🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally"

How?

You still have every legal right to the same speech today that you had last Thursday.
You still have every religious right today that you had last Thursday.
You still have every free press right today that you had last Thursday.

The only thing that has changed is that you now have the right to marry someone of the same gender in all 50 states.

You're wrong ... but it's nice to finally have your attention. I was getting a little tired of the childish antics.

The First Amendment - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

My religion dictates that homosexuality is a sin - period. Further, my religion believes that aiding and/or abetting the commission of a sin makes you as guilty as the sinner.

The government is, for the first time in history, forcing me to choose between my religion and compliance with the law.

Whether it is by forcing me to acknowledge their homosexuality, participate in their ceremonies, or pay taxes that support their lifestyle, the government has mandated that I will aid and abet their sin.

Now - to be clear - I firmly believe that gays should receive equal treatment under the law. However, I do not believe that my individual rights should be violated to make it happen.

Oh please. The 10 Commandments told you that you shall have no Gods before your God, that you shall not make graven images, and that you will remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. But all of those commandments are violated by millions of people, including the federal gov't, but that wasn't aiding and abetting their sin??

Your individual rights have not been violated. Funny that you don't mind your taxes being spent on war, but object to them being spent on gays. That sort of blows your claims of being harmed because of the your religion.

First ... the government is incapable of violating the 10 commandments. Those are God's direction to PEOPLE, not things. Your argument carries no weight.

Second --- you're saying so doesn't make it so. Explain to me how my rights have NOT been violated. Explain to me how my free expression of my religion have NOT been violated.

You are cherry-picking my statement. You want to ignore the gov't violations of the 10 Commandments? How about the millions of people?

Your freedom of religion was violated by Hindu weddings, Buddhist weddings, and pagan weddings. Even atheist weddings didn't bother your religious freedoms. All of those are a sin.

I ignore nothing ---- you dissemble.

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

Spare_Change, there is no discussion to be had about the validity of Marriage Equality with those of us who believe in it.

We think you are defective in character or deficient in intellect or both if you oppose it.

I am not being mean. I am telling you what the majority of America thinks of your opinion: it stinks.

First of all, you have absolutely no idea what my opinion is .... I have not stated, one way or the other, my position on gay marriage. So, I would appreciate it if you would grow up and actually read what is written.

My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights ... that has NOTHING, NIL, NADA to do with gay marriage. Quite bleating that same ol' garbage, attacking people for what you THINK they feel, and actually engage in the conversation.

If you can't do that, I strongly recommend you just shut the hell up.
How has that ruling violated your First Amendment rights?

If you don't understand my position, you haven't been paying attention. Get back to us when you're caught up.

No one understands 'your position' because you haven't been able to show us this 'violation of your First Amendment' you keep claiming but cannot demonstrate.

You're wrong ... but it's nice to finally have your attention. I was getting a little tired of the childish antics.

The First Amendment - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

My religion dictates that homosexuality is a sin - period. Further, my religion believes that aiding and/or abetting the commission of a sin makes you as guilty as the sinner.

The government is, for the first time in history, forcing me to choose between my religion and compliance with the law.

Whether it is by forcing me to acknowledge their homosexuality, participate in their ceremonies, or pay taxes that support their lifestyle, the government has mandated that I will aid and abet their sin.

Now - to be clear - I firmly believe that gays should receive equal treatment under the law. However, I do not believe that my individual rights should be violated to make it happen.

Oh please. The 10 Commandments told you that you shall have no Gods before your God, that you shall not make graven images, and that you will remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. But all of those commandments are violated by millions of people, including the federal gov't, but that wasn't aiding and abetting their sin??

Your individual rights have not been violated. Funny that you don't mind your taxes being spent on war, but object to them being spent on gays. That sort of blows your claims of being harmed because of the your religion.

Second --- you're saying so doesn't make it so. Explain to me how my rights have NOT been violated. Explain to me how my free expression of my religion have NOT been violated.

Your free expression of religion has not changed at all- it is what it was on Thursday last week.

You can still pray- you can still go to church.

Nothing has changed at all.

You have yet to express one actual violation of your First Amendment.

Obviously, you didn't bother to actually read the previous posts, did you???

Why don't you get back to us when you catch up? If you like, I can make a reader available for you.

Your free expression of religion has not changed at all- it is what it was on Thursday last week.

For the first time in history, the government has decreed that I must forgo the free expression of my religion in order to comply with the law. For the FIRST time ...

It's not about gay marriage .... it's about protecting my individual rights.

How?

You still have every legal right to the same speech today that you had last Thursday.

The only thing that has changed is that you now have the right to marry someone of the same gender in all 50 states.

First ... the government is incapable of violating the 10 commandments. Those are God's direction to PEOPLE, not things. Your argument carries no weight.

