Wow, I guess I shouldn't...

It's been mighty worrisome to see some people being treated like this when they are either fighting a serious illness, a serious depression, medical problem. Where does the conscience go when people get feeling down? To attack someone when they are down has got to be about the most lowlife thing anyone can do and I have no idea why anyone would think it's alright. It isn't.

Agree.

People can become extremely depressed over the loss of a pet. I have no doubt that Koosha is grieving.

Bit of a difference between grieving and being suicidal.

:eusa_hand:

Frankly, it comes as no surprise you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Bit of a difference between grieving and being suicidal? But don't you see that the two might often go hand in hand?

No, I don't.

Pets and people die. Its a relatively common occurance during the course of human history.

The living do not "often" express their grief with suicide. When they do, particularly months afterward, it is abnormal.

Get Help.

You're not the least bit suicidal but you posted you were based on your grief over your dogs passing. So now anything you post is suspect. I'm not patient enough or kind enough to try to figure out the truth

Ummm...I didn't say I "was suicidal." I said I held a gun to my head to see what it felt like. Yes it was in a holster, and no I didn't put my finger on the trigger. But I think it's a little scary to be pointing a large revolver at your head and wondering what it would be like to shoot yourself. The state I was in when I did it is probably the scariest thing. Kind of quiet and weird. Not myself.

I also researched ways to kill yourself and that's how I knew you don't just sit in the garage with the car running, you connect a hose to the exhaust and run it into the car.

Now, I wouldn't say that I'm suicidal, necessarily, but I am a little concerned about these things.

When they ask that question..."Do you have thoughts of suicide?" I would definitely have to answer "yes." And this is kind of a first for me, I'm been through some pretty bad shit and never thought about suicide, not even briefly.

I never meant to imply that I held a loaded gun to my head, cocked it and was starting to squeeze the trigger but came to my senses. My post was the complete truth. I've grown up around guns all my life, and holstered or not, you don't point them at your head. I am honestly concerned that I did something like that.

I think sometimes people commit suicide on an impulse, and that is why this is concerning. It's kind of like rehearsing. Like I said, I don't think I would commit suicide because I'm too big of a chicken, but who knows? Do normal people act like I've been acting lately?

You should be concerned about these things. Look up suicidal ideation. It is a big red flag for any Dr. You really need to get some help. More than what we can give you in here. Best of luck to you. Take care of yourself.

You don't have what it takes to harrass me, Samson. I'm not in the least impressed by you. You're a small package. Get over Gracie and get a life. You're way past redeeming yourself on this thread. Tomorrow is another day. Better luck then. - J.

"Redeeming" myself?

For what?

Stick with the "holier-than-thou" attitude: It comes most naturally to you.

Dear Samson,

I am not the person on this thread that judged and condemned the motives of the OP before she even had an opportunity to respond. You are.

Holier than thou doesn't work for you, Doll. Try a little humility. Own your own mistakes. I've got enough of my own to tend to without wearing yours too. Enough's enough. Grow up.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

You don't have what it takes to harrass me, Samson. I'm not in the least impressed by you. You're a small package. Get over Gracie and get a life. You're way past redeeming yourself on this thread. Tomorrow is another day. Better luck then. - J.

"Redeeming" myself?

For what?

Stick with the "holier-than-thou" attitude: It comes most naturally to you.

Dear Samson,

I am not the person on this thread that judged and condemned the motives of the OP before she even had an opportunity to respond. You are.

Holier than thou doesn't work for you, Doll. Try a little humility. Own your own mistakes. I've got enough of my own to tend to without wearing yours too. Enough's enough. Grow up.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Dispensing more sage advice from on-high.

The day's gotten off to a good start for Jerry.

Bit of a difference between grieving and being suicidal? But don't you see that the two might often go hand in hand?

No, I don't.

Pets and people die. Its a relatively common occurance during the course of human history.

The living do not "often" express their grief with suicide. When they do, particularly months afterward, it is abnormal.

Get Help.

Wrong. I looked up "suicidal ideation" on Wolfsister's advice, and look at this statement I found:

The most common situations or life events that might cause suicidal thoughts are grief, sexual abuse, financial problems, remorse, rejection, relationship breakup and unemployment.

Notice the first item on the list? GRIEF? Where I think you're having a problem is that you can't imagine someone still grieving so strong for A DOG when it's approaching five months after her death.

Well, if you had known her you might understand.

I'm not saying that every time a person's dog dies they think about suicide. I have three dogs whose deaths would not have this profound of an affect on me. Not at all.

She was special. More special than most people I know. How many people do you know that are brilliant, brave, loyal, playful and full of joy? Oh, and YOU happen to be the center of their universe? See, that's what I lost.

Sometimes I think about it like this. I wonder how a blind man feels when the seeing eye dog he's had for several years dies? I think that's how I'm feeling.

And my suicidal thoughts were fleeting, not like someone who starts thinking about it all the time, planning it, etc.

What I'm more concerned about is this...I have panic disorder, meaning I am prone to panic attacks in certain circumstances. This past week I felt like I was losing it, that I was falling apart, that I was going to end up stuck in my house, unable to function, unable to work...like an agoraphobic. And then, of course, I'd lose my house, lose everything, because I'm the one who holds our home together, not my husband. If I fall apart, we lose everything.

