🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally"

The far right's immensity of butt hurt is awesome!

Good. They deserved it one thousand times over.

Their rule of American morally and culturally and politically is over. Praise Jesus!
A nation that demands gay marriage deserves gay marriage.

Enjoy your decadence. Sin has its pleasures, but only for a season.
What do you think is going to happen after the gay season is over?

Don't get me wrong. I do not dare assign degree of guilt or punishment to anyone's sin. I do not rank a gay encounter as 10 years in purgatory and adultery 7 years and stealing a ham sandwich 4 months.

So it is not about a "gay season" or any kind of season. It is about the fact that sin has its pleasures but the price that comes later (often during the judgment) is far worse than the fun there was. That goes for ALL sin, all unrepentant sin I should be careful to say.

I am, I believe, quite sympathetic to those who have gay urges and lifestyles. I cannot judge how they got to that point, although I am convinced many would not have become gay if they were not part of this "anything goes" culture. Actually, it's a long story (my beliefs on all this) and I cannot get into it now. But I do not call a gay person any worse than a promiscuous hetero, or any worse than a self-centered angry man in a pew. That was not my point.

Same sex marriage has become accepted by the majority of Americans because they've come to realize that they've been lied to by those who say it would adversely effect their heterosexual marriage. Those who continue to spout that line are the moral equivalent of Holocaust deniers.
harm to this nation. Just as legalizing abortion has debauched society.

God is not one to be mocked. So don’t.

I don't mock fairy tales- I mock those who insist I must believe in their fairy tales- and that we all are supposed to live our lives according your fairy tales.

Who is insisting you have to believe in anything? Explain.

Christians act within the law. We are all allowed to vote however or for whomever we please. I vote for a candidate because he believes in Christian morals and may enact such legislation for the common good. Like laws against prostitution. You have a problem with that? You vote for some humanist who wants to take the word of God everywhere out of the public domain. Fine. Do as you please.

If we prevail then maybe abortion becomes illegal again. You have a problem with that?
If you prevail then abortion is legal and that is the way the system works. We still have the right to protest publicly against it. You have a problem with that?
You have a problem that the law is not what you want.

Sux to be you.

No, I think you have a problem comprehending basic ideas and explanations.

Their rule of American morally and culturally and politically is over. Praise Jesus!

The Gay World Series.
Dont they have the Gay Playoffs first?

Don't get me wrong. I do not dare assign degree of guilt or punishment to anyone's sin. I do not rank a gay encounter as 10 years in purgatory and adultery 7 years and stealing a ham sandwich 4 months.

So it is not about a "gay season" or any kind of season. It is about the fact that sin has its pleasures but the price that comes later (often during the judgment) is far worse than the fun there was. That goes for ALL sin, all unrepentant sin I should be careful to say.

I am, I believe, quite sympathetic to those who have gay urges and lifestyles. I cannot judge how they got to that point, although I am convinced many would not have become gay if they were not part of this "anything goes" culture. Actually, it's a long story (my beliefs on all this) and I cannot get into it now. But I do not call a gay person any worse than a promiscuous hetero, or any worse than a self-centered angry man in a pew. That was not my point.
Doesnt judgement occur after you die?

"No, I think you have a problem comprehending basic ideas and explanations." As a Christian, I comprehend exactly what you are saying. Telling you that you are wrong on this is not disrespecting your religion; it is only disagreeing with you. And you don't like that.

Absolutely. For all of us. The good news is that purgatory may save many of us undeserveds from the nether world. Would not dare speculate who is in which crowd, of course.

But to be sure, there are partial judgments and ramifications while here on earth as well. I mean, look around --- are there really very many happy people secure in their lives and their futures?

"No, I think you have a problem comprehending basic ideas and explanations." As a Christian, I comprehend exactly what you are saying. Telling you that you are wrong on this is not disrespecting your religion; it is only disagreeing with you. And you don't like that.
No, that's ok with me. You are right, it is your opinion of how you think I act or believe.

Yes, I do lament some of our laws, but it really does not alter my attitude on life or daily experiences. I adopt, as we all must. So you need not feel sorry for me because I am hanging my head that gay marriage is now the law of the land. Life is far more complex and demanding for any one person than to be overtaken by one political act.

