Wow, I guess I shouldn't...

As for the gun, it was a revolver of some sort and I didn't even take it out of the holster. I would think it was loaded though, an unloaded gun isn't much use if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night!

I don't think I'll kill myself, I'm really too much of a chickenshit to do that. I also don't want to hurt others who are left behind. But it's like I told my husband, I need some slack. He might want to cook his own meal once in a while, he worked as a freaking chef for 17 years for crying out loud.

But I'm afraid my grief is turning into something else, and it scares me. And that something else is anxiety and panic, which surely leads to depression. I went through that when I was only about 20 years old and still look back in wonder at how tough I was...that I survived it. Of course, it probably explains why I drank like a fish for a few decades. (I don't drink anymore...would probably already be dead if I had continued drinking the way I was)

The thing about Greta is that she was the one who comforted me and kept me calm through this last decade. And now she's gone, so I have to learn to get along without her. And sometimes I don't want to. But I have to, I know that.

The one thing that will absolutely keep me from killing myself is this...the possibliity that by doing that I hurt my chances of meeting up with her in the Afterlife. Now, I think all this Afterlife stuff is probably a fool's dream, but nonetheless I don't want to in any way jeopardize seeing my Greta again some day. So I'll live out this miserable life as best as I can.

You need professional help.

Blubblering away to message board sympathisers is no substitute.

You need to grow a heart.

- Jeremiah

As for the gun, it was a revolver of some sort and I didn't even take it out of the holster. I would think it was loaded though, an unloaded gun isn't much use if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night!

I don't think I'll kill myself, I'm really too much of a chickenshit to do that. I also don't want to hurt others who are left behind. But it's like I told my husband, I need some slack. He might want to cook his own meal once in a while, he worked as a freaking chef for 17 years for crying out loud.

But I'm afraid my grief is turning into something else, and it scares me. And that something else is anxiety and panic, which surely leads to depression. I went through that when I was only about 20 years old and still look back in wonder at how tough I was...that I survived it. Of course, it probably explains why I drank like a fish for a few decades. (I don't drink anymore...would probably already be dead if I had continued drinking the way I was)

The thing about Greta is that she was the one who comforted me and kept me calm through this last decade. And now she's gone, so I have to learn to get along without her. And sometimes I don't want to. But I have to, I know that.

The one thing that will absolutely keep me from killing myself is this...the possibliity that by doing that I hurt my chances of meeting up with her in the Afterlife. Now, I think all this Afterlife stuff is probably a fool's dream, but nonetheless I don't want to in any way jeopardize seeing my Greta again some day. So I'll live out this miserable life as best as I can.

You need to grow a heart.

- Jeremiah

You need to get a life.

Koosh-Greta sounds like a great dog. I lost both my dogs a couple years ago within 4 months of each other. It was devastating. What helped me was remembering the good times and getting new dogs. The new dogs don't replace the old ones, they just help the healing. Our humane society has pet loss support groups. If you have one near you, you should go and talk to others going through the same thing. Best of luck to you. Thanks for checking in today.

revised for Samson ----

Glad to see it got to you. You deserved it. Now beat it.

Last edited:

As soon as I get a chance I am going to bash you something fierce. Just wait right there! ;)

Don't exert the energy.. This is Samsons profession of love for Delilah! Ha! Ha! I've got some advice for Delilah. Get some scissors and don't spare a lock. - Jeremiah

What's next? Back to the OP....

Sunlight is a wonderful source of vitamin D for depression, Kooshda. When the sun is shining it is a good habit to go out there and take a nice walk. The weather now is especially nice. We've had a long hard winter and that has depleted alot of our energy too. A long winter can bring on a depression as well.

As soon as I get a chance I am going to bash you something fierce. Just wait right there! ;)

I'll probably survive.

Whether or not the rest of you will survive if poor Koosh takes her issues to a professional who can actually help her, might be another story.

Last edited:
revised for Samson ----

Glad to see it got to you. You deserved it. Now beat it.

What "got to me?"

You have an incredibly inflated image of your own ability to influence others.

I imagine this is why your circling the thread like a vulture.

The only vulture on this thread is you, Samson. The rest of your comment won't get a response. I don't do vindication. :eusa_angel:

Koosh-Greta sounds like a great dog. I lost both my dogs a couple years ago within 4 months of each other. It was devastating. What helped me was remembering the good times and getting new dogs. The new dogs don't replace the old ones, they just help the healing. Our humane society has pet loss support groups. If you have one near you, you should go and talk to others going through the same thing. Best of luck to you. Thanks for checking in today.

I've never heard of a pet support group before. What a wonderful idea.

So you are only trying to manipulate her.

:popcorn:

No, I am trying to manipulate you. She is only an innocent bystander. How does that make you feel?

Great!

:eusa_clap:

Thanks! For caring!

Why do you believe she mentioned Gracie in the OP? That seemed a bit random.

