Would you support a presidential candidate who held that biblical law superceded the Constitution?

"the People should decide what type of society they wish to live in" without violating the rights of others.

Pesky thing that Constitution.

so you think you should have the 'right' to deny a child of his actual mother and replace her with a man.....?

Gays and lesbians have kids all the time. 10s of thousands in fact live in same sex households. So denying them marriage doesn't magically mean that their children have opposite sex parents.

It only guarantees these children never have married parents. Which only hurts these children.

funny how 'rights' suddenly become a relative thing.......this is all part of the pesky depravity of RELATIVISM......

Relative to what?

lots of deprived children there.....

relative to what? good question.....

And how does denying marriage to gays have any relevance to any of that?

Results reveal that, on eight out of twelve psychometric measures, the risk of clinical emotional problems, developmental problems, or use of mental health treatment services is nearly double among those with same-sex parents when contrasted with children of opposite-sex parents. The estimate of serious child emotional problems in children with same-sex parents is 17 percent, compared with 7 percent among opposite-sex parents, after adjusting for age, race, gender, and parent’s education and income. Rates of ADHD were higher as well—15.5 compared to 7.1 percent. The same is true for learning disabilities: 14.1 vs. 8 percent.

New Research on Same-Sex Households Reveals Kids Do Best With Mom and Dad

A study so flawed it was laughed out of court

A “reality check” for the Regnerus study on gay parenting [UPDATED]

This is why I wouldn't want a person who puts their religion above the constitution being president. As the faithful begin with a conclusion. And then 'massage' the data to match it.

That is it in a nutshell. They ignore reality in order to make their fantasy appear real.

Hey dummy since christians made the constitution I would say it is a moot question.....

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

The Constitution is a "secular" docoment and there is no mention of any zombie God.

Just because the Constitution does not mention God does not mean that some of the Bible helped to inspire the Constitution.
Like no business done on Sundays or some of the Leviticus and Deuteronomy laws plus many others that are incorporated into the Constitution.

True enough. But God isn't here to tell us what He, she, they, it want. Instead, its man telling us what God 'really means'.

Which leads us back to your statement: man is fallible.

Man could not have been that consistent. God wrote the Bible.
The Bible contains 66 books written over 1,500 years by 40 different writers but it tells one "big story" of God's plan of salvation that culminated in Jesus Christ. You can't even pass a secret around a circle of 12 people and get the same message at the end. There is a wide variety of human authors and themes (in the Bible). Yet behind these,there lies a single divine author with a single unifying theme.
What kind of writing utensil did he use? Or should I ask what font he used....I hope it wasn't Comic Sans.

He inspired the Men who wrote it.
Be insulting and flippant as you want to but history is there for the facts.
Moses who is credited with writing the Torah (Five books of Moses; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) was educated in the house of Pharaoh, he would have been literate not only in Egyptian but the surrounding cultures in his day. In the book of Job, dated to the Patriarchal period (2100-1800 B.C.) before the time of Moses, Job refers to writing and the material on which one writes. Writing with an Iron pen upon stone and lead is clearly described; lead a soft material could be inscribed with an Iron stylus. Soft Clay was also a material used to write upon, preserving the words of the writer.
Dismiss it all you want to but the facts are there like it or not.
And you know that....how? There are several versions of the bible....fact. There are several translations of the bible....fact. There are several contradictions in the bible...fact.

Your god did kind of a sucky job inspiring Men, didn't "he"?

Not really.
That is the excuses used by non believers.
Especially if you check all of the evidance out.
There are way more copies of the biblical manuscripts, with remarkable consistency between them, than there are for any of the classics like Plato, Aristotle and Socrates.
Again and again archaeological discoveries have verified the accuracy of the historical and cultural references in the Bible. The more they dig, the more it confirms the Bible.
No...there are lots of variations of both the New and Old testaments...and lots of gospels and books cut out. I believe it's you that is providing excuses....

Bible Versions and Translations Online

and

And why so many different Christian sects?

What kind of writing utensil did he use? Or should I ask what font he used....I hope it wasn't Comic Sans.

Moses who is credited with writing the Torah (Five books of Moses; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) was educated in the house of Pharaoh, he would have been literate not only in Egyptian but the surrounding cultures in his day. In the book of Job, dated to the Patriarchal period (2100-1800 B.C.) before the time of Moses, Job refers to writing and the material on which one writes. Writing with an Iron pen upon stone and lead is clearly described; lead a soft material could be inscribed with an Iron stylus. Soft Clay was also a material used to write upon, preserving the words of the writer.
And you know that....how? There are several versions of the bible....fact. There are several translations of the bible....fact. There are several contradictions in the bible...fact.

Not really.
Especially if you check all of the evidence out.
There are way more copies of the biblical manuscripts, with remarkable consistency between them, than there are for any of the classics like Plato, Aristotle and Socrates.
Again and again archaeological discoveries have verified the accuracy of the historical and cultural references in the Bible. The more they dig, the more it confirms the Bible.
I am a Christian, and I will be the first to admit that since we Christians don't live up to our scriptures and that we have a secular Constitution, that the latter requires a level playing field.

