WOW Fox News really powerful..75% of Americans want IRS special prosecutor!

Folks questioned the methodology of the poll.

Do you have an issue with the methodology, or the phrasing of the question?

Or are you simply deflecting.

Are you saying that this poll is meaningless?

I'm saying this:

1. the 90+% support for background checks was probably the highest number on one side for any polls ever made the topic of discussion on USMB.

2. Despite that, practically every rightwing inmate in this asylum found some excuse to reject, ridicule, demean, and dismiss those polls.

3. The new rule on USMB is, you rightwing nuts, if the shoe fits, don't get to use polls anymore for anything. Period.

Oh, you can try. You can start all the lame threads you want, arguing from a poll you happen to like, but the deal is,

you're going to be hammered about the background check polls every single time, thus rendering your argument useless and comical.

Fair enough?

I never discussed the validity of polls regarding background checks.

Do you think this poll showing 75% support of appointing a special prosecutor is meaningless?

This tactic is tired one used constantly by the left to deflect the attention of the feeble-minded. Interject something, gun control, with something that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed, the illegal actions of the IRS.

I'm saying this:

1. the 90+% support for background checks was probably the highest number on one side for any polls ever made the topic of discussion on USMB.

2. Despite that, practically every rightwing inmate in this asylum found some excuse to reject, ridicule, demean, and dismiss those polls.

3. The new rule on USMB is, you rightwing nuts, if the shoe fits, don't get to use polls anymore for anything. Period.

Oh, you can try. You can start all the lame threads you want, arguing from a poll you happen to like, but the deal is,

you're going to be hammered about the background check polls every single time, thus rendering your argument useless and comical.

Fair enough?

Do you think this poll showing 75% support of appointing a special prosecutor is meaningless?

This tactic is tired one used constantly by the left to deflect the attention of the feeble-minded. Interject something, gun control, with something that has nothing to do with the topic being discussed, the illegal actions of the IRS.

Notice how he won't answer the question.

Three-quarters (75%) of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent.
Those backing such a move included 63 percent of Democrats.

Special IRS Prosecutor Favored as Obama Support Drops - Bloomberg

So the Dems can't even complain it's partisan lololol

Three-quarters (75%) of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent.

This reaction is not surprising. Only fascist/Marxist nitwits on the left do not comprehend just how dangerous and outrageous the IRS' behavior is. This is not about Fox News' power, though it is Fox News that inevitably forced the other outlets to grudgingly take up the story.

Last edited:

This reaction is not surprising, only fascist/Marxist nitwits on the left do not comprehend just how dangerous and outrageous the IRS' behavior is. This is not about Fox News' power, though it is Fox News that inevitably forced the other outlets to grudgingly take up the story.

Just like every single scandal during this administration. The only news outlet that is doing anything reminiscent of investigative journalism is Fox News.

So what is up with the other 25%? Do they like the IRS? Work there? Don't understand the issue?

Your question is not relevant. My questions are.

I'm saying this:

Fair enough?

The topic of this thread is a poll. The topic of this thread depends on the value of polling to make an argument. The consensus on the Right at USMB is that the 90+% in the polls for universal background checks was of NO value as an argument.

All I'm asking is, why is this different? ...why is this different other than the obvious reason that it's different because it's a poll you people like?

It's an invalid premise. But since I didn't disagree with the validity of the background check polls, I'm asking you:

Are you saying that this poll is meaningless?

There's no premise stated. It's a question to those who rejected the background check polls but are going to try to use this poll. Since you didn't reject the background check polls, it's not a question to you.

Yes, it's such a deep point too. You get to combine your distaste for Fox and marginalize the illegal actions of the IRS.

Forget the poll, do you think there needs to be a special prosecutor?

If Fox had any influence 90% of Americans would have opposed background checks,

and Mitt Romney would be president.

Ever since the Right on USMB almost unanimously rejected the merit of the multiple polls showing over 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks,

I think they themselves established what the standard should be as to how relevant, meaningful, or important polls should be considered in making an argument for any side of any issue.

