Would you vote FOR these or for Sequestration?

Vote FOR any of these that you SUPPORT:

• Just let sequestration happen. Its the most we can cut at this time.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Keep the sequestration cuts but put them over 3-years

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Impose a transaction tax on stock, option, derivatives

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Tax losses for options & derivatives are not tax deductible

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Go after off-shore tax shelters (ala Wellstone)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Close ALL corporate & individual tax loop-holes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Fix Social Security by raising age 1-year for those under 50

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Cut Federal government by 10% via attrition and cap it

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • End Foreign Aid (until we get a surplus)

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Medicare gets annual & lifetime caps like other insurances

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
I keep hearing the dems whining about sequestration on TV. I wish the DC idiots would just put these to the voters to decide.

The US spends more on defense than the next 13 countries. Panetta whines for more spending.

Please vote as if you are a senator or congressman for these taxes and spending cuts.

I keep hearing the dems whining about sequestration on TV. I wish the DC idiots would just put these to the voters to decide.

The US spends more on defense than the next 13 countries. Panetta whines for more spending.

Please vote as if you are a senator or congressman for these taxes and spending cuts.

And we spend more on the parasite class than all 196 countries combined.

Here's a FACT: we spend $1 trillion per year on Social Security. We spend $500+ billion on defense (and defense is a critical necessity, while the marxist Social Security is NOT).

Anyone who bitches about what we spend on defense without mentioning one word about the amount (DOUBLE) that we spend on Social Security is a disingenuous partisan HACK...

Here's a FACT: we spend $1 trillion per year on Social Security. We spend $500+ billion on defense (and defense is a critical necessity, while the marxist Social Security is NOT).

Anyone who bitches about what we spend on defense without mentioning one word about the amount (DOUBLE) that we spend on Social Security is a disingenuous partisan HACK...

We paid into the SS system all our working lives, about $300,000 and now we're supposed to get a few bucks back that are worth less than we paid in due to inflation. SS was earned. Defense spending is a luxury.

If you want to whine about welfare, then whine about Medicaid, welfare, free lunches, foreign aid, and wasted education spending.

Cut foreign aid drastically....until we have the money to fund it.
We have to borrow money to give it away in foreign aid....

Are we that friggin stupid,or crazy,or reckless,or all these.

I must have missed the entitlement cuts in the options. Cuts to Planned Parenthood and such.

I just went for the big bucks. Not mentioning big bird, Planned Parenthood, etc.

Do you know what they are funded by? Its not entitlements. Those are Medicare & SS, since we paid for those and are "entitled" to benefits. Unlike Obamacare, where the maggot class gets the same medical care for free, and its called Medicaid.

They couldn't cut a deal in their own timeline so now they are backsliding. Let the cuts happen and see what happens. In the end the DOD will cut out pork that should be trimmed and keep what we need.

The bigger threat to our economy is the reduction in spending power of the average consumer. The cost of meat has increased almost 25% in the last three years, all our paychecks have been reduced by 2% this year, and gas prices are at the highest they have ever been in February. These three things have the potential to stall out the economy this spring and I hear no one talking about it. The average consumer has less money to spend and the basics cost more.

If the consumer spends the same as last year consumer debt will increase. If they spend less the economy shrinks.

So the Feds must make the cuts and there will have to be bigger ones in the future unless taxes are raised which effects the consumer again.

They couldn't cut a deal in their own timeline so now they are backsliding. Let the cuts happen and see what happens. In the end the DOD will cut out pork that should be trimmed and keep what we need.

The bigger threat to our economy is the reduction in spending power of the average consumer. The cost of meat has increased almost 25% in the last three years, all our paychecks have been reduced by 2% this year, and gas prices are at the highest they have ever been in February. These three things have the potential to stall out the economy this spring and I hear no one talking about it. The average consumer has less money to spend and the basics cost more.

If the consumer spends the same as last year consumer debt will increase. If they spend less the economy shrinks.

So the Feds must make the cuts and there will have to be bigger ones in the future unless taxes are raised which effects the consumer again.

Generally agree. The big picture is, that we simply can't keep adding to the Debt because when interest rates go up, we will be bankrupt like Greece. The safe play is to cut spending and try to rebuild the manufacturing base to get blue collar employment up. Wall Street simply outsourced way too much.

For the record, I'm 100% behind closing ALL tax loopholes IF we restructure our entire tax code.

