Wyoming Rancher 1 - EPA 0

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
They Wyoming rancher that took on the EPA over a stock pond on his property has prevailed over the EPA. Thank you Andy Johnson for standing firm against federal overreach, it helps us all.

A Wyoming man threatened with $16 million in fines over the building of a stock pond reached a settlement with the Environment Protection Agency, allowing him to keep the pond without a federal permit or hefty fine.

Wyoming Rancher Facing $16M in Fines Beats EPA in Battle over Stock Pond

I lost track of what happened here. Glad it had a happy ending.
Can you imagine if the government were in charge of ranching and farming.

Yep, when the EPA found they had someone who wouldn't be bullied and they had a loser on their hands, they quietly found a way out to try to save face. I hope the MSM picks this up and rips the EPA a new one.

Yep, when the EPA found they had someone who wouldn't be bullied and they had a loser on their hands, they quietly found a way out to try to save face. I hope the MSM picks this up and rips the EPA a new one.
I remember once LaVell Edwards the famous byu coach said." I would rather lose in Provo, than win in Larmie."
You don't think that didn''t light a fuse between BYU and Wyoming.

Idaho has a right to farm law.
You can't just move out into the country and inflict your views on others just cause you don't like the smell when they were out there first.

Oh good to see Wyoming in the news for something. Not the most exciting story... but hey, good for them. :thup:

I guess it wouldn't be exciting to a regressive stateist like yourself, it is for us that value liberty and property rights.

I remember once LaVell Edwards the famous byu coach said." I would rather lose in Provo, than win in Larmie."
You don't think that didn''t light a fuse between BYU and Wyoming.

Idaho has a right to farm law.
You can't just move out into the country and inflict your views on others just cause you don't like the smell when they were out there first.

On your first point, I could care less about college sports of any kind. On the second one, good on Idaho, some muslims bought some land here in TX next to a pig farm and then tried to shut the farm down, didn't work.

This was fucked up

But 99% of the time you hear about the EPA bitching it's for a good reason.

I like clean air and drinkable water

This was fucked up

The dear leader changed all that, now the EPA is all about ideology and control of private property. All States have their own environmental boards, the EPA should be abolished.

This was fucked up

The dear leader changed all that, now the EPA is all about ideology and control of private property. All States have their own environmental boards, the EPA should be abolished.

Well I think the distinction you mean here is the EPA is being too granular. Messing with a rancher over what is basically a retention pond for his cattle is absurd.

But state agencies don't have the ability to fight big oil or commercial agriculture.

We need the EPA. Wyoming is not equipped to battle Halliburton about anything.

This was fucked up

Well I think the distinction you mean here is the EPA is being too granular. Messing with a rancher over what is basically a retention pond for his cattle is absurd.

But state agencies don't have the ability to fight big oil or commercial agriculture.

Sure they are, TX does it all the time.

This was fucked up

Texas has 25 million people, one of the largest states in the union. The only thing more absurd you could have said to me was NY or Cali

Wyoming has 500,000 people. There is a reason I chose Wyoming as the example...

This was fucked up

Texas has 25 million people, one of the largest states in the union. The only thing more absurd you could have said to me was NY or Cali

And TX has the largest presence of oil and gas related manufacturing and processing plants along with exploration. The two are comparable related to populations, manufacturing, exploration and agriculture presence.

And TX has the largest presence of oil and gas related manufacturing and processing plants along with exploration. The two are comparable related to populations, manufacturing, exploration and agriculture presence.

Are you fucking retarded?

How teh fuck is some pissant agency in Wyoming going to stand up to a team of haliburton lawyers?

Do you have any idea how easy it would be to pick candidates in the wyoming state legislature?

Talking about totally non sequitur bullshit

Shut the fuck up pinky

"they would spend an exactly proportional amount even though per dollar the effect is much greater in wyoming"

No

Oh, I get it now, you're one of those anti-constitutional regressive stateist that starts the personal name calling when you're proven WRONG. You'll fit right in with the other regressives around here.

How teh fuck is some pissant agency in Wyoming going to stand up to a team of haliburton lawyers?

Do you have any idea how easy it would be to pick candidates in the wyoming state legislature?

Shut the fuck up pinky

"they would spend an exactly proportional amount even though per dollar the effect is much greater in wyoming"

No
What isnwith you dweebs that you just can't imagine anyone standing up for.something, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds? Don't fly your pussy flag so vigorously. We all get that you would never in a million years stand for.something because its the right thing to do. But there are other people who will...and do, everybday. You laugh at them and call them names because you're a soulless little dweeb with no honor or integrity.

Shut the fuck up pinky

No
What isnwith you dweebs that you just can't imagine anyone standing up for.something, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds? Don't fly your pussy flag so vigorously. We all get that you would never in a million years stand for.something because its the right thing to do. But there are other people who will...and do, everybday. You laugh at them and call them names because you're a soulless little dweeb with no honor or integrity.

He even uses Haliburton, one of the most environmentally conscious companies I ever seen as an example of a bad company. Hell, they require their drivers to place drip pans under their trucks when they're stopped in case they have an oil leak.

This was fucked up

Wyoming has Gerry Spence, one of the finest attorneys this country has ever produced. He would wipe the floor with Halliburton.

Forum List

Back