the self-employed pay both the employees and the employers share. And that is 15+% of our income that is not available to us to invest or use for anything.

Employees pay 15% total, its just not all accounted for on their pay check. Its the same either way .

BTW - I'm waiting for you to tell me how you intend to make money based on the past performance of the market when the past has already happened.

Well, if you choose your investments via the dart board method, bless your heart. I wish you well. And I hope you have a rich uncle who will take care of you when you go broke because the odds are very high that you will. You probably play the slot machines in Vegas too rather than choose games with better odds.

However, those of us who are capable of reading and understanding trends, past performance, plans for growth and development, etc. do a pretty good job of using prior market performance to choose investments that have a better than average track record and are far more reliable to perform competently in the near and long term future. You don't buy property in a declining area if you are needing it to appreciate for instance. Appreciation is almost guaranteed, however, in a developing area.

And for those who are not capable of that, there are a number of competent financial advisors and planners who can guide them through the process. I don't advise putting all one's eggs with any one financial planner either though.

A lot of people may not know the stock market too well, and for those that make foolish investments there has to be a government system to return their losses, otherwise millions will be on welfare.
But with government backing up the losses the real problem is: should the government also backup the lost profits?
I think this is a great idea, and with our money going to corporations soon we'll all be on easy street, there will be two cars in every garage and a chicken in every pot, just like the Republicans promised back in 1929. Happy days are here again.

A lot of people may not know the stock market too well, and for those that make foolish investments there has to be a government system to return their losses, otherwise millions will be on welfare.
But with government backing up the losses the real problem is: should the government also backup the lost profits?
I think this is a great idea, and with our money going to corporations soon we'll all be on easy street, there will be two cars in every garage and a chicken in every pot, just like the Republicans promised back in 1929. Happy days are here again.

The problem with the government holding all the funds is that the funds will absolutely lose value via inflation because the government does nothing with them other than spend them and put a fixed amount in a fictitious trust fund.

Citizen controlled,no loss factor.
private savings money market account.

You've never answered ...

How did your own investments fare with the Bush crash?

For you to say something as foolish as this, you must not have any investments. (Actually, from your posts, I doubt you have ever held a job.)

Do have even a clue how many people were completely ruined by the Bush crash? Why would anyone want to work their whole lives, knowing they could lose every penny because they bought into your crazy scheme?

Rather than imposed redistribuative entitlements,its CITIZEN CONTROLLED PERSONAL SECURITY.
By the way,neddite.
I am a licensed civil engineer and architect,with my own business.
plus a licensed bonded insured 0100 residential/light commercial contractor.
and HAZMAT and HAZWOPER certified.
Do you want to shoot yourself in the foot any further?

Plus I run two newsletters and am an admin on conservative actions alerts,and i work with Governor Deals office on occasion concerning polucy evaluation(have the email from most rwcent with the governors office to prove it.

Rather than imposed redistribuative entitlements,its CITIZEN CONTROLLED PERSONAL SECURITY.
By the way,neddite.
Do you want to shoot yourself in the foot any further?

Wow. 'm inpressed. When you first came to this forum, you were an elected official in Georgia. And, a "democrat vampire buster" by night. Then, later, you were running for office and going to school while your fiance worked. :cuckoo:

What will you be tomorrow?

And, you still have not answered my question.

Neddite,there was no bush crash.
i dont invest,nor do anything risky.
at 2006,your doyche leaders took charge of congress,and pretty much due to the agenda they pushed,it created the problems that were turned around and manipulated to being a bush issue causehe happened to be in office at the time.
what a crock of shit.
fail neddite.
try again.

Youre a lying piece of shit neddite.
i never said i was an elected official here in georgia.
I created proposals the current leaders are reviewing and using.
i never said i was in school.
i posted that i graduated from university of delaware in 1993.
do you want me to repost my old posts,you lying piece of shit?
i was a parttime deputy sheriff at night for the county before i got laid off,and contractor architect during the day.
do you want to get shown how much a liar you are.also,if you recall,i was a citycouncilman in delaware from 2002-2004
neddite,unless you have anything of value to debate,or dispute,quit being a faggot troll and get off my thread.

Last edited:
Your own posts are your worst enemy. You write gibberish that only you understand. If you graduated from junior high, I would be surprised.

I'm just wondering how I can make sure that no one like you ever works on any property of mine.

there was no bush crash.
i dont invest,nor do anything risky.
at 2006,your doyche leaders took charge of congress,and pretty much due to the agenda they pushed,it created the problems that were turned around and manipulated to being a bush issue causehe happened to be in office at the time.

"...because bush happened to be in office at the time..."

That has got to be the best of the crazies I've heard in a long time.

What university did you learn this word from? And, what the hell does it mean.

vampi, you're just too nutty and weird. I'm done with you now. You can go back to your comic book site, ComMiebLasTerS.

Debate my op.
or its content.
or get lost.
not you,nor anyone else,have even a nanosecond of cell capacity to raise yourself to my level to debate me.
get lost.useless waste of sperm.

Forum List

Back