Federal tax is 10% across the board. Period. No deductibles for anyone, no loopholes, no offshore tax shelters, etc. You pay 10% of your salary and that's it.

We need to start shrinking this monstrosity of a federal government and this is a great way to start. With this tax model, you could start by completely gutting the IRS.

We paid into the SS system all our working lives, about $300,000 and now we're supposed to get a few bucks back that are worth less than we paid in due to inflation. SS was earned. Defense spending is a luxury.

If you want to whine about welfare, then whine about Medicaid, welfare, free lunches, foreign aid, and wasted education spending.

Ok - but you do realize that welfare is under the Social Security umbrella? And people on welfare, Medicaid, etc. are NOT paying into Social Security.

But, I agree with you 100% on what you just said. Especially the foreign aid. It's bad enough we're giving American's a free ride, but giving foreigners a free ride is completely unconscionable.

20% might work. 10% is idiotic.

The top 1% gets 90% of their income via capital gains, not earned income.

I'm for the Clinton era tax rates, but with no deductions, and EVERYTHING IS TAXED as "income", i.e. no "capital gains" tax break.

I'm for the Clinton era tax rates, but with no deductions, and EVERYTHING IS TAXED as "income", i.e. no "capital gains" tax break.

So you want to inhibit people from investing in this country.

Let them invest wherever they want. But when their overseas investments get "nationalized" don't come crying to us. The EU has a transaction tax and higher tax rates overall. What we offer is safety and security. If you want to invest in China go ahead. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Do you understand that they have to give those capital gains "tax breaks" because the Clinton era tax rates were so high, there is nearly no incentive to risk your money in investments?!?

Drop the federal tax rate to 10% flat across the board and I'm 100% with you on taxing capital gains as income as well. But as long as we have these 35% - 40% outrageous rights, captial gains is not an option.

Do you understand that they have to give those capital gains "tax breaks" because the Clinton era tax rates were so high, there is nearly no incentive to risk your money in investments?!?

Drop the federal tax rate to 10% flat across the board and I'm 100% with you on taxing capital gains as income as well. But as long as we have these 35% - 40% outrageous rights, capital gains is not an option.

Look at it this way. Pensions are being eliminated and replaced with 401k's. That means that the government needs to do a better job of protecting small investors from computer trading, derivatives, and other risky components to the stock market. If we have another bad recession, people will starve.

I'm almost in favor of a Federal Reserve mutual fund that guarantees a safe return, but provides better yield than T-Bills and T-Notes. Something too big to fail, and clubs the stock market sharks.

Drop the federal tax rate to 10% flat across the board and I'm 100% with you on taxing capital gains as income as well. But as long as we have these 35% - 40% outrageous rights, capital gains is not an option.

Look at it this way. Pensions are being eliminated and replaced with 401k's. That means that the government needs to do a better job of protecting small investors from computer trading, derivatives, and other risky components to the stock market. If we have another bad recession, people will starve.

I'm almost in favor of a Federal Reserve mutual fund that guarantees a safe return, but provides better yield than T-Bills and T-Notes. Something too big to fail, and clubs the stock market sharks.

But that's the problem. We have to stop this insanity of "I'm a helpless child - government protect me".

An investor is responsible for understanding the risks. If a person is too lazy to take the time, they get exactly what they deserve. We need to get government the hell out of everything except for the specific 18 enumerated powers the Constitution authorizes them to be involved in.

Defense spending is NOT a luxury. Where do you people think you live? Candy Land?

If you paid into SS, then tell Me why the fuck the government has to borrow money to pay you your money? At INTEREST to boot!

You want to whine about sequestration? Cut 2/3's of the non-defense government FIRST. Then get back to Me.

But that's the problem. We have to stop this insanity of "I'm a helpless child - government protect me".

An investor is responsible for understanding the risks. If a person is too lazy to take the time, they get exactly what they deserve. We need to get government the hell out of everything except for the specific 18 enumerated powers the Constitution authorizes them to be involved in.

We disagree on this issue. I've seen in the last few years how government whores let the Wall Street crooks (Madoff as an example, there are many others) rip investors off. There is no other pension option than stocks and bonds if all we have are 401k's instead of "defined benefit plans".

I want the SEC and the Fed to actively police the stock market, and I want transaction taxes to pay for it. Buy and hold needs to be the only investment option.

I'm not sure if you were in the market when it went to 7,000 but investors lost trillions thru no fault of their own. The government needs to keep investing legitimate, since all of our pensions depend on it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back