Yeah…more gun control in Europe..that's the ticket…since the illegal guns were obtained illegally...

Yeah, more stupidity from the Europeans…….their gun control laws didn't work…..so they want "super dooper" gun control laws that will also be useless….the guns used were illegal to own, the people who obtained them illegally were prohibited by law to own them and they were used illegally to murder people……illegally…..

gun grabbers never learn…

Europe’s Reaction To Gun Control’s Failure To Stop Paris Attack? More Gun Control
Europe's gun crimes are a fraction of those in the US.
Gun Grabbers is kinda cute, but no one wants to take your guns, just to do background checks. Why does that bother you?

Background checks...you guys keep saying those words but each time you don't explain why you want them....you mumble something about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and we show you they don't do that...and you keep mumbling..."Background checks....background checks...."

Background checks do not stop criminals from getting guns....background checks do not stop terrorists from getting guns....background checks do not stop mass shooters....

They all get their guns either by stealing them, or by getting them from someone who can pass a background check who then sells or gives them the gun....thereby making background checks pointless.....

Why do you keep pushing something that doesn't do what you claim you want done.....?

Can you explain that...just once....?

What matter most for these gun nuts is to sell more guns= more gun deaths.
More proof that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
I argue from gun deaths, of which there are far too many. And there is nothing irrational about banning what is deadly and in most cases, unnecessary.

Tell the victims who used guns to stop rape, robbery and murder that the gun was unnecessary.....
I will, after you tell all the innocents and suicides who died by them...

I will...considering suicide by car is the same number of people as suicide by gun...and the favorite method of suicide is rope....

And again, Japan, South Korea and China all have absolute gun control...and 2x the suicide rate we have.....and poland, Russia and Hungary all have extreme gun control and higher rates of suicide than we have....

Showing that guns are not the issue in suicide......

Yeah, more stupidity from the Europeans…….their gun control laws didn't work…..so they want "super dooper" gun control laws that will also be useless….the guns used were illegal to own, the people who obtained them illegally were prohibited by law to own them and they were used illegally to murder people……illegally…..

Europe’s Reaction To Gun Control’s Failure To Stop Paris Attack? More Gun Control
Gun control = no guns. There is nothing else that matters.

You do know you are completely wrong on this ...right? Americans own and carry more guns now than ever before....let me repeat...more Americans have bought guns, own guns and now carry guns than ever before.....

And our gun murder rate keeps going down....not up.....

you are wrong on that and I know when you are saying it you think you are pretty smart....but saying something that is wrong does not make you smart...it makes you uninformed....try to do some research before you post...

I did my research about gun violence here and abroad. Bottom line is there is so much guns easily accessible to all American people here in this country. And you want to flood this country with more guns. Research say more guns doesn't make me safer.
What do you want me to do? Go buy guns and armed myself? While watching tv, eating dinner, in my boat, car, sporting events, malls, concert walking carrying my gun with me? I will never do that. I or my neighbors never close our gates in Key Biscayne and my back yard with my boat is wide open. I only close my gate in Palm Springs because coyotes will eat my dog. And we do not lock our doors either because we are not afraid and we feel safe.

And guns are not easily accessible in Europe...for law abiding citizens, but guns are easily available to criminals and terrorists there...they get them easily......

gun control works like a charm in Europe...not one citizen had a gun in that concert hall...the terrorists...they used the favorite weapon of European criminals..the fully automatic rifle......

gun control works like a charm in Europe...not one citizen had a gun in that concert hall...the terrorists...they used the favorite weapon of European criminals..the fully automatic rifle......

Yeah, the US awash with CCW really worked in Sandy Hook, Viriginia Tech, Aurora, Columbine....I could go on...

Yeah, the US awash with CCW really worked in Sandy Hook, Viriginia Tech, Aurora, Columbine....I could go on...

You realize that Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Aurora, and Columbine were all gun free zones by law...right....law abiding people were legally barred from carrying guns there......right? Do you know that?