I think your obsession with Gracie is a bit random. Don't you? How many times are you going to ask about Gracie and what business is it of yours what goes on with Gracie? Is there some kind of connection here we are missing? Does one of your friends have it in for Gracie or what? You come over here and harrass Kooshda over a mention of Gracies name? Just who are you trying to impress with your white knight routine, Samson? Do you have any idea how this makes you look? Or don't you care?

If this is what your friends require of you? Find some new ones!!!

- Jeri

I'm not playing anyone. I'm not going to repeat my origial post, it says it all. Read it again. There is truth there, along with anger and a dose of sarcasm.

As for getting rid of the gun, that's ridiculous. Shall I get rid of my car and garage, also? Actually, just the car, I read that you shouldn't do it in the garage as you might also kill anyone living in the house. So you get a hose, attach it to the exhaust and then route it into the car. I did go back and feel the exhaust pipe to see what type of hose I'd need. Should I get rid of my car?

I don't think I'll kill myself. I do, in fact, have several living creatures who depend on me. Their lives would be greatly diminished if they had to depend on my husband for their care. He seems to care only for himself. Especially my doberman, Hannah. She is Greta's half-sister and has tried to fill Greta's place in my life, although no one can fill Greta's place.

Only four months since Greta died? That is nothing. It is 134 days today since she died. I have cried every day.

It's been getting worse, lately, not better and I realized it's because it's spring. Bright sunny days, everything turning green. And I realize how much Greta would have loved this. How she loved the spring and summer, running outside on the grass...eating the grass! Basking in the sun. Greta lived life with gusto, she reveled in every little thing. The passing of winter into spring was not a little thing to Greta, it was nothing short of joyous. So as we enter this season, I miss her even more than before.

She was not "just a dog." She was not a pet. She was my best friend.

She was brilliant and beautiful and so full of life. Do you want to see her eyes? Look at these eyes..you can see the old soul there. Older and wiser than most people I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UXJTOxWFXI&feature=youtu.be

So sorry about the loss of your best friend.

:smiliehug:

No, I am trying to manipulate you. She is only an innocent bystander. How does that make you feel?

Great!

:eusa_clap:

Thanks! For caring!

Why do you believe she mentioned Gracie in the OP? That seemed a bit random.

I think your obsession with Gracie is a bit random. Don't you? How many times are you going to ask about Gracie and what business is it of yours what goes on with Gracie? Is there some kind of connection here we are missing? Does one of your friends have it in for Gracie or what? You come over here and harrass Kooshda over a mention of Gracies name? Just who are you trying to impress with your white knight routine, Samson? Do you have any idea how this makes you look? Or don't you care?

If this is what your friends require of you? Find some new ones!!!

- Jeri

Hey, try to unwad you panties for a moment, the only one who seems harrassed is you

Gracie was mentioned in the OP.

On a message board it is not unusual for the posts within thread to refer to the OP. Its called "topicality." You should try it.

You don't have what it takes to harrass me, Samson. I'm not in the least impressed by you. You're a small package. Get over Gracie and get a life. You're way past redeeming yourself on this thread. Tomorrow is another day. Better luck then. - J.

I'm embarassed to talk about myself anymore...maybe someone who is depressed or grieving or fearful will read this and realize they're not alone.

Before you leave, could you explain why you mentioned Gracie in the OP?

Certainly, no problem. I mentioned Gracie because she posted a thread in which she talked about some hard times she was having. People proceeed to be rather brutal. The point I think I wanted to make when I originally posted this thread, is you have no idea how bad people are hurting, or how close to the edge they are. When they post about struggles or problems they're having, it's probably best to try and give them some helpful advice or words of comfort, or shut the fuck up.

Because you don't know where someone's head is...harsh words may be all it takes to push them over the edge.

That's why I referenced Gracie. And everything I said was true. I have been struggling and thought to come here for comfort...but then I saw Gracie's thread and how she was treated...that's why my initial post was bitter and angry...and sarcastic.

I don't know why some people talk to Gracie that way. She and I have had differences of opinion and seem able to move past them without tearing each other to shreds. But if Gracie is attacked, I have seen that she will fight back. And I don't blame her, I'd do the same thing.

Well, I already have four other dogs. They help some, but actually when I do things with them, take them on walks and outings it makes me cry. Because I think about how much Greta would have loved it.

I had thought about getting a doberman puppy a few weeks after Greta died. But then I realized I was thinking it would be Greta reborn. So I backed off from the idea for now. Besides, my work situation doesn't really accomodate raising a puppy right now. :(

It's been mighty worrisome to see some people being treated like this when they are either fighting a serious illness, a serious depression, medical problem. Where does the conscience go when people get feeling down? To attack someone when they are down has got to be about the most lowlife thing anyone can do and I have no idea why anyone would think it's alright. It isn't.

Forum List

Back