Wow! An insightful and comprehensive look at Trump v. H. of Rep. coming soon!

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas,

dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance

are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

Was all a part of the OP (View Bold)

Did you win or lose?

It's not about me, MeBelle. It will be settled by the Supreme Court, and IMO, if the Court votes 5-4 in support of the Presidency, we have answered the response of Mr. Franklin, two centuries and three decades ago:
  • you have a Republic, if you can keep it,
  • We will have lost it.
Remember, kids, you only have a Republic when Democrats get their agenda forced on the American people.

Do you really think that's what Franklin meant, DQ?

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas,

Did you win or lose?

It's not about me, MeBelle. It will be settled by the Supreme Court, and IMO, if the Court votes 5-4 in support of the Presidency, we have answered the response of Mr. Franklin, two centuries and three decades ago:
  • We will have lost it.
The Court would have ruled that the President is not answerable to Congress and can ignore subpoenas at will.

Will impact all future presidencies and the balance of power

Trump Is Counting on the Supreme Court to Save Him

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

Keep in mind the rules in effect in this forum.

The Supreme Court is well aware of precedents with their decisions

If they want to rule that a President has no obligation to respond to Congressional inquiries and throw out Constitutional checks and balances....the same ruling will apply to all future presidents.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans

No president has ever been obligated to make tax records public. The inquiry is weightless.

The end of days huh, again? If he survives, I’m voting for him again in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas, dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

You obviously are not in control.....of anything. Vote corn pop in 2020 [emoji2957].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

How about not caring?

From the link:

You lefties are desperate because you know you can't win an election.

Trump is under no obligation to comply with every political hoax some lib turd knocker files.

From the link:

It's nothing but a witch hunt and you know that with 100% certainty, otherwise you would have never bothered mentioning it in the first place.

From the link:

So it the court puts a stop to the unprecedented fishing expeditions this congress has embarked on, it will create a constitutional crisis?

ROFLMFAO

What a crock of commie bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

From the link:

Wonderful how liberals worship "rules" except when they run into one they don't feel applies to them.

Did you win or lose?

• We will have lost it.

Then by all means start your revolution....:popcorn:

I won't start or support a revolution, I don't support the Bern. He's too radical and his promises are free pie in the sky, and won't be funded by the Congress, even if the D's are in the majority of both Chambers of Congress.

I will support Biden, and hope his VP is a women. My biggest concern is trump, if he loses he will still have the time (77 days) to damage what he has not already destroyed.

I hope the Supreme Court puts our Republic before their party and/or ideology; and that sooner than later trump and Barr will never ever have a governmental job of trust.

Did you win or lose?

• We will have lost it.

Then by all means start your revolution....:popcorn:

I won't start or support a revolution, I don't support the Bern. He's too radical and his promises are free pie in the sky, and won't be funded by the Congress, even if the D's are in the majority of both Chambers of Congress.

I will support Biden, and hope his VP is a women. My biggest concern is trump, if he loses he will still have the time (77 days) to damage what he has not already destroyed.

I hope the Supreme Court puts our Republic before their party and/or ideology; and that sooner than later trump and Barr will never ever have a governmental job of trust.
"Having a vagina" is not a qualification for office.

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas, dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

Why? You spew the same debunked shit over and over and over expecting a different result.

I have faith that good people will see the danger of the lack of transparency among those still supporting trump, and how it must eventually and negatively effect them; I have faith in the Separation of Power, instrumental in keeping our Republic great for the last two hundred and thirty years. A system which has not until now seen one chamber of the Congress surrender to the Executive based on the definition of what a High Crime or Misdemeanor means.

From the link:

The only crisis is in your head.

Did you win or lose?

• We will have lost it.
Remember, kids, you only have a Republic when Democrats get their agenda forced on the American people.

Do you really think that's what Franklin meant, DQ?

I have faith that good people, Republicans, Democrats, Independents and Libertarians will see the danger of the lack of transparency among those still supporting trump, and how it must eventually and negatively effect them.

I have faith in the Separation of Power, instrumental in keeping our Republic great for the last two hundred and thirty years, and that it will remain a fundamental principle respected by We the People and those in power.

This system, a system which has not until now seen one chamber of the Congress surrender to the Executive (based on the definition of what a High Crime or Misdemeanor means) has brought Mr. Franklin's statement into the light. Do we want a King who believes he is above the law? Or do we want a leader, who puts the people, the Constitution and our posterity First and Foremost in his or her decisions.

Last edited:

From the link:

The Supreme Court is well aware of precedents with their decisions

If they want to rule that a President has no obligation to respond to Congressional inquiries and throw out Constitutional checks and balances....the same ruling will apply to all future presidents.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans

Right because the Party that turned the FBI into their Secret Police is so fucking law abiding

kleenex-truck.jpg

Forum List

Back