Also,, Sandy hook...the kid went to Sandy Hook but also the middle school and the high school...Sandy Hook was the only school of the three that did not have an armed resource officer..the other two did, and the killer researched the schools for at least a year before the shooting...

Aurora...from the killers notes in his notebook....he wanted to attack an airport but stated in his notes that there would be too much armed security there...so he chose a theater with a gun free zone policy......

Columbine and Virginia Tech....gun free zones......

So you guys love to create gun free zones which prohibit people from carrying guns for self defense...and then you smugly assert after a mass shooter takes his guns into a gun free zone and murders people...see....concealed cariers didn't stop him.......

Please do your research....

And as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate has gone down, not up…..as their gun control has become more extreme their gun murder rate is going up….

Link please.

This is the FBI table 8 on homicide stats.....it shows that gun murder is going down.....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

And here is the FBI table 8……it is a great table because it goes back4 years to show the rates of decrease….

2014 table…..

From 2014…..and I added 2011……

2006 fbi table 8

Murder by firearm….

2006-- 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,124

And now, 13 million people carry guns for self defense...more than at any time before....

And more Americans now own guns.....and the gun murder rate is going down, not up...

Link please.

This is the FBI table 8 on homicide stats.....it shows that gun murder is going down.....

And here is the FBI table 8……it is a great table because it goes back4 years to show the rates of decrease….

2014 table…..

2006 fbi table 8

Murder by firearm….

2006-- 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,124

And now, 13 million people carry guns for self defense...more than at any time before....

And more Americans now own guns.....and the gun murder rate is going down, not up...

Maybe the rate is going down because there are a lot more gun-free zones? At the end of the day, a country awash with firearms is not a country I would live in or admire. There is no up side IMO..

Link please.

2014 table…..

2006 fbi table 8

Murder by firearm….

2006-- 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,124

Maybe the rate is going down because there are a lot more gun-free zones? At the end of the day, a country awash with firearms is not a country I would live in or admire. There is no up side IMO..

Well, the first upside is less violent crime....we have less violent crime than say gun banning Britain....and there is the little covered fact that gun crime is rising in all of the countries that banned guns...Australia, Britain...it isn't being covered and you have to look for it.....they are at the same point the U.S. was in in the 80s just as the drug wars were about to start.....their criminals are starting to use guns more and more and that doesn't even include the terrorists they are importing.....

Gun free zones...like Chicago, Baltimore, Washingtion D.C.......the cities with the strictest gun control...you know..those gun free zones you like...are the ones with the most violent gun crime.....

Well, the first upside is less violent crime....we have less violent crime than say gun banning Britain....and there is the little covered fact that gun crime is rising in all of the countries that banned guns...Australia, Britain...it isn't being covered and you have to look for it.....they are at the same point the U.S. was in in the 80s just as the drug wars were about to start.....their criminals are starting to use guns more and more and that doesn't even include the terrorists they are importing.....

Gun free zones...like Chicago, Baltimore, Washingtion D.C.......the cities with the strictest gun control...you know..those gun free zones you like...are the ones with the most violent gun crime.....

I live in Australia. Our gun crime is negligible at best.

And going up....read your news papers.....

How did the 15 year old immigrant get the hand gun he used to murder the police employee in a country with the strict gun laws that Australia has......and why do you still have mass shootings...?

Your gun ownership rates are back up to the same level as before the confiscation...and your gun crime is going up as well.....after the confiscation...you too are about the same place as the United States was back in the 80s....and then gun crime went up...it wasn't until we allowed people to actually carry guns, as is their right, that the gun crime rate went down...

New plan unveiled to tackle out-of-control gun violence

COMBATING gun crime in NSW remains the top priority of the state's police force, senior officers announced on Wednesday.

In the past 12 months, more than 9000 guns have been taken off NSW streets and 3352 people have been charged as part of ongoing investigations by Strike Force Raptor and Operations Apollo and Spartan.

Unveiling a new plan to tackle out-of-control gun violence in Sydney on Wednesday, NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said all three strike forces had been brought together to form Operation Talon.

