Yes, the GOP will probably take the Senate....but

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Larry J. Sabato s Crystal Ball

"The public’s unfavorable view of the GOP, which is even greater thanthe disgust with Democrats, will likely keep the party from achieving a true sweep — and suggests the hard work ahead by the GOP in Congress and the eventual presidential nominee in 2016."

Ironically, the GOP is praying for low voter turnout and hoping apathy will rule the day. So, the GOP is more and more depending on either obstructing the right to vote or hoping that no one will vote. That is one of their last chances for survival.

1374323_728808330545557_8706241104724969859_n.jpg

There's no doubt that republicans will take the Senate – and a win is a win, regardless how it's achieved.

But the problem for most on the right is that they'll incorrectly infer that this is some sort of an 'endorsement' of republican policies, when in fact it is not. And republicans need to seriously consider the value and meaning of a victory in the context of low voter turnout, with those voting not representative of the Nation as a whole.

Democrats deserve to lose, no doubt – the consequence of their failure to get out the vote, and the propensity of most democrats to not vote during Midterms; but republicans will still have many problems they need to address, problems that will be too late to fix come 2016.

There's no doubt that republicans will take the Senate – and a win is a win, regardless how it's achieved.

But the problem for most on the right is that they'll incorrectly infer that this is some sort of an 'endorsement' of republican policies, when in fact it is not. And republicans need to seriously consider the value and meaning of a victory in the context of low voter turnout, with those voting not representative of the Nation as a whole.

Democrats deserve to lose, no doubt – the consequence of their failure to get out the vote, and the propensity of most democrats to not vote during Midterms; but republicans will still have many problems they need to address, problems that will be too late to fix come 2016.

The GOP will have 2 years to prove themselves worthy of the votes of the American people.

If they continue to play obstructionist games they will pay a heavy price in 2016.

In essence this is their last and best chance to gain some credibility. I am not holding my breath given that Cruz, et al, will be grandstanding for the GOP nomination.

The Republicans are SO unpopular that they are gonna' make gains in the House and take the Senate.

I WISH I were that unpopular!

Suppressing the vote, gerrymandering and relying upon low voter turnout is a not a viable long term strategy given the changing demographics of this nation.

The Republicans are SO unpopular that they are gonna' make gains in the House and take the Senate.

It is expected, as it has been since, I believe 1952, that a two term President's party will lose the Senate in his sixth year. The GOP will crow and plume its feathers and then go right back to be the party of obstruction and NO. They will send up some ridiculous bills which will be vetoed. In doing so, they will show the voters that they are not ready to govern. They are praying that as many people as possible stay at home tomorrow THE REPUBLICAN PLAN TO REGAIN POWER!

DO NOT VOTE! (unless you are white, and or male, and or a 1%er, and or have forgotten how they screwed up the country last time)

Our GOP has two years to make things right, or millions in our party, including me, are going to have to make a tough decision in 2016.

Our GOP has two years to make things right, or millions in our party, including me, are going to have to make a tough decision in 2016.

If they persist in their current direction they will make it an easy decision for independents like myself.

It is expected, as it has been since, I believe 1952, that a two term President's party will lose the Senate in his sixth year. The GOP will crow and plume its feathers and then go right back to be the party of obstruction and NO. They will send up some ridiculous bills which will be vetoed. In doing so, they will show the voters that they are not ready to govern. They are praying that as many people as possible stay at home tomorrow THE REPUBLICAN PLAN TO REGAIN POWER!

DO NOT VOTE! (unless you are white, and or male, and or a 1%er, and or have forgotten how they screwed up the country last time)

Actually it's every Presidential mid term, whether year two or year six. As long as there have been these two parties, whichever one holds the White House loses ground in every mid-term. There have been three exceptions since the Civil War. Other than those it's like clockwork, regardless how popular or unpopular the President or the other party.

Last edited:

The GOP will have 2 years to prove themselves worthy of the votes of the American people.

If they continue to play obstructionist games they will pay a heavy price in 2016.

In essence this is their last and best chance to gain some credibility. I am not holding my breath given that Cruz, et al, will be grandstanding for the GOP nomination.
They've had 4 years in the House and have indeed demonstrated themselves to be unworthy, another two years with control of the Senate won't change that.

"The public’s unfavorable view of the GOP, which is even greater thanthe disgust with Democrats, will likely keep the party from achieving a true sweep — and suggests the hard work ahead by the GOP in Congress and the eventual presidential nominee in 2016."

Ironically, the GOP is praying for low voter turnout and hoping apathy will rule the day. So, the GOP is more and more depending on either obstructing the right to vote or hoping that no one will vote. That is one of their last chances for survival.

Sure, but even if they hate the GOP, they won't vote for Democrats en masse. You might as well bend over and kiss the Senate goodbye.

Low voter turnout is the primary goal of voter ID laws.

The GOP will crow and plume its feathers and then go right back to be the party of obstruction and NO.

Hold on now. You've had the Senate since 2009. Just what have they done? And just who are YOU calling the "party of NO?" How many bills passed by the Republican house are sitting under Harry Reid's (soon to be vacated) desk? Funny, the Senate has acted more as an obstruction than the house.

Low voter turnout is the primary goal of voter ID laws.

I challenge you to prove such a claim.

Ironically, the GOP is praying for low voter turnout and hoping apathy will rule the day.

Sure, coming from someone who wants to grant every illegal immigrant in America citizenship, then register them to vote. Well, you may have wanted to grant amnesty before the election, Jimmy, because tomorrow is gonna be ugly, and your nest-egg of illegal voters won't be here to save you.

A monsoon of defeat will rain down upon you.

It's fun to watch all of this "weeping" and "gnashing of teeth" going on by these assholes on the Left.

Like 12 year old's it's always "someone else's" fault, not theirs.

Forum List

Back