WOW!! Record 95 million not in work force!!

Federal interest rate increases will cause inflation, the car industry already has layoffs scheduled, retail stocks are taking a beating due to flat sales. Face it, Obama has set the stage for a bad economy.

Well we are going to find out how rigged the oligarch's have this economy. Continuing lower interest rates only makes the eventual nuclear bomb that much more catastrophic. Progressives done understand how this works. Sooner or later, massive inflation MUST come and they most definitely will be tied to FED interest rate hikes........even small ones.

Anybody can stop paying their mortgage at any time and these days, be just fine for 5....7 or more years. But eventually, the sheriff is coming to throw your ass out!!:2up:

Boomers.

There will be even more retiring...

Unbeknown to us, I think that this is probably why congress critters have allowed all the immigrants in, both legal and illegal.....to help fill this gap of workers they could see coming....

The Trump presidency is guaranteed to increase this number to more than 100 million before he leaves office.

These leftists are lying through their pearly whites, attempting to make excuses for the Obowelmovement participation rate.

Look at what the Government says; that is correct, the leftist government, proving that these leftists have no idea what they are talking about, and are just creating a phony talking point!

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acsbr11-09.pdf

My 66 year old neighbor is going to start looking for a job on January 21st. True story.

I believe it, and that is very sad indeed. Although, he may be doing it because after he can collect benefits from S.S. at full retirement age, he pays no penalty no matter how much he makes.

In either case.......I wish him the best. Just think, if he gets a job, maybe we should ask the leftists on here that if he can do it, why can't some of them, lol!

Federal interest rate increases will cause inflation, the car industry already has layoffs scheduled, retail stocks are taking a beating due to flat sales. Face it, Obama has set the stage for a bad economy.

Well we are going to find out how rigged the oligarch's have this economy. Continuing lower interest rates only makes the eventual nuclear bomb that much more catastrophic. Progressives done understand how this works. Sooner or later, massive inflation MUST come and they most definitely will be tied to FED interest rate hikes........even small ones.

Anybody can stop paying their mortgage at any time and these days, be just fine for 5....7 or more years. But eventually, the sheriff is coming to throw your ass out!!:2up:

Boomers.

Unbeknown to us, I think that this is probably why congress critters have allowed all the immigrants in, both legal and illegal.....to help fill this gap of workers they could see coming....

The Trump presidency is guaranteed to increase this number to more than 100 million before he leaves office.

These leftists are lying through their pearly whites, attempting to make excuses for the Obowelmovement participation rate.

Look at what the Government says; that is correct, the leftist government, proving that these leftists have no idea what they are talking about, and are just creating a phony talking point!

My 66 year old neighbor is going to start looking for a job on January 21st. True story.

I believe it, and that is very sad indeed. Although, he may be doing it because after he can collect benefits from S.S. at full retirement age, he pays no penalty no matter how much he makes.

In either case.......I wish him the best. Just think, if he gets a job, maybe we should ask the leftists on here that if he can do it, why can't some of them, lol!

Of course you believe it. You are a dupe.

I think low interest rates help us overall. How much foreign debt does the US hold? Interest has to be paid on foreign debt and a low Fed rate means we pay them a low interest rate. I predict deflation rather than inflation is on the horizon.
deflation is much worse for the overall economy than inflation, is what i had recently read...

When I read that, i said to myself, WHAT???

The article went in to say that with a steady inflation, it keeps the economy going because people buy today, what they need or want, with fear that tomorrow, it will be higher in price...

But with a steady deflation, people hold off on buying 'today' because tomorrow, may bring a lower price...

Would you buy a home today, knowing tomorrow or in a couple of months, the home will be worth less than what you paid?

so, this article said, inflation, as long as it is moderate, is actually what keeps the economy going north vs south.
I did projects with a Japanese company in the US and they were under deflation more than once. I look at it differently, my sizeable IRA will buy more stuff in a deflationary economy.

I feel the same way...and it would help us older ones or more established ones with savings already...make it seem like we are richer...but it said that will not help the Nation overall....selling less, then leads to job losses and a number of other bad things....

It seems like they were saying the economy is like Ponzi scheme, as long as more people are being brought in to it, it can keep afloat and increase year after year....

The years when we claim America was Great,

was great because of the Baby boomers and the baby boomer's children, were major increases in the population....an increase of people in the game, more people to make things and sell things to.

In a country with a growing population, especially one that is growing in elderly demographics, wouldn't we expect a record number of people not in the workforce every year?

I guess I'm missing the cause for alarmist headline here.

Since Obama took office........and increase of...........ready for this............18%:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::disbelief:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/

Look at the graph and see the Obama years compared to all other years going back to 1975!!!:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Holy fuck.........this is what happens when you get a progressive running things for 8 years.......a perfect intersection of the incapable and the incompetent.:eusa_dance:

15 more days s0ns............anybody else feeling that Chris Matthews tingle yet?:funnyface:
Increasing the circulation of capital is what unemployment compensation will do; some on the left call it, "qualitative easing" instead of quantitative easing, since the goal post movement is to effect, a higher Standard of living.

In a country with a growing population, especially one that is growing in elderly demographics, wouldn't we expect a record number of people not in the workforce every year?

I guess I'm missing the cause for alarmist headline here.

Well......the is none.

This nation needs young immigrant families to come here in good numbers. People in their 20's to 40's ( prime earning years ) with kids already past the infant stage ( costliest stage ) to fill the job vacancies that exist and will continue to exist.

This fact remains in spite of the fears of nutbags. At some point, they will come to grips with it and support comprehensive immigration reform.

Boomers.

