Yet some still question why Michigan needs an Emergency Financial Manager...

FDR laughed at the idea of public sector unions. Yet Reagan signed borderline criminal pay parity bills without requiring ANY parity in retirement benefits. That set the wild-eyed spending standard state and local morons followed down the drain.

Detroit has big problems, as do other state and local jurisdictions suffering from decades of similar wild-eyed spending binges since Reagan set the standard. The only hope Detroit has of getting something right going back thirty years is being a successful example of how to fix what ReagaNUT-grade government pensions and spending are doing to state and local governments across the nation.

What? Reagan fired air traffic controlers, busted that union up, now the left is saying he is the cause of cities and blue state budgets out of control with Union contracts?

No, the left isn't saying that. The evidence is.

Reagan was a a showman playing to the stupidest white trash who ever voted against their own interests (very much like his spiritual heir, Junebug Bush, conned many of the same people and their similarly mentally defective children a generation later).

The FACT is Reagan TRIPLED the national debt and he did that by increasing government pay and benefits (buying into "pay parity" without even thinking about the costs of pensions means Reagan himself may have had some white trash instincts). Reagan was the biggest peacetime deficit spender after the civil war before Junebug Bush aped ReagaNUTics into crashing the global economy.

Next.
There isn't much there. Reagan and his policies were wisely carried out by Clinton and the reason the US didn't collapse sooner. Trying to blame Reagan 25 year on, or even Bush II five years on, is essentially trying to excuse a lightweight who has certainly had enough time and spent more than enough money to turn things around.

Last edited:
We can agree Obama is a lightweight who is failing as many Americans as he helps. His policies help the top 25% minor professionals and people feeding at the trough of government, and protect most of the bottom 25%. Obama's policies do nothing to advance earning horsepower for the middle 50% of Americans. After saving GM he's done nothing to promote rebuilding US industry.

ReagaNUT economic policies executed by Clinton and Junebug led directly to the crash of 2008 - which elected Obama. You dance around ReagaNUTics but don't seem to want to admit that debt-fueled bubbles and mini crashes from 1986 on led to the giant crash of 2008.

Debt is bad. What presidents and what policies broke the bank to the extent the public got fed up enough to elect someone like Obama? Clinton was the lucky one, the one who enjoyed the bubble. None of them executed competent policy.

And of course neither has Obama.

Last edited:
FDR laughed at the idea of public sector unions. Yet Reagan signed borderline criminal pay parity bills without requiring ANY parity in retirement benefits. That set the wild-eyed spending standard state and local morons followed down the drain.

Detroit has big problems, as do other state and local jurisdictions suffering from decades of similar wild-eyed spending binges since Reagan set the standard. The only hope Detroit has of getting something right going back thirty years is being a successful example of how to fix what ReagaNUT-grade government pensions and spending are doing to state and local governments across the nation.

What? Reagan fired air traffic controlers, busted that union up, now the left is saying he is the cause of cities and blue state budgets out of control with Union contracts?

Reagan was a a showman playing to a nation confused by Vietnam, Nixon and oil shortages. Ultimately he conned them into supporting policies that led directly to 2008's crash (very much like his spiritual heir, Junebug Bush, conned many of the same people a generation later into supporting policies that made the crash certain).

The FACT is Reagan TRIPLED the national debt and he did that by increasing government pay and benefits (buying into "pay parity" without even thinking about the costs of pensions was pretty stupid). Reagan was the biggest peacetime deficit spender after the civil war before Junebug Bush aped ReagaNUTics into crashing the global economy

Not defending Reagan but there is a lot more to your blatant partisan spin on this. All sides pretty much share part of the blame and a lot of that deficit was due to his huge tax cut. Eventually he was pressured to raise taxes by a bi-partisan coalition and it was one of the largest tax hikes in history. Pretty typical politicking...... Ya might want to get your material from multiple sources unless it's your intention to play the partisan pundit. If so then by all means, hack on.......

Reagan was a a showman playing to a nation confused by Vietnam, Nixon and oil shortages. Ultimately he conned them into supporting policies that led directly to 2008's crash (very much like his spiritual heir, Junebug Bush, conned many of the same people a generation later into supporting policies that made the crash certain).

The FACT is Reagan TRIPLED the national debt and he did that by increasing government pay and benefits (buying into "pay parity" without even thinking about the costs of pensions was pretty stupid). Reagan was the biggest peacetime deficit spender after the civil war before Junebug Bush aped ReagaNUTics into crashing the global economy

Not defending Reagan but there is a lot more to your blatant partisan spin on this. All sides pretty much share part of the blame and a lot of that deficit was due to his huge tax cut. Eventually he was pressured to raise taxes by a bi-partisan coalition and it was one of the largest tax hikes in history. Pretty typical politicking...... Ya might want to get your material from multiple sources unless it's your intention to play the partisan pundit. If so then by all means, hack on.......

Partisan spin? My sources are mostly up to the second business publications with conservative writers like Barlett and Steele supplying detail and liberal writers like Tiabbi supplying current insights.

My feelings for Reagan and Obama are contempt and disgust. Both of them are/were fools. I loathe Clinton and Junebug Bush, two of the most despicable presidents in US history. All four of these presidents executed debt-fueled voodoo economics and now the chickens have come home to roost. Reagan did everything I wrote exactly as I wrote, and the results were exactly what I wrote.

