Yeah…more gun control in Europe..that's the ticket…since the illegal guns were obtained illegally...

Your gun ownership rates are back up to the same level as before the confiscation...and your gun crime is going up as well.....after the confiscation...you too are about the same place as the United States was back in the 80s....and then gun crime went up...it wasn't until we allowed people to actually carry guns, as is their right, that the gun crime rate went down...

And this doesn't count the two recent acts of terrorism that took place in Australia with illegal guns....

Where are you getting your stats from? Gun ownership rates are nowhere near 1996 rates. You have proved no correlation between gun crime in the US and gun ownership rates. Nor in Australia. Just anecdotal evidence, which is meaningless. At the end of the day, US gun crime is a lot higher than any other Western country. That aside, none of us down here are so insecure as to even think about guns....

One of my liberal buddies suggested biometric gun locks - what's the staunch gun supporters view on an idea of gun control via such an idea?

As a note, I've not investigated the security and reliability of biometric gun locks yet, I'm just wondering how others feel about the idea atm.

Yeah, more stupidity from the Europeans…….their gun control laws didn't work…..so they want "super dooper" gun control laws that will also be useless….the guns used were illegal to own, the people who obtained them illegally were prohibited by law to own them and they were used illegally to murder people……illegally…..

gun grabbers never learn…

Europe’s Reaction To Gun Control’s Failure To Stop Paris Attack? More Gun Control

one can see their point

to ban blank firing guns

--LOL

One of my liberal buddies suggested biometric gun locks - what's the staunch gun supporters view on an idea of gun control via such an idea?

As a note, I've not investigated the security and reliability of biometric gun locks yet, I'm just wondering how others feel about the idea atm.

Great idea as long as they are not mandated. Right now the kinks are still being worked out. One that was tested took 7 seconds on average to identify the user, and release the interlock to allow the gun to fire.

And I would assume cops would be required to use the same thing, right?

And of course we would pass laws requiring all criminals to use the same thing as well.....

Great idea as long as they are not mandated. Right now the kinks are still being worked out. One that was tested took 7 seconds on average to identify the user, and release the interlock to allow the gun to fire.

And of course we would pass laws requiring all criminals to use the same thing as well.....

hmmm 7 seconds to fire is prob. a no-go. ~shrug~ I guess we're back to there is no middle ground heh

hmmm 7 seconds to fire is prob. a no-go. ~shrug~ I guess we're back to there is no middle ground heh

seven seconds is a long time when your ass is getting shot at

Again, when the cops are required to use it, THEN I can see others being required.

The Police are normal citizens like the rest of us, they should not get more rights than the rest of us.

Again, when the cops are required to use it, THEN I can see others being required.

The Police are normal citizens like the rest of us, they should not get more rights than the rest of us.

i cant see them being mandated

but then again we live in an obama world these days

however it is unlikely the leftists would welcome such

when their real intent is for you and others to lose a basic right

Oh, I agree 100%, its just another attempted end run around the 2nd amendment.

The police would NEVER agree to this, and that should give everyone enough information to see that mandating these technologies is idiotic.

Yeah, more stupidity from the Europeans…….their gun control laws didn't work…..so they want "super dooper" gun control laws that will also be useless….the guns used were illegal to own, the people who obtained them illegally were prohibited by law to own them and they were used illegally to murder people……illegally…..

gun grabbers never learn…

Europe’s Reaction To Gun Control’s Failure To Stop Paris Attack? More Gun Control
All I could think when watching the video footage of the resteraunt was this; if at least a few of those citizens would have been armed, then the tragedy could have been limited big time. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Those ladies that the gun jammed on, well all they can do is thank God the gun jammed because they sure wasn't helped by man who should have had better sense than to ignore the fact that there is evil in this world.

Last edited:

The police would NEVER agree to this, and that should give everyone enough information to see that mandating these technologies is idiotic.

it is patently ridiculous to mandate bio locks on firearms

such a move would be careless and dangerous

LOL, like that has stopped gun grabbers in the past. They will keep pressing for it every time something bad happens with a gun.

I sure am glad I have my guns, and I sure am glad that God gives me enough sense not to put my total safety in the hands of complete idiots. Sadly that's what this world is doing.. It is trusting in governments that are being controlled by complete idiots. Then if the good citizens don't go along with the idiots, then the governments shift to becoming the enemy of good, and that's when it all goes wrong or is going wrong these days. The government being run by idiot people, has created a dependency among the citizens who think then that the government is their saviour.

LOL, like that has stopped gun grabbers in the past. They will keep pressing for it every time something bad happens with a gun.
Never let a crisis or a manufactured crisis go to waste right ?

Everything people are seeing today, is due to the stances that governments have taken over the last 50 to 60 years.

The bad things happening in many countries, is all due to bad governments and the style of governments that are in play. We have avoided being caught up in such things, but we are fast becoming the same type of nation that many other nations have since fallen into.

Never let a crisis or a manufactured crisis go to waste right ?
exactly

Well the cops are for it. They won't get shot with their own guns then.

Forum List

Back