🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally"

Spare_Change, there is no discussion to be had about the validity of Marriage Equality with those of us who believe in it.

We think you are defective in character or deficient in intellect or both if you oppose it.

I am not being mean. I am telling you what the majority of America thinks of your opinion: it stinks.

First of all, you have absolutely no idea what my opinion is .... I have not stated, one way or the other, my position on gay marriage. So, I would appreciate it if you would grow up and actually read what is written.

My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights .

How?

You still have every legal right to the same speech today that you had last Thursday.
You still have every religious right today that you had last Thursday.
You still have every free press right today that you had last Thursday.

The only thing that has changed is that you now have the right to marry someone of the same gender in all 50 states.

You're wrong ... but it's nice to finally have your attention. I was getting a little tired of the childish antics.

The First Amendment - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

My religion dictates that homosexuality is a sin - period. Further, my religion believes that aiding and/or abetting the commission of a sin makes you as guilty as the sinner.

The government is, for the first time in history, forcing me to choose between my religion and compliance with the law.

Whether it is by forcing me to acknowledge their homosexuality, participate in their ceremonies, or pay taxes that support their lifestyle, the government has mandated that I will aid and abet their sin.

Now - to be clear - I firmly believe that gays should receive equal treatment under the law. However, I do not believe that my individual rights should be violated to make it happen.

I am old enough to remember the same argument about integration

watch the entire video

Your math is as abysmal as your English. The kooks are not on my side, and the majority is not on your side.
There is no math to it. You kooks will lose. You always do. You either ride or collide with us. There is no other option.
No, we don't always lose. We're the ones who win. You're the ones that are on the side of the Nazis. Like the idiot Germans, you don't get it.

But you will.
Funny about winning...since no real offspring can come of such "same sex" unions, eventually normalcy will reign...provided the government feel good PCers eventually fall to the wayside, as they must.

LOL......'normalcy' to me is allowing people in love to marry.

The bigotted butthurt continues.
Meanwhile, gay marriage legal in all 50 :lol:

Knock off the bullshit ... aren't you capable of having an intelligent discussion about an issue? Must you, and the rest of the left, always resort to childish attacks, rather than addressing the issue?

Grow the hell up.
the entire opposition is childish, deserves no more than what it's getting.

Spare_Change, there is no discussion to be had about the validity of Marriage Equality with those of us who believe in it.

We think you are defective in character or deficient in intellect or both if you oppose it.

I am not being mean. I am telling you what the majority of America thinks of your opinion: it stinks.

First of all, you have absolutely no idea what my opinion is .... I have not stated, one way or the other, my position on gay marriage. So, I would appreciate it if you would grow up and actually read what is written.

My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights .

How?

You still have every legal right to the same speech today that you had last Thursday.

The only thing that has changed is that you now have the right to marry someone of the same gender in all 50 states.

You're wrong ... but it's nice to finally have your attention. I was getting a little tired of the childish antics.

The First Amendment - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

My religion dictates that homosexuality is a sin - period. Further, my religion believes that aiding and/or abetting the commission of a sin makes you as guilty as the sinner.

The government is, for the first time in history, forcing me to choose between my religion and compliance with the law.

Whether it is by forcing me to acknowledge their homosexuality, participate in their ceremonies, or pay taxes that support their lifestyle, the government has mandated that I will aid and abet their sin.

Now - to be clear - I firmly believe that gays should receive equal treatment under the law. However, I do not believe that my individual rights should be violated to make it happen.

And this argument could be used against racial integration, women's rights or any of a number of equality issues.

Maybe if you fought against divorce with as much passion.

How?

Your religion states clearly that it is a sin to have any god other than God- but millions of Hindu Americans do exactly that- and their temples all receive the exact same tax breaks- i.e. your tax subsidy- as your church gets.

Remember- you don't care whether homosexuals are Christian or not- you believe that they are committing a sin- regardless of their religion.

So tell me how you rationalize paying taxes to support Hindu lifestyles?

