WWII Memorial Prayer Inscription OK'd Despite ACLU (Exempt Landrieu approves!)

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
The World War II Memorial in Washington may soon have a new prayer inscription added, disappointing secularists and rights groups who had opposed the measure based on opposition to religion displayed in public spaces. President Barack Obama signed a law Monday calling for the fountain memorial to display the text of a national prayer given by Franklin D. Roosevelt during the D-Day invasion of Europe in 1944, which unleashed fierce fighting and eventually led to the end of the war. "With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the...

WWII Memorial Prayer Inscription OK'd Despite ACLU | Military.com

world-war-ii-memorial-ts300.jpg

Im an atheist republican and I have no problem with that memorial.

Im an atheist republican and I have no problem with that memorial.

I hope other atheists can survive with this; I knew a very "conservative"* atheist, who made "exceptions" for abortion, government benefits received by her faimly, (a huge amount, they fought eminent domain for a few feet to woiden the road, which enhanced access to their business, got 1/4 million) and government loans. An odd couple, very anti-government, except for themselves.

They were angry about providing handicapped access to their business, yet demanded every government service they could think of, and wanted them without charge.

*Note, do not know if conservatives would claim them, one was a convicted felon, believed laws about drug distibution, in his case, opiates, were too harsh.

"With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil."

Forum List

Back