Yet again Google doesn't commemorate Pearl Harbor Day

Commemorating Pearl Harbor Day is an "American bias" now? Has your little wannabe-Marxist act made you that anti-American? What a disgrace.

Works on the assumption I really give a shit about something that happened 70 years ago.

My "give a shit" meter doesn't have that long of a half-life.

Fact is, People in Japan use Google, too. And Google is a business.

I'm sure they are probably too bright to use Bing. It's horrible.

Shut the hell up moron

It is the soldier who salutes the flag serves beneath the flag whose coffin is draped by the flag who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag

While centered in California, Google is an international company so focusing on really specific American holidays (in which Americans don't even celebrate) does not make any sense for them. I'm sure we could find a war for everyday for some country if we wanted to.

While centered in California, Google is an international company so focusing on really specific American holidays (in which Americans don't even celebrate) does not make any sense for them. I'm sure we could find a war for everyday for some country if we wanted to.

As I recall, the google search bar is always decorated for the 4th of July.

Do you think Pearl Harbor day and the 4th of July are in the same scope of being internationally known? Independence day fireworks and concerts are all over the internet and tv. Americans generally do not even know when Pearl Harbor day is. So blaming Google for not internationally recognizing it, is not fair.

Do you think Pearl Harbor day and the 4th of July are in the same scope of being internationally known?

Why are you trying to move the goal posts? You talked about "specific American holidays."

But fine, let's take your NEW argument. I can recall google search bar decorations for Groundhog Day, Veteran's Day, and Flag Day (to name just a few). The key events of WWII are surely more well known 'internationally' than any of those.

How would you like to change your argument this time?

I think I'll ask google to make a special icon for January 17, 1893 to commemorate the American overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Well, yeah, the Fourth of July is kind of a big deal. People get that off.

So what?
After all, the Japanese only did to Hawaii what America did but the former didn't manage to invade and occupy the place.
What, didn't you know Hawaii is occupied land?

right... they didnt manage to invade and occupy..

Thats cuz we kicked their asses. I suggest you look at how well they did treat the people and places they DID manage to invade and occupy.

Commemorating Pearl Harbor Day is an "American bias" now? Has your little wannabe-Marxist act made you that anti-American? What a disgrace.

Works on the assumption I really give a shit about something that happened 70 years ago.

My "give a shit" meter doesn't have that long of a half-life.

Fact is, People in Japan use Google, too. And Google is a business.

I'm sure they are probably too bright to use Bing. It's horrible.

Shut the hell up moron

It is the soldier who salutes the flag serves beneath the flag whose coffin is draped by the flag who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag

Sorry, since our last few wars haven't really been about "Freedom", they've been about protecting the profits of big corporations.

The Iraqis weren't a threat to our freedom and neither were the Vietnamese.

You won't ever hear what used to be common when observing the December 7 anniversary of the Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, that killed or wounded 3000+ Americans and however many native Hawaiians.

Nor did they commemorate the bombing of HIroshima, where they killed some 160,000 people, most of them civilians.

I'm frankly wondering how Google could "commemorate" Pearl Harbor anyway. Make the "o" little rising suns and the L the USS Arizona?

Jesus, some times you guys just go out and find things to be upset about.

No mention from you on how Hiroshima wouldn't have happened without Pearl Harbor.

I'm pretty much in the camp that the 'leader', FDR knew the Japanese were going to attack. I give benefit of doubt on Pearl regarding specifics. I do think he could have avoided, but that would have delayed US getting into German war front. So, he didn't.

Once we agree that FDR agreed in principle to allow a Japanese hit on Americans, in order to commit us to war, we're all good.

Reminds me of someone...

So what?
After all, the Japanese only did to Hawaii what America did but the former didn't manage to invade and occupy the place.

Thats cuz we kicked their asses. I suggest you look at how well they did treat the people and places they DID manage to invade and occupy.

Do you dispute, Hawaii was invaded and occupied by the USA?

So what?

The Polynesians invaded and occupied it.

But i do love how every topic always comes back to the muslim thing with israel and "palestine"

But i do love how every topic always comes back to the muslim thing with israel and "palestine"

Does anyone teach history in American schools?
Americans living in that independent country created unrest until eventually, America claimed the land as theirs.

The American right moan on about Spanish speaking people in California but neglect to mention that's also occupied land after the US invasion of 1846.

I almost forgot about Florida, Ameilia Island and that's before you look at the forced changes of governments the US has caused.

And loads of mass murders such as Indian massacres, US troops murdering civilians for being black and using American troops to murder Americans for the crime of being on strike.

Americans living in that independent country created unrest until eventually, America claimed the land as theirs.

The American right moan on about Spanish speaking people in California but neglect to mention that's also occupied land after the US invasion of 1846.

nice diversion...

No matter how you wrap it up....your comments are still about isreal and "palistine"

:lmao:

And loads of mass murders such as Indian massacres, US troops murdering civilians for being black and using American troops to murder Americans for the crime of being on strike.

Shall we talk about arabs now? How about your jolly old homeland, england.

nice diversion...

No matter how you wrap it up....your comments are still about isreal and "palistine"

Only in your tiny mind. I'm expressing my disagreement with the OP because the kingdom of Hawaii is a US occupied area, therefore, no worries if US troops are killed there by a force doing pretty much what you did.
If you hadn't invaded, no pearl harbour, no dead Americans.

nice diversion...

As for diversion, your lie, not mine.

Forum List

Back