🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Yes, Gay Marriage Hurts Me Personally"

Same sex marriage has become accepted by the majority of Americans because they've come to realize that they've been lied to by those who say it would adversely effect their heterosexual marriage. Those who continue to spout that line are the moral equivalent of Holocaust deniers.
harm to this nation. Just as legalizing abortion has debauched society.

God is not one to be mocked. So don’t.

I don't mock fairy tales- I mock those who insist I must believe in their fairy tales- and that we all are supposed to live our lives according your fairy tales.

You are cherry-picking my statement. You want to ignore the gov't violations of the 10 Commandments? How about the millions of people?

Your freedom of religion was violated by Hindu weddings, Buddhist weddings, and pagan weddings. Even atheist weddings didn't bother your religious freedoms. All of those are a sin.

I ignore nothing ---- you dissemble.

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

Weak, man, very weak .....

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

And you do not have to 'aid or abet' anyone's sin.

No more than you need to 'aid or abet' a Hindu's sin of worshipping another God.

What homosexuals do- or what Hindu's do- are not your business.
Absolute unmitigated nonsense.

I MUST bake the cake .... I MUST acknowledge the sanctity of their union ... I MUST avoid practicing my religion in public so as to avoid the ire of the government.

No- you must not bake any cake.
No- you must not acknowledge the sanctity of anyone's union.
No- there is nothing preventing you from practicing your religion in public.

It is all in your mind.

Spare_change is using the old segregationist excuse, "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

Well, Spare, if you can't explain it clearly, then it is not a problem to anyone else that counts.

The government is not making your marry a gay.

The government is not making you participate in a wedding.

Those are private 1st Amendment issues.

If the state has PA that makes you conduct business in a certain way, that way is to make sure everyone's civil rights are balanced. As a business person, you do not have the right to discriminate against others because of your religion.

In other words, I am not allowed to practice my religion as i see fit ... got ya!!

In other words, you still cannot provide a single example of how you are not allowed to practice your religion as you see fit.

The Catholic Church is officially against divorce- and it is a clear sin within the Catholic Church for Catholics to divorce.

Are Catholics rights being violated if the government allow a divorced Catholic couple to be legally married outside the church?

And if not- explain the difference between your position and the Catholics.

God, this gets old ... please grant me strength.

This is NOT about gay marriage --- I've said that 1,000 times. This is about the government putting restrictions on the manner in which i practice my religion.

Your supposed conundrum only indicates that you don't understand my point at all .... please go back and study.

And how is that any different when it comes to how Catholics practice their religion?

The Catholic Church is officially against divorce- and it is a clear sin within the Catholic Church for Catholics to divorce.

Are Catholics rights being violated if the government allow a divorced Catholic couple to be legally married outside the church?

And if not- explain the difference between your position and the Catholics.

What has happened is that these freaks are no longer able to use their religion to force others to live as THEY believe, so they are throwing tantrums.

NEWSFLASH!!!

I don't give a damn how you live your life ... but you can be damn sure I care about how the government has dictated that I will live my life.

Obviously, when presented with a cogent argument, you resort to name calling, false attacks, and childish antics.

PLEASE --- don't bother.

LMAO!!

The gov't is not dictating anything about your life.

Is that right? They aren't dictating anything?

Am I required to bake the cake? Am I required to defend attempts by the left to have religious speech labeled as 'hate speech'? Am I required to keep my opinion of this particular sin to myself - or, within the confines of my church - under penalty of being accused by my government of 'hate speech'? The list goes on ...

No
No
No

Glad to clarify that for you.

I ignore nothing ---- you dissemble.

I am concerned about my adherence to the word of God. I am not my brother's keeper - they will do what they will do, and they will be judged accordingly.

I am mystified, however, on why you believe that others practicing their religion interferes with mine.

It is a sin to worship another God. It is a sin to worship a graven image. It is a sin not to keep the Sabbath holy.

YOu are not your brother's keeper, but somehow if that brother is gay and wants to marry the man he loves, suddenly you are responsible for his sin?? Nice double standards.

I don't care if my brother wants to marry the man he loves .... I wish him all the happiness in the world. I just don't want to have to aid and abet his sin. Is that so difficult to understand?

Your litany of other sins .... as long as I don't do them, I don't have to worry about them, do I? But, if the government forces me to do it .... then I have a problem... the SAME problem I have now.

No more than you need to 'aid or abet' a Hindu's sin of worshipping another God.

I MUST bake the cake .... I MUST acknowledge the sanctity of their union ... I MUST avoid practicing my religion in public so as to avoid the ire of the government.

It is all in your mind.
Since when is baking a cake sacrilegious? :dunno:

Spare_change is using the old segregationist excuse, "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

Well, Spare, if you can't explain it clearly, then it is not a problem to anyone else that counts.