You are cherry-picking my statement. You want to ignore the gov't violations of the 10 Commandments? How about the millions of people?

Your freedom of religion was violated by Hindu weddings, Buddhist weddings, and pagan weddings. Even atheist weddings didn't bother your religious freedoms. All of those are a sin.

Uh...I don't eve know where to start, the depth and breadth of the ignorance in that post is so vast.

Did we require special laws to force us to accept Hindu marriages? Nope. Hindus didn't seek them. Because Hindus have no interest in forcing Christians to perform Hindu marriages. They have their own clergy. Hindus have no interest in declaring the bible "hate speech", even though our bible says that worshipping other gods is a sin. Because Hindus aren't insane and mentally ill. The don't demand that the tenets of their faith be taught to young school children, or invade our businesses and demand business owners participate in sacrilege.

Hindus aren't interested in targeting Christians in this country, or shutting down churches. Homos are.

Have gays forced Christians to perform gay marriages?

How?

The 10 commandments were given to the Jewish people , not others

1. The Hebrew God never brought you or your ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Hebrew God has not given you the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. There is nothing requiring non-Jews to keep it (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Gentiles (strangers) were never required to follow the 10
In addition the christian 10 commandments that you claim and use are different for the Hebrew 10

http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.pdf

Is this what we can call a non sequitur .... or is it a blatant attempt to raise post count without contributing to the discussion?
You and keys remind me of Lenny and Squiggy

How?

Your religion states clearly that it is a sin to have any god other than God- but millions of Hindu Americans do exactly that- and their temples all receive the exact same tax breaks- i.e. your tax subsidy- as your church gets.

Remember- you don't care whether homosexuals are Christian or not- you believe that they are committing a sin- regardless of their religion.

So tell me how you rationalize paying taxes to support Hindu lifestyles?

Let us review the 10 Commandments again:

You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

You shall not kill.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor’s

The only 'injury' you have suffered is by yourself- to yourself. Not a single freedom of yours has been infringed upon today, that was not 'infringed' upon on Thursday.

Frankly, your argument is nonsensical, and doesn't deserve an answer. Surely, you can do better than this ....at least, your cohorts tried.

LOL- in other words you cannot explain how 'homosexuals marrying' violates your First Amendment rights but Hindu's having a church in America do not.

See, this is what I mean. I have stated my case ... you have ignored it.

I am NOT opposed to equal treatment for gays - I am ADAMANTLY opposed to SCOTUS usurping my individual rights in order to make it happen.

You truly need to catch up.

Again- you cannot explain how your individual rights are being violated.

Prior to Thursday- in 13 States, the rights of gay couples were being violated because they could not legally marry- that is an actual harm- an actual violation of rights.

You have yet to explain how your rights changed on Friday.

Why don't you get back to us when you catch up? If you like, I can make a reader available for you.

For the first time in history, the government has decreed that I must forgo the free expression of my religion in order to comply with the law. For the FIRST time ...

I don't know what that means. What do you mean you have to forgo the free expression of your religioun?

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

Weak, man, very weak .....

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

No, they haven't. You are still free to bash gays all you want. Your First Amendment rights are intact.

How?

Homosexuals marrying does not interfere with you or your religion- yet somehow you believe that violates your rights.

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

And you do not have to 'aid or abet' anyone's sin.

No more than you need to 'aid or abet' a Hindu's sin of worshipping another God.

What homosexuals do- or what Hindu's do- are not your business.

The government is not going to force you to a) gay marry or b) attend a gay marriage.

Government not forcing you to do anything.

You're still free to exercise your religion as before. Your First Amendment rights are still intact.

There are no First Amendment protections against being butthurt. So your First Amendment rights are still intact.

Who are you? Nobody cares what you think you're free to think whatever you want but the society you live in disagrees with your position on this. If you want to live somewhere where they agree with you move to a Muslim country

What has happened is that these freaks are no longer able to use their religion to force others to live as THEY believe, so they are throwing tantrums.

There is no math to it. You kooks will lose. You always do. You either ride or collide with us. There is no other option.
No, we don't always lose. We're the ones who win. You're the ones that are on the side of the Nazis. Like the idiot Germans, you don't get it.

But you will.
Funny about winning...since no real offspring can come of such "same sex" unions, eventually normalcy will reign...provided the government feel good PCers eventually fall to the wayside, as they must.

LOL......'normalcy' to me is allowing people in love to marry.

The bigotted butthurt continues.
Meanwhile, gay marriage legal in all 50 :lol:

Knock off the bullshit ... aren't you capable of having an intelligent discussion about an issue? Must you, and the rest of the left, always resort to childish attacks, rather than addressing the issue?

Grow the hell up.
That's why I have the revolting troll on ignore. Waste. Of. Breath.

I don't put revolting trolls on ignore- that way I can mock your posts.

Forum List

Back