If you want to see the partisan hack posting here, look in a mirror. And the next time you challenge a fact I post, consider posting your contrasting "fact". Or move along. It is tiresome to read drive-by challenges supported by emotional fantasy or Fox News.

Last edited:

Partisan spin?

My feelings for Reagan and Obama are contempt and disgust. I loathe Clinton and Junebug Bush. All four of these presidents executed debt-fueled voodoo economics and now the chickens have come home to roost. Reagan did everything I wrote exactly as I wrote, and the results were exactly what I wrote.

If you want to see the partisan hack posting here, look in a mirror. And the next time you challenge a fact I post, consider posting your contrasting "fact". Or move along. It is tiresome to read drive-by challenges supported by emotional fantasy or Fox News.
Okay Sparky, first off link your own "fact" claims and I'll consider linking my own. You're protestations notwithstanding only hacks blame one side or the other for complex occurrences so I'm not buying your bull shit. Your reference to Fox News is further proof that you're nothing less than a blind hack as well as you're attempt to label me as a right winger by association....... You're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

[Or move along. It is tiresome to read drive-by challenges supported by emotional fantasy or Fox News.
Do you have any idea how tiresome it is to hear the emotionally-challenged "Fox News" excuse? That is more than spent.

Partisan spin? My sources are mostly up to the second business publications with conservative writers like Barlett and Steele supplying detail and liberal writers like Tiabbi supplying current insights.

My feelings for Reagan and Obama are contempt and disgust. Both of them are/were fools. I loathe Clinton and Junebug Bush, two of the most despicable presidents in US history. All four of these presidents executed debt-fueled voodoo economics and now the chickens have come home to roost. Reagan did everything I wrote exactly as I wrote, and the results were exactly what I wrote.

not a bad couple of posts. but yea like a poster wrote wish you didnt throw fox news into it.

MI is a sewer tank and Detroit is the drain.

If the dems refuse to save the city and state, then someone has to.

don't like it?

Move to detroit, and become an urban farmer. Make sure to squat in a house with a fire place, so you can keep warm and cook food.

Reagonomics

lets be clear shall we

his ideas led to the longest and greatest growth of any country in recorded history.

25 years

That's the record and well above standard.

MI is a sewer tank and Detroit is the drain.

If the dems refuse to save the city and state, then someone has to.

don't like it?

Move to detroit, and become an urban farmer. Make sure to squat in a house with a fire place, so you can keep warm and cook food.

Bring lots of sand bags, two rows thick, stacked high aught to be enough to stop the bullets.

Last edited:
What an unbelievable power grab. Doesn't matter if the people elect their mayors, school boards, etc. A governor can simply throw them out and install a flunky. Why even have elections anymore? Just crown the governor already.

By most state consitutions, power is established at the state level first, then devolves down to the level of county, town and city/village/hamlet etc. Your primary input into how the government works is at the state level, via state-wide executive, judicial, and legislative elections.

All lower forms of government function as per the state's constitution, and are subordinate to the state. The state, via legislative lawmaking and executive action has every right to remove some of the powers granted to lower levels of government (as long as it is in the State's consitution).

Power does not flow from small to bigger. Power starts at the state level, with some powers devolved to lower forms, and some powers granted to the federal government via the consitution.

Public service unions are destroying this country. The states that battled them and won did the right thing and will come out ahead eventually.

Giving corporations a free ride on the backs of the middle class are destroying this country.

Public service unions are destroying this country. The states that battled them and won did the right thing and will come out ahead eventually.

Giving corporations a free ride on the backs of the middle class are destroying this country.

Who's doing that? WTF are you even blabbering about? Do you even know?

Lots of states and communities do that. They offer free land and/or significant tax breaks to corporations to locate their businesses or factories in their communities. The community provides all these free services and land, while the taxpayers and other businesses are footing the bill. Corporate welfare. Socialization of costs, privatization of profits. Great deal for these businesses, not so great for everyone else.

Lots of states and communities do that. They offer free land and/or significant tax breaks to corporations to locate their businesses or factories in their communities. The community provides all these free services and land, while the taxpayers and other businesses are footing the bill. Corporate welfare. Socialization of costs, privatization of profits. Great deal for these businesses, not so great for everyone else.

Except that no doubt is not what he had in mind. If states and locales want to do that and voters re-elect those fools then more power to them. The reps sell it as a way to get jobs and industry into the local economy. They might be right. It is certainly cheaper "stimulus" than anything Washington has provided.

Just your basic cluster fuck there. The unions got in bed with the democrat politicians, and for decades together they screwed over everyone else. It's gonna end up in a court room; Obama may decide to intervene and bail 'em out short term, but eventually they're going under.

If THIS had been an honest man, he could have helped save Detroit. Instead, he helped destroy it............

Kwame Kilpatrick ran racket as Detroit mayor with extortion, bribery, kickbacks, jury decides

Witnesses told of Kilpatrick’s lavish lifestyle — complete with luxury vacations, custom-made suits and golf outings — despite being at the helm of a city so broke it’s on the verge of a state-appointed emergency financial manager to right its finances
Kwame Kilpatrick ran racket as Detroit mayor with extortion, bribery, kickbacks, jury decides | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Detroit is a hell hole....

or they just end up leaving the U.S. and thats what thed left hates they want personal freedom an want to force companys to stay so they can tax the heck out of them

Last edited:

Forum List

Back