My sister is 61 years old and studying for her Master's Degree. I am 65 years old and never attended one day of college but retired with a small fortune five years ago. I never belonged to any Union or accepted one penny of government assistance even when I was homeless.

Last edited:
I don't know HOW you can even say that with a straight face...?

The economy was in the worst shape of our lifetimes....the GREAT recession, the Wall Street crash AND home bubble busting... What Obama inherited was the worst recession since the GREAT Depression....

What Obama left you with can not even come close to the dire straits we were left by President Bush.... every measure of the economy under Obama IMPROVED.

Boomers.

My sister is 61 years old and studying for her Master's Degree. I am 65 years old and never attended one day of college but retired with a small fortune five years ago. I never belonged to any Union or accepted one penny of government assistance even when I was homeless.
How, one percent, of you.

Boomers.

I am not even close to the one percent and in fact don't like filthy rich people. I am nearing the end of my life and have to spend my meager sum on something because I can't take it with me. I am seriously considering buying the new Dodge Viper, top speed 202 MPH and under one hundred k to augment my new full size Ford pickup. I still have 300k to go with mad money and I don't want to buy a yacht.

Boomers.

I am not even close to the one percent and in fact don't like filthy rich people. I am nearing the end of my life and have to spend my meager sum on something because I can't take it with me. I am seriously considering buying the new Dodge Viper, top speed 202 MPH and under one hundred k to augment my new full size Ford pickup. I still have 300k to go with mad money and I don't want to buy a yacht.
have you considered traveling in a motorhome? if you are willing to invest in a class a license, it could be a comfortable experience.

have you considered traveling in a motorhome? if you are willing to invest in a class a license, it could be a comfortable experience.

I gave a motor home serious thought for one second. I have been to every state in the US and most in Mexico and more than a few providences overseas. I retired one mile as the crow flies from where I grew up and want to stay put from now on. This is what I want to do, what do you want to do?

Really?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/06/u...ved-us-from-a-productivity-slowdown.html?_r=0
Basically, under a conservative estimate, as outlined by Professor Syverson, the productivity slowdown has led to a cumulative loss of $2.7 trillion in gross domestic product since the end of 2004

Vetr.com | Crowdsourced Stock Ratings
Anxiety Weighs on U.S. Corporate Earnings
US jobs report: economy created fewer jobs than expected – business live

The U.S. Dollar is Killing the S&P 500

HSBC profits are down 46%
Buck up, profits down: High dollar dents US company earnings
9 companies' profit is down, down, down, down
US Airline Profits Down $4.6Bln in First 2016 Quarter
Apple's annual profits fall for first time in 15 years as iPhone sales decline

Office Depot Is Closing 300 More Stores
Sears closing 150 stores and selling Craftsman tool brand
Kohl’s to Close 18 Stores This Year; Sears to Shutter at Least 50
Macy's To Close Stores, Cut Jobs Amid Weak Holiday Sales
List of the 154 U.S. stores Walmart is closing
10 retailers closing the most stores
12 Major Retailers Closing Stores Like Crazy
McDonald’s is closing hundreds of stores this year | Fortune.com
http://www.clark.com/major-retailers-closing-stores

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/0...-still-mired-in-slowdown-industry-group-says/
https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/04/medium-lays-off-50-employees-shuts-down-new-york-and-d-c-offices/
http://time.com/money/3678511/ebay-amex-baker-hughes-layoffs/

Want anything else?

The president doesn't hire the masses for jobs that private companies have moved out of the nation..
But he sets policies/regulations that make it harder on companies which results in such.
Did you know that Obamacare taxes raised $2.3 trillion, that is 2,300,000,000,000 dollars in govt rather than in the pockets of Americans , according to Dem Senator Joe Manchin

Hmmmmm. Why don't I believe that number.

And...what regulation would you like to end first to make life easier for companies in America?

Did you know that companies in America have never been more profitable or mire productive? Huh? Didja?

Last edited:
The president doesn't hire the masses for jobs that private companies have moved out of the nation..
But he sets policies/regulations that make it harder on companies which results in such.
Did you know that Obamacare taxes raised $2.3 trillion, that is 2,300,000,000,000 dollars in govt rather than in the pockets of Americans , according to Dem Senator Joe Manchin
Congress also sets policy and tax reform..It's not just a one man government...

I gave a motor home serious thought for one second. I have been to every state in the US and most in Mexico and more than a few providences overseas. I retired one mile as the crow flies from where I grew up and want to stay put from now on. This is what I want to do, what do you want to do?
i still have miles to go before i "fully retire". i am considering leasing vehicles. I don't mind traveling, if it is easy and convenient. Depends; right now, i need a good reason and decent petty cash fund for that purpose, to do anything more than market research.

Actually, Obama has used his pen to go around Congress.

And that has stopped Congress from functioning how?

i still have miles to go before i "fully retire". i am considering leasing vehicles. I don't mind traveling, if it is easy and convenient. Depends; right now, i need a good reason and decent petty cash fund for that purpose, to do anything more than market research.

I have never seen a total solar eclipse but have seen partial solar eclipses. Later this year and I think in August the umbra passes over Cleveland, Tennessee which is on I-75 that I am accustomed driving on. The first agenda on my bucket list is see the totality.

I have never seen a total solar eclipse but have seen partial solar eclipses. Later this year and I think in August the umbra passes over Cleveland, Tennessee which is on I-75 that I am accustomed driving on. The first agenda on my bucket list is see the totality.
Why have you never seen one in your lifetime?

It hasn't, but they can't change his eo's unless they have a two-thirds super majority.
And that has stopped Congress from functioning how?

Forum List

Back