For the record, I am a very worried man and often sad. It has very much to do with how those I know so well treat God or ignore God, and how they are so self indulgent and do so little for others. Hell scares me, I do not wish for anyone to perish.

Absolutely. For all of us. The good news is that purgatory may save many of us undeserveds from the nether world. Would not dare speculate who is in which crowd, of course.

But to be sure, there are partial judgments and ramifications while here on earth as well. I mean, look around --- are there really very many happy people secure in their lives and their futures?
I think those partial judgments and ramifications are a result of mindset. For instance I lead a great life but I've sinned a lot according to the bible. However, my mindset is one that allows for these sins. People that fret and worry about unexplained sins attract bad things to them.

I guess my point is that if final judgement occurs after death how does one that is still alive know what actually happens?

I think those partial judgments and ramifications are a result of mindset. For instance I lead a great life but I've sinned a lot according to the bible. However, my mindset is one that allows for these sins. People that fret and worry about unexplained sins attract bad things to them.

I guess my point is that if final judgement occurs after death how does one that is still alive know what actually happens?

Your questions and comments are not easy to answer. From my understanding ---- none of us can know if the pain and disappointments in our lives are the result of our own personal sins or something altogether different. God does subject us to trials for our own good, so even bad things can be good.

I would like to think that if I sin without care it will surely haunt me, and I keep that as a moral guide. Whether that means now or later, again, who can say for sure?

If you think your mindset that allows for sins is a healthy perspective to make you a better person, that one is a bit odd, but once again hard to say? We should confess our sins and try to overcome them, but I guess God does not want us wallowing in self pity and self abasement because we are so weak. So that one deserves a longer thought process to clarify.

As a Catholic, none of us know what will happen to us come Judgement Day because we do not claim heaven is ours the way many Protestants do. We "work out our salvation in fear and trembling" as St. Paul says in one of his epistles. Purgatory is absolutely real and a lot can be said about that.

But I have to leave the office go to my cabin right now. I am not avoiding controversy.

Who is insisting you have to believe in anything? Explain.

Christians act within the law. We are all allowed to vote however or for whomever we please. I vote for a candidate because he believes in Christian morals and may enact such legislation for the common good. Like laws against prostitution. You have a problem with that? You vote for some humanist who wants to take the word of God everywhere out of the public domain. Fine. Do as you please.

If we prevail then maybe abortion becomes illegal again. You have a problem with that?
If you prevail then abortion is legal and that is the way the system works. We still have the right to protest publicly against it. You have a problem with that?

Now I am telling you that you are either a simpleton or acting like one to protect your phony claims.

You told me not to mock your God- that is you insisting I must believe in your God.

As long as you do not insist that I accept Biblical quotes as rational for laws we don't have any conflict.
I told you what I am saying is good for you. That is not insisting or else. Just like you tell me I should exercise for my own good.

Quit acting like a demagog to make yourself look so noble.

But I am not telling you to exercise. Or to not believe your god. I am not telling you to do anything- you were the one telling us not to mock your God.

Now I am telling you that you are either a simpleton or acting like one to protect your phony and false claims.

And I am telling you that I don't really care what your religious zealotry makes you think.

No, that's ok with me. You are right, it is your opinion of how you think I act or believe.

Yes, I do lament some of our laws, but it really does not alter my attitude on life or daily experiences. I adopt, as we all must. So you need not feel sorry for me because I am hanging my head that gay marriage is now the law of the land. Life is far more complex and demanding for any one person than to be overtaken by one political act.

For the record, I am a very worried man and often sad. It has very much to do with how those I know so well treat God or ignore God, and how they are so self indulgent and do so little for others. Hell scares me, I do not wish for anyone to perish.
Good to hear your true concerns worded in such a way that shows your compassion. For me, I am not worried about God's mercy and judgment. He loves us, and He will judge us fairly. I have never doubted that. He will, I think, be guided by the son's Two Great Commandments.

Weak, man, very weak .....

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

And you do not have to 'aid or abet' anyone's sin.

No more than you need to 'aid or abet' a Hindu's sin of worshipping another God.

What homosexuals do- or what Hindu's do- are not your business.
Absolute unmitigated nonsense.

I MUST bake the cake .... I MUST acknowledge the sanctity of their union ... I MUST avoid practicing my religion in public so as to avoid the ire of the government.