"There is no single source of gun crime violence...guns have fallen into the hands of organised crime, outlaw motorcycle gangs, mid-level crime groups and petty thieves and the lines are often blurred," Mr Scipione said

"That's why it is so important to focus on all these aspects in a unified way...pulling our resources together under the one banner we have that opportunity."

Gun found every two days in Melbourne s red zone
Gun found every two days in Melbourne s red zone

Police are discovering guns in cars every two days in Melbourne's north-west, which has been dubbed the "red zone" by officers concerned about a growing gangster culture in the region.
The alarming figure, obtained from The Police Association, follows anecdotal and statistical evidence of a burgeoning gun culture among young men in the city's north-western fringe.
Police working in the large region, which includes Broadmeadows, Sunshine and Werribee, have reported:
Advertisement

• Firearm-related incidents, such as drive-by shootings, every six days.
  • An increasing trend of children as young as 16 carrying guns.
  • Regularly finding guns in cars, including sawn-off shotguns and an automatic machine gun, during routine car intercepts.
  • Guns stolen from rural homes being used in violent crime in the north-west. Some 530 guns were stolen in rural Victoria in 2013.
It comes as the Crime Statistics Agency released figures on Thursday showing an almost threefold jump in firearm offences in the north-west over the past five years, from 581 in the year to March 2011 to 1332 in the 12 months to April 2015.

A similar trend was reported statewide, with firearm offences rising more than 50 per cent to 13,626.

The figures follow recent high-profile shootings in which two men have been killed - one in Keysborough, the other in Altona Meadows - and significant gun seizures by police. In March, an automatic machine gun was found during a car intercept in Sunbury, and in February, an M16 assault rifle and Thureon machine gun were seized in raids on homes in the city's west.

And this doesn't count the two recent acts of terrorism that took place in Australia with illegal guns....

That's pretty much how wrong-wingers think (if you can call it “thinking”) here in America—they put forth policies that any sane, rational person, should be able to see will very obviously produce bad results, and when these policies are enacted, and produce the bad results everyone should have known they would produce, the remedy that they offer to these bad results is even more of the same bad policies that produced those results in the first place.

And gun control is probably the “model organism” of bad wrong-wing policies, that, along with their results, are treated in this manner.

Background checks...you guys keep saying those words but each time you don't explain why you want them....you mumble something about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and we show you they don't do that...and you keep mumbling..."Background checks....background checks...."

Background checks do not stop criminals from getting guns....background checks do not stop terrorists from getting guns....background checks do not stop mass shooters....

Only the most gullible and foolish actually believe that the intent behind these background checks, or any other gun control policies, is to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. It isn't criminals terrorists about whom those on the far-wrong are worried; it is upstanding, honest, Americans who have great reason to be concerned about what the wrong-wing is up to.

Those who most favor gun control are those who would give honest Americans the most just cause to use their arms.

How did the 15 year old immigrant get the hand gun he used to murder the police employee in a country with the strict gun laws that Australia has......and why do you still have mass shootings...?

What mass shootings? Dunno how he got the gun. Your own stats say there were 11,900+ gun deaths in the US. That is 1 death per 26,700 people. The rate in Australia in 2012 was 226, which is 1 death per 106,000. IOW I'm 4 times more likely to be killed in the US by a gun than Australia. Appalling statistic!

More proof that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
I argue from gun deaths, of which there are far too many. And there is nothing irrational about banning what is deadly and in most cases, unnecessary.

Except for that pesky 2nd amendment.

You don't get to decide if a person's desire to own a gun is "necessary", and neither does the government except if a person is convicted of a felony or mentally adjudicated.

What mass shootings? Dunno how he got the gun. Your own stats say there were 11,900+ gun deaths in the US. That is 1 death per 26,700 people. The rate in Australia in 2012 was 226, which is 1 death per 106,000. IOW I'm 4 times more likely to be killed in the US by a gun than Australia. Appalling statistic!

Not really that appalling.

Forum List

Back