The government is not making your marry a gay.

The government is not making you participate in a wedding.

Those are private 1st Amendment issues.

If the state has PA that makes you conduct business in a certain way, that way is to make sure everyone's civil rights are balanced. As a business person, you do not have the right to discriminate against others because of your religion.

In other words, I am not allowed to practice my religion as i see fit ... got ya!!
Don't be ridiculous, your right to exercise your religion is not being infringed. :rolleyes:

Is that right? You're sure now, right??

I am now allowed to refuse to serve a gay couple because I consider it a sin to aid and abet a sinner, right?

You as an individual have every right to refuse to have anything to do with anyone- black- Jewish- Hindu- Lithuanian- or homosexual- for whatever reason you want to.

Friday's decision did not change any of that.

Now if you run a business- you are obligated to follow the law governing business.

And Friday's decision did not change any of that.

Nor does 'gay marriage' change any of that.

What state do you live in- are business's in your state subject to public accommodation laws that include sexual orientation?
If not- you are not obligated to serve homosexuals- you can put up a big sign on your window saying "No Fags Allowed".
If so- then you are obligated to serve homosexuals just as you are obligated to serve Hindus.

Same sex marriage has become accepted by the majority of Americans because they've come to realize that they've been lied to by those who say it would adversely effect their heterosexual marriage. Those who continue to spout that line are the moral equivalent of Holocaust deniers.

I don't mock fairy tales- I mock those who insist I must believe in their fairy tales- and that we all are supposed to live our lives according your fairy tales.

Who is insisting you have to believe in anything? Explain.

Christians act within the law. We are all allowed to vote however or for whomever we please. I vote for a candidate because he believes in Christian morals and may enact such legislation for the common good. Like laws against prostitution. You have a problem with that? You vote for some humanist who wants to take the word of God everywhere out of the public domain. Fine. Do as you please.

If we prevail then maybe abortion becomes illegal again. You have a problem with that?
If you prevail then abortion is legal and that is the way the system works. We still have the right to protest publicly against it. You have a problem with that?

It is all in your mind.
Since when is baking a cake sacrilegious? :dunno:

I am really wondering about the wierd cherry picking of these 'Christians'.

Most Christian flavors think that we are all sinners, and that the only way to be 'saved' is through believing in Jesus.

Therefore- I as an Atheist am a sinner in their view- and I am going to hell. And Hindu's- them too- they worship a 'false god'.

Logically they should be refusing to serve me- because that would be condoning my sin.

And of course refusing to serve Hindu's also.

But somehow- serving homosexuals is the only sin that they think will remove them from the grace of Jesus forever.

I don't get it.

Christians act within the law. We are all allowed to vote however or for whomever we please. I vote for a candidate because he believes in Christian morals and may enact such legislation for the common good. Like laws against prostitution. You have a problem with that? You vote for some humanist who wants to take the word of God everywhere out of the public domain. Fine. Do as you please.

If we prevail then maybe abortion becomes illegal again. You have a problem with that?
If you prevail then abortion is legal and that is the way the system works. We still have the right to protest publicly against it. You have a problem with that?

You told me not to mock your God- that is you insisting I must believe in your God.

As long as you do not insist that I accept Biblical quotes as rational for laws we don't have any conflict.

You told me not to mock your God- that is you insisting I must believe in your God.

As long as you do not insist that I accept Biblical quotes as rational for laws we don't have any conflict.
I told you what I am saying is good for you. That is not insisting or else. Just like you tell me I should exercise for my own good.

Quit acting like a demagog to make yourself look so noble.

I told you what I am saying is good for you. That is not insisting or else. Just like you tell me I should exercise for my own good.

But I am not telling you to exercise. Or to not believe your god. I am not telling you to do anything- you were the one telling us not to mock your God.

Now I am telling you that you are either a simpleton or acting like one to protect your phony claims.

But I am not telling you to exercise. Or to not believe your god. I am not telling you to do anything- you were the one telling us not to mock your God.

Now I am telling you that you are either a simpleton or acting like one to protect your phony and false claims.

The far right's immensity of butt hurt is awesome!

Good. They deserved it one thousand times over.

Their rule of American morally and culturally and politically is over. Praise Jesus!

Their rule of American morally and culturally and politically is over. Praise Jesus!
A nation that demands gay marriage deserves gay marriage.

Enjoy your decadence. Sin has its pleasures, but only for a season.

What do you think is going to happen after the gay season is over?

You have a problem that the law is not what you want.

Sux to be you.

That is for God to decide, not a morally weak human like you.

What do you think is going to happen after the gay season is over?
The Gay World Series.

Forum List

Back