Would you vote for a Muslim as POTUS?

Would you vote for a muslim for POTUS

• yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
I voted for a Mormon. What's the difference?

Should a Muslim be excluded from consideration because of religious affiliation? If Jeremiah Wright didn't get Barry excluded, the bar is so low that nobody can fall below it.

Why not, our early presidents had little or no religion and did well, some of our recent so called Christians did poorly, and do we really know a person's true feeling about religion or even their presumed religion? Values and accomplishments mean more than the religious tag you were assigned or assume.

"Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car." Garrison Keillor

I would vote for a moderate Muslim...I would not vote for an extremist Muslim

I would also not vote for a fundamentalist Christian, Orthodox Jew or Scientologist

Why not, our early presidents had little or no religion and did well, some of our recent so called Christians did poorly, and do we really know a person's true feeling about religion or even their presumed religion? Values and accomplishments mean more than the religious tag you were assigned or assume.

"Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car." Garrison Keillor
All our early Presidents read the Bible. And while they maybe listed as Deists, the obvious issue was that to be an Anglican clearly meant that the King of England was the "Pope" of your church. One's values and accomplishments were viewed as the measure of one's Character.

Hell no. I'm with Carson on this. But recall the hysteria over possibly electing a Mormon. The main problem with Islam is they never had a New Testament.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

I would also not vote for a fundamentalist Christian, Orthodox Jew or Scientologist
Would you vote for an Atheist?

I am one
I didn't think Captain Kangaroo was? But clearly, I know that no one is perfect (a Christian realization). But I would want someone who was humbly seeking to do the right thing and follow a path that would make the United States a sincere, soul searching nation. Atheists do not believe in souls ---- I take it...

Would you vote for an Atheist?

I am one
I didn't think Captain Kangaroo was? But clearly, I know that no one is perfect (a Christian realization). But I would want someone who was humbly seeking to do the right thing and follow a path that would make the United States a sincere, soul searching nation. Atheists do not believe in souls ---- I take it...

Atheists believe in doing something because it is the right thing to do....not because the fear some vengeful God or are trying to get a good seat in heaven

The Constitution prohibits religious tests.
This isn't a constitutionally-driven test. It's simply a question about how an individual would vote, that's it. This has nothing to do with constitutional law..
Sure, it does. We are not to consider religious tests for office. However, I would certainly consider the values of atheists, agnostics, anti-Godists, and theists carefully. I simply could not vote for any who had far right restrictive fundamental values that would restrict the rights of other citizens.

The Constitution prohibits religious tests.
This isn't a constitutionally-driven test. It's simply a question about how an individual would vote, that's it. This has nothing to do with constitutional law..
Sure, it does. We are not to consider religious tests for office. However, I would certainly consider the values of atheists, agnostics, anti-Godists, and theists carefully. I simply could not vote for any who had far right restrictive fundamental values that would restrict the rights of other citizens.
You folks just won't be honest about this.

Article 6
All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify. Again, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

One more time, Carson did not say that a Muslim would not qualify.

He said that he would not vote for one: "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation," Carson said on NBC's "Meet the Press." "I absolutely would not agree with that."

The PC Police have been blatantly dishonest about this story from the moment it broke, and it won't stop.

Why does just being honest have to be so goddamned difficult?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back