No- you must not bake any cake.
No- you must not acknowledge the sanctity of anyone's union.
No- there is nothing preventing you from practicing your religion in public.

It is all in your mind.
Since when is baking a cake sacrilegious? :dunno:

I am really wondering about the wierd cherry picking of these 'Christians'.

Most Christian flavors think that we are all sinners, and that the only way to be 'saved' is through believing in Jesus.

Therefore- I as an Atheist am a sinner in their view- and I am going to hell. And Hindu's- them too- they worship a 'false god'.

Logically they should be refusing to serve me- because that would be condoning my sin.

And of course refusing to serve Hindu's also.

But somehow- serving homosexuals is the only sin that they think will remove them from the grace of Jesus forever.

I don't get it.
That's exactly the point. To a Christian, everyone is a sinner and all sin is the same. They shouldn't be allowed to bake a wedding cake for anyone. :dunno:

dunno.gif

I ignore nothing ---- you dissemble.

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

No more than you need to 'aid or abet' a Hindu's sin of worshipping another God.

I MUST bake the cake .... I MUST acknowledge the sanctity of their union ... I MUST avoid practicing my religion in public so as to avoid the ire of the government.

It is all in your mind.
I ignore nothing ---- you dissemble.

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

It is all in your mind.

Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians

Christian bakers fined 135 000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians Fox News

I must acknowledge the sanctity of their union, or be liable to discrimination charges. I must rent to them ... I must feed them ... I cannot refuse to have my charitable donations used to support them ... my taxes must support them ... etc., etc., etc.

There are currently three cases in federal court attempting to make any speech denigrating gays to be defined as 'hate speech' ....

Same sex marriage has become accepted by the majority of Americans because they've come to realize that they've been lied to by those who say it would adversely effect their heterosexual marriage. Those who continue to spout that line are the moral equivalent of Holocaust deniers.
harm to this nation. Just as legalizing abortion has debauched society.

God is not one to be mocked. So don’t.

I don't mock fairy tales- I mock those who insist I must believe in their fairy tales- and that we all are supposed to live our lives according your fairy tales.

I don't' give a good God damn how you live your life, who you sleep with, or what you consider fairy tales .... I only ask that I be allowed to believe in my God, if I wish, and that I be allowed to worship in the manner in which I wish .... I am getting sick and tired of know-it-all atheists trying to tell me how, when, and where to worship my God, telling me what sin I must support, and posing themselves as the know-all, be-all of something with which they are not the least be familiar.

It is all in your mind.

When baking that cake constitutes aiding and abetting a sin ...

It is all in your mind.

Most Christian flavors think that we are all sinners, and that the only way to be 'saved' is through believing in Jesus.

Therefore- I as an Atheist am a sinner in their view- and I am going to hell. And Hindu's- them too- they worship a 'false god'.

Logically they should be refusing to serve me- because that would be condoning my sin.

But somehow- serving homosexuals is the only sin that they think will remove them from the grace of Jesus forever.

I don't get it.

It's is amazing how all-knowing you posture yourself to be about something of which you obviously have no knowledge. Your post is a anthem to ignorance and an embarrassment to educated discussion.

You could not be more wrong ... and that DOES seem to be epidemic among your leftist brethren.

It is all in your mind.

It is all in your mind.

Christian bakers fined $135,000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians

Christian bakers fined 135 000 for refusing to make wedding cake for lesbians Fox News

I must acknowledge the sanctity of their union, or be liable to discrimination charges. I must rent to them ... I must feed them ... I cannot refuse to have my charitable donations used to support them ... my taxes must support them ... etc., etc., etc.

There are currently three cases in federal court attempting to make any speech denigrating gays to be defined as 'hate speech' ....
No, they were sued for discrimination. Baking a cake does not acknowledge the sanctity of gay marriage. A marriage license does that. A cake feeds the guests. Furthermore, there is nothing in the Bible forbidding the baking of cake (as long as it's not made with meat) so it violates no ones religious freedoms.

It is all in your mind.

I don't get it.
That's exactly the point. To a Christian, everyone is a sinner and all sin is the same. They shouldn't be allowed to bake a wedding cake for anyone. :dunno:

Where did you hear this bullshit???? Are you, too, one of the unwashed ignorant? You, once again, have embarrassed yourself.

Forum List

Back