Let us review the 10 Commandments again:

You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

You shall not kill.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor’s

The only 'injury' you have suffered is by yourself- to yourself. Not a single freedom of yours has been infringed upon today, that was not 'infringed' upon on Thursday.

"My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights ..." is flatly wrong morally, ethically, legally. To think otherwise is to believe in a nothing. In no way is anybody's religious 1st Amendment rights infringed by Marriage Equality. Folks have the right to talk about it, have the right to oppose it politically if futilely, and not be forced to participate in it.

My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights ... that has NOTHING, NIL, NADA to do with gay marriage. Quite bleating that same ol' garbage, attacking people for what you THINK they feel, and actually engage in the conversation.

If you can't do that, I strongly recommend you just shut the hell up.
How has that ruling violated your First Amendment rights?

My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights ... that has NOTHING, NIL, NADA to do with gay marriage. Quite bleating that same ol' garbage, attacking people for what you THINK they feel, and actually engage in the conversation.

It bent his nose out of joint.

The Bible and religious belief has nothing to do with American law other than one has the right to believe as one believes. Public Accommodation laws are constitutional. No one is going to force anyone to marry a homosexual in church or to be married to one. To argue otherwise merely reveals "feeling" not intellect or reasoning.

I don't care someone's nose is bent out of joint on this issue.

SCOTUS ruled, it is over, and discussion as to why is over.

And Keys continues to come unglued. We scan quickly his ranting, smile, and move on.

SCOTUS in American law has the final say. End of the line for Keys.
I tend to agree with keys on this one. I don't like the Supreme Court legislating from the bench. They side with corporations 100% of the time + BFD they give us gay marriage

An interesting syllogism...

If the court hears suits brought by corporate interests, and 'deciding for corporate interests' is BAD... the Court is axiomatically BAD.

Of course, the thing is NOT the decision, but the reasoning.

The Court's reasoning in the Licensing of Degeneracy is wildly unreasonable, illogical, and inappropriate, lacking lucidity... . Leaving little room to reasonably believe that the decision had absolutely no basis in reason and was entirely a function of a majority establishing a right, where reason precludes any potential for such a right to exist.

The same was true for the decision on ObamaScare, with such being separated from any sense of principle and having no relevance to the US Constitution.
What about the general welfare clause?

The "general welfare" clause is only appropriate when it does NOT interfere with individual rights ..... until now.
Yes and gay marriage doesn't interfere with you whatsoever

Because I am one of those heterosexuals who happens to believe same-sex marriage is simply none of my concern I feel compelled to respond to this assertion by the Blaze contributor.

(Excerpt)

"An improper understanding of a squirrel is one thing, though. An improper understanding of marriage, on the other hand, will destroy us. Marriage is the bedrock upon which all of human civilization rests. To expand its definition into oblivion is to weaken and destabilize it."

(Close)

Slightly more than 50% of all marriages end in divorce or permanent separation. http://www.divorce.usu.edu/files/uploads/lesson3.pdf

About half of the remaining percentage are dissatisfied with their partners, regret being married to them, and admit to either regular or occasional infidelity. So according to the Blaze article these statistics mean our society is resting on a bedrock composed of approximately one-fourth of today's marriages.

I believe the simple fact of the matter is marriage just ain't what it used to be. The social and material changes which have taken place in our ever-evolving social order have made the moral institution of marriage wholly dispensable -- with the single exception of the legal obligation to care for children. The romantic promise to "love, honor and obey 'til death do we part" has become almost comically redundant -- as well as a rather flimsy "bedrock."
Agree. Giving gays equal rights just feels right to me

How?

And this argument could be used against racial integration, women's rights or any of a number of equality issues.

Maybe if you fought against divorce with as much passion.
Actually, that is absolutely wrong ... and clearly indicates the lack of depth of your knowledge of the law.

In fact, racism and misogyny IS against most Christian religions (I only say most, because there must be one out there somewhere that is different).

Your counter-argument holds no position.

How?