Actually, I am agoraphobic, I've just had it under good control...this past week something seemed to be going wrong.

If Greta was here she wouldn't let me get like that. She gave me a reason to hold it together, she gave life meaning, just the joy of having her around gave me a reason to hold it all together. Now, I have to make reasons.

Last edited:
No ordinary being, this one. It was almost like living with a mythical creature, being with her.

Last edited:

No, I don't.

Get Help.

Wrong. I looked up "suicidal ideation" on Wolfsister's advice, and look at this statement I found:

The most common situations or life events that might cause suicidal thoughts are grief, sexual abuse, financial problems, remorse, rejection, relationship breakup and unemployment.

Notice the first item on the list? GRIEF? Where I think you're having a problem is that you can't imagine someone still grieving so strong for A DOG when it's approaching five months after her death.

This is the problem with taking advice on a message board: You found a statement that seems to justify your behaviour, and now you want to dispute wether or not it is normal. Additionally, you really aren't seeking help, you are seeking attention: The goal of the OP omission that the gun was holstered; the baiting of individuals who responded to Gracie's thread; finally posting the picture of your pet. There's nothing wrong with this, but I'm sure it will disappoint some who were counting on being heroic.

Good Luck.

<<<unsubscribed>>>

Last edited:
If you want to do something self-destructive or something along those lines just to see what it feels like (to point a gun at yourself), then you do need help.

You seem to have reached out, so it would appear that you recognize that the thinking is dangerous.

Best advice therefore is: do not seek help from anonymous members of an internet political message board.

Seek real professional help and don't dawdle.

To Samson - you wrote ----

We need a few details to be cruel.

Perhaps you could let us know something about your weight?

Biggest Fear?

Penis Size?

No. I wasn't impressed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He really meant size of
octopi. :D

No, I don't.

Get Help.

Well, if you had known her you might understand.

I'm not saying that every time a person's dog dies they think about suicide. I have three dogs whose deaths would not have this profound of an affect on me. Not at all.

She was special. More special than most people I know. How many people do you know that are brilliant, brave, loyal, playful and full of joy? Oh, and YOU happen to be the center of their universe? See, that's what I lost.

Sometimes I think about it like this. I wonder how a blind man feels when the seeing eye dog he's had for several years dies? I think that's how I'm feeling.

And my suicidal thoughts were fleeting, not like someone who starts thinking about it all the time, planning it, etc.

What I'm more concerned about is this...I have panic disorder, meaning I am prone to panic attacks in certain circumstances. This past week I felt like I was losing it, that I was falling apart, that I was going to end up stuck in my house, unable to function, unable to work...like an agoraphobic. And then, of course, I'd lose my house, lose everything, because I'm the one who holds our home together, not my husband. If I fall apart, we lose everything.

Actually, I am agoraphobic, I've just had it under good control...this past week something seemed to be going wrong.

If Greta was here she wouldn't let me get like that. She gave me a reason to hold it together, she gave life meaning, just the joy of having her around gave me a reason to hold it all together. Now, I have to make reasons.

Having lost a dog that can never be replaced, I know what you are going through. Another dog might help. I know that dog will never take the place of the one you lost, but it might find a place in part of your heart that will grow over time and make it so you don't think about your other dog quite so much.

Could it be that your grief is about more than just the dog?

I think you might be grieving over other things as well and all those things are overwhelming you.

Get counseling. It can't hurt.

I think you might be grieving over other things as well and all those things are overwhelming you.

Well, that's kind of right...there have been a lot of changes, and not for the better in my life the last couple of years. However, when I had Greta with me, I could handle all those losses and negative changes. They were minor compared to losing her. Now, without her, just getting through the day is hard.

Counseling costs money. I have insurance, but the deductible is $4000.

I may have no choice, though. Had a bad night tonight. No suicidal thoughts...worse than that. Panic and anxiety...it's horrible. But I've read that this can be part of grief. It comforts me to know that what I'm going through may be normal. It calms me.

No, I don't.

Get Help.

The best I can say for someone who posts so callously about death is that you probably have not experienced the loss of someone you love very much.

Well, that's kind of right...there have been a lot of changes, and not for the better in my life the last couple of years. However, when I had Greta with me, I could handle all those losses and negative changes. They were minor compared to losing her. Now, without her, just getting through the day is hard.

Counseling costs money. I have insurance, but the deductible is $4000.

I may have no choice, though. Had a bad night tonight. No suicidal thoughts...worse than that. Panic and anxiety...it's horrible. But I've read that this can be part of grief. It comforts me to know that what I'm going through may be normal. It calms me.

If you are affiliated with a church, you can get counseling with your minister at no cost. Or, if you don't have a church, you might find one in your area where the minister will counsel you anyway. Ministers are trained to counsel people in trouble. I'm not religious myself, but I know this is done and that it's really no different than a therapist in that if you find the right person, it is helpful. There are also pet support groups in many cities, and there is the pet support online site I told you about.

No, I don't.

Get Help.

The best I can say for someone who posts so callously about death is that you probably have not experienced the loss of someone you love very much.

I agree. Sounds like he hasn't. And all losses are not equal.

Forum List

Back