Anyone disagree? Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

How on Earth could I, as a conservative, determine which polls you reject as meaningless?

What an absurd notion.

Your random combination of words is incomprehensible.

Do you believe that the 90+% support in the polls for universal background checks was a good argument for action on that issue? Can you remind us of your position on that?

No, that 90+% support for universal background checks was not a good argument for action on universal background checks. First, it was emotional, taken shortly after the slaughter of children at an elemetary school. Second, most of the respondents had little idea of what universal background checks entailed. Third, the percentage dropped rapidly as time passed and common sense took over from emotion. And last, but not least, the politicians recognized that their support for universal background checks could cost them the next election.

Nor, do I support a special prosecutor for the IRS scandal, because that will take the Democrats off the hook until after the next election. We need the congressional hearings to continually remind people of just how corrupt this administration is. Once the public learns all the facts, then it will be time for a special prosecutor to start putting these assholes in jail.

Gun control is a Constitutional issue that nine people decide.

I am still curious why the 25% don't want an investigation.

Your question is not relevant. My questions are.

There's a poll referenced in the OP. My question deals with that. Your questions are only relevant to the people that are using this poll as a basis for one argument after denying the premise of other polls in another argument.

Why won't you answer? What are you afraid of?

The topic of this thread is a poll. The topic of this thread depends on the value of polling to make an argument. The consensus on the Right at USMB is that the 90+% in the polls for universal background checks was of NO value as an argument.

All I'm asking is, why is this different? ...why is this different other than the obvious reason that it's different because it's a poll you people like?

Show the consensus. Plenty of people on the right did not argue with the basis of the other polls.

Since this thread is about this poll, do you think it's meaningless?

Ever since the Right on USMB almost unanimously rejected the merit of the multiple polls showing over 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks,

I think they themselves established what the standard should be as to how relevant, meaningful, or important polls should be considered in making an argument for any side of any issue.

Anyone disagree? Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

How on Earth could I, as a conservative, determine which polls you reject as meaningless?

What an absurd notion.

Do you believe that the 90+% support in the polls for universal background checks was a good argument for action on that issue? Can you remind us of your position on that?

There's nothing random about it... you said this:

Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

To which I responded in kind.

Now, as for your question, nothing to remind you of as I never took a position, but since you asked...

I don't think we run this country on CNN or Fox News polls... with that said, hey, float a bill.. see what the people say... there's your real polling data.

Gun control is a Constitutional issue that nine people decide.

I am still curious why the 25% don't want an investigation.

Darrell Issa doesn't want a special prosecutor. Explain that.

He doesn't want to lose control of the process and he doesn't want to give the White House a valid excuse to not answer any more questions. To do so would hurt his political position and would give someone else discretion.

He has a point, but I think a conflict of interest exists so a special prosecutor should be appointed.

Show the consensus. Plenty of people on the right did not argue with the basis of the other polls.

Since this thread is about this poll, do you think it's meaningless?

Ok, just to shut you up, I have said about a thousand times on this forum that I consider polls, especially averages of multiple polls, to be reasonably accurate snapshots of public opinion at that time,

assuming the poll does not have some demonstrable flaw in methodology.

You know, Eric Holder would appoint the special prosecutor. What do you think then happens if that appointment does not cause enough high-up Democratic heads to roll?

...the rightwing propaganda machine that is in full cry for that appointment would then write him or her off as just some handpicked lackey of the administration who was in on the whole scheme,

and away we'd go again.

What an absurd notion.

There's nothing random about it... you said this:

Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

To which I responded in kind.

Now, as for your question, nothing to remind you of as I never took a position, but since you asked...

I don't think we run this country on CNN or Fox News polls... with that said, hey, float a bill.. see what the people say... there's your real polling data.

Once a special prosecutor is appointed, if he doesn't get the kind of results you want, you'll be right back here bitching about him and claiming the whole process was just one more administration scam.

Forum List

Back