Want to blame somebody, blame us Christians.

What has that got to do with whether God or Man wrote the Bible, which was the brief deflection from the original conversation?

Because the bible has been re-written countless times.

Man created god.

Man wrote the bible.

"the People should decide what type of society they wish to live in" without violating the rights of others.

Pesky thing that Constitution.

so you think you should have the 'right' to deny a child of his actual mother and replace her with a man.....?

Gays and lesbians have kids all the time. 10s of thousands in fact live in same sex households. So denying them marriage doesn't magically mean that their children have opposite sex parents.

It only guarantees these children never have married parents. Which only hurts these children.

funny how 'rights' suddenly become a relative thing.......this is all part of the pesky depravity of RELATIVISM......

Relative to what?

lots of deprived children there.....

relative to what? good question.....

And how does denying marriage to gays have any relevance to any of that?

Results reveal that, on eight out of twelve psychometric measures, the risk of clinical emotional problems, developmental problems, or use of mental health treatment services is nearly double among those with same-sex parents when contrasted with children of opposite-sex parents. The estimate of serious child emotional problems in children with same-sex parents is 17 percent, compared with 7 percent among opposite-sex parents, after adjusting for age, race, gender, and parent’s education and income. Rates of ADHD were higher as well—15.5 compared to 7.1 percent. The same is true for learning disabilities: 14.1 vs. 8 percent.

New Research on Same-Sex Households Reveals Kids Do Best With Mom and Dad

Just checked the source out. :lol:

Hey dummy since christians made the constitution I would say it is a moot question.....

The Constitution is a "secular" docoment and there is no mention of any zombie God.

Just because the Constitution does not mention God does not mean that some of the Bible helped to inspire the Constitution.
Like no business done on Sundays or some of the Leviticus and Deuteronomy laws plus many others that are incorporated into the Constitution.

Thank you for playing grasping at straws.

There is no State Sanctioned, State Supported, State Mandated, State Required Religion.

There is no Religious Law in the U.S.

Sharia law....but enlighten us...what are these Leviticus/Deuteronomy laws incorporated in the Constitution?

Not really.
I am a Christian, and I will be the first to admit that since we Christians don't live up to our scriptures and that we have a secular Constitution, that the latter requires a level playing field. Want to blame somebody, blame us Christians.
What has that got to do with whether God or Man wrote the Bible, which was the brief deflection from the original conversation?
Your deflection is deflected on a bank shot into the trash can.

The issue is not Who or who wrote the Bible, but that the Bible does not trump the Constitution when it comes to our law. If we were a righteous people of Christians in this country, the matter may be far different than what it is now.

Man could not have been that consistent. God wrote the Bible.
The Bible contains 66 books written over 1,500 years by 40 different writers but it tells one "big story" of God's plan of salvation that culminated in Jesus Christ. You can't even pass a secret around a circle of 12 people and get the same message at the end. There is a wide variety of human authors and themes (in the Bible). Yet behind these,there lies a single divine author with a single unifying theme.

Not really.
No...there are lots of variations of both the New and Old testaments...and lots of gospels and books cut out. I believe it's you that is providing excuses....

and

All of those Bible versions are very close and pretty much say and mean the same thing.
America helped to created the different Christian denomanations.
You attend where you feel the most comfortable and you think is the best that fits your ideology.
Not everyone thing in this world should be just one way of thinking to doing things.
Diversity is what America is all about.

The teachings of the gnostics’ flatly contradicts the Jesus of the Bible.
That is why those books were not accepted.

Not really.

and

All of those Bible versions are very close and pretty much say and mean the same thing.
You attend where you feel the most comfortable and you think is the best that fits your ideology.
Not everyone thing in this world should be just one way of thinking to doing things.

And who says those books aren't accepted? Other men.....it all goes back to a very very long game of Telephone.

Not really.
I am a Christian, and I will be the first to admit that since we Christians don't live up to our scriptures and that we have a secular Constitution, that the latter requires a level playing field. Want to blame somebody, blame us Christians.
Your deflection is deflected on a bank shot into the trash can.

The issue is not Who or who wrote the Bible, but that the Bible does not trump the Constitution when it comes to our law. If we were a righteous people of Christians in this country, the matter may be far different than what it is now.

All I did was answer bodecea's posts.

The Commandment says you can't have any other gods other than the God of the Bible.
Actually, it says "no other gods before Me".....makes it sound like there ARE other gods, just the Jewish God better be #1 in their worship.

False Gods made of clay and stone or brass.
Who is to say these gods are false. Many people did and continue to believe in other gods....Brahma for example. Who is it for you to say he doesn't exist?

Not really.

and

And who says those books aren't accepted? Other men.....it all goes back to a very very long game of Telephone.

The Gnostics were not even accepted when they were alive.
They did not believe in the resurrection of Jesus.

Forum List

Back