Oh please. The 10 Commandments told you that you shall have no Gods before your God, that you shall not make graven images, and that you will remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. But all of those commandments are violated by millions of people, including the federal gov't, but that wasn't aiding and abetting their sin??

Your individual rights have not been violated. Funny that you don't mind your taxes being spent on war, but object to them being spent on gays. That sort of blows your claims of being harmed because of the your religion.

First ... the government is incapable of violating the 10 commandments. Those are God's direction to PEOPLE, not things. Your argument carries no weight.

Second --- you're saying so doesn't make it so. Explain to me how my rights have NOT been violated. Explain to me how my free expression of my religion have NOT been violated.

How?

I am old enough to remember the same argument about integration

watch the entire video

Who cares? God's name has been used to equivocate the sins of man forever ... it isn't man's word that's important; it's God's.

How?

Your religion states clearly that it is a sin to have any god other than God- but millions of Hindu Americans do exactly that- and their temples all receive the exact same tax breaks- i.e. your tax subsidy- as your church gets.

Remember- you don't care whether homosexuals are Christian or not- you believe that they are committing a sin- regardless of their religion.

So tell me how you rationalize paying taxes to support Hindu lifestyles?

Let us review the 10 Commandments again:

You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work; but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your manservant, or your maidservant, or your cattle, or the sojourner who is within your gates; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which the LORD your God gives you.

You shall not kill.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor’s

The only 'injury' you have suffered is by yourself- to yourself. Not a single freedom of yours has been infringed upon today, that was not 'infringed' upon on Thursday.

Frankly, your argument is nonsensical, and doesn't deserve an answer. Surely, you can do better than this ....at least, your cohorts tried.

"My objection has been, and will consistently be, that the ruling by SCOTUS has violated my First Amendment rights ..." is flatly wrong morally, ethically, legally. To think otherwise is to believe in a nothing. In no way is anybody's religious 1st Amendment rights infringed by Marriage Equality. Folks have the right to talk about it, have the right to oppose it politically if futilely, and not be forced to participate in it.

.... but I AM being forced to participate in it. See the 'baker' case ... see the two cases (one in NC, the other in Illinois) winding through the federal court system, asking the government to declare all religious speech as 'hate speech'.

If you don't understand my position, you haven't been paying attention. Get back to us when you're caught up.

Spare, explain how your rights have been violated when they clearly have not.

It bent his nose out of joint.

More childish nonsense ... are you SURE you don't have anything substantive to contribute?

The Bible and religious belief has nothing to do with American law other than one has the right to believe as one believes. Public Accommodation laws are constitutional. No one is going to force anyone to marry a homosexual in church or to be married to one. To argue otherwise merely reveals "feeling" not intellect or reasoning.

I don't care someone's nose is bent out of joint on this issue.

SCOTUS ruled, it is over, and discussion as to why is over.

Thank you for your opinion --- however wrong it might be.

How?

Oh please. The 10 Commandments told you that you shall have no Gods before your God, that you shall not make graven images, and that you will remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. But all of those commandments are violated by millions of people, including the federal gov't, but that wasn't aiding and abetting their sin??

Your individual rights have not been violated. Funny that you don't mind your taxes being spent on war, but object to them being spent on gays. That sort of blows your claims of being harmed because of the your religion.

First ... the government is incapable of violating the 10 commandments. Those are God's direction to PEOPLE, not things. Your argument carries no weight.

Second --- you're saying so doesn't make it so. Explain to me how my rights have NOT been violated. Explain to me how my free expression of my religion have NOT been violated.

The 10 commandments were given to the Jewish people , not others

1. The Hebrew God never brought you or your ancestors out of Egypt! Ex 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery."
  2. The Hebrew God has not given you the promised land of Canaan! Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you"
  3. There is nothing requiring non-Jews to keep it (Ex. 31:13,17; Ezek. 20:12, 20)
  4. If it was intended for all mankind, then why specifically say "strangers within your gates". Obviously the Gentiles (strangers) were never required to follow the 10
In addition the christian 10 commandments that you claim and use are different for the Hebrew 10

http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.pdf

Forum List

Back