Yikes, sky dad...morals are absolute, though

Thinking that faith can lead to empirical evidence.
How is that wrong? If you practice faith and test it you can observe what happens and gather the information from that.
Faith is the belief is something unprovable. So it can't lead to empirical evidence.
No. Faith is having complete trust in something.

Practicing ones faith can lead to empirical evidence. I've been telling you for a long time now. Faith in God will alter the fabric of your identity. You will literally change as a person. It can totally be observed and measured.
That’s not empirical evidence of god.
Wait...so, just calling something evidence does not make it so?
What evidence do you need or expect?

How is that wrong? If you practice faith and test it you can observe what happens and gather the information from that.
Faith is the belief is something unprovable. So it can't lead to empirical evidence.

Practicing ones faith can lead to empirical evidence. I've been telling you for a long time now. Faith in God will alter the fabric of your identity. You will literally change as a person. It can totally be observed and measured.
Of what?

Thinking that faith can lead to empirical evidence.

Why not?
Because faith in something unproven can’t prove said unproven thing.

Why not?
But observable and measurable changes in yourself can. :smile:

Of what?
The changes in oneself when they have a personal relationship with the Living God.

Why not?
Self-delusion is only proof of gullibility, at best. It in no way proves god. Please try again.

Of what?
The changes in oneself when they have a personal relationship with the Living God.
You mean like priests fucking little boys in the ass?

Why not?
Self-delusion is only proof of gullibility, at best. It in no way proves god. Please try again.
So actually transforming yourself into a better version of yourself is a delusion.

Of what?
There were something like 200 priests that fit the description of pedophiles. The rest were like you, confused homosexuals who felt alienated by society. None of them had any business being a priest.

No, you have faith in a delusion, a god made man made matzo made by human hands, a figment of your unrestrained imagination, what scripture clearly teaches is not and cannot be God.
Since you keep bringing this up, it bears repeating... once again.

Let me see if I can break this down for you.

You don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

Well you are right about one thing...

I will never know what its like to go through life with all of that maudlin garbage about an unequalled coequal God that became a man that became a cheap snack food that you have swallowed without thinking deeply about it at all in my head...
Or a relationship with the living God.

There is no such thing as a living God that can be turned into a lifeless matzo by a priest at mass.

Its a sick perverse ancient roman joke, a demonstration of hatred for the Hebrew God, a defiant rebellion against his law, and a deliberate desecration of what Jesus taught, the Actual Body of Christ.

You have exchanged your birthright as a thinking human being for a bowl of fairy tale porridge, the living God for a lifeless matzo made by human hands that you eat and then crap down the toilet without ever getting any smarter.

You don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

This is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he can manifest himself in potato salad.

And since I do not believe that God is present in potato salad I will never experience God firsthand when I eat potato salad.

And since I will never have a firsthand experience of God in potato salad I will never have proof that he is in the potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....

You are a very sick man...

Last edited:

I will never know what its like to go through life with all of that maudlin garbage about an unequalled coequal God that became a man that became a cheap snack food that you have swallowed without thinking deeply about it at all in my head...

There is no such thing as a living God that can be turned into a lifeless matzo by a priest at mass.

Its a sick perverse ancient roman joke, a demonstration of hatred for the Hebrew God, a defiant rebellion against his law, and a deliberate desecration of what Jesus taught, the Actual Body of Christ.

You have exchanged your birthright as a thinking human being for a bowl of fairy tale porridge, the living God for a lifeless matzo made by human hands that you eat and then crap down the toilet without ever getting any smarter.

This is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he is present in potato salad.

And since I do not believe that God is present in potato salad I will never experience God firsthand when I eat potato salad.

And since I will never have a firsthand experience of God in potato salad I will never have proof that he is in the potato salad.

No. That is your logic. My logic and my faith leads to God responding to my initiation. You make no such attempt. I am the prodigal son so to speak. The father was was waiting for the son to return. The son had to make the first move though. But when he did, the father came rushing at him with open arms. You are the older brother who is stewing in his juices. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me, Martha.

This is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he is present in potato salad.

No. That is your logic. My logic and my faith leads to God responding to my initiation. You make no such attempt. I am the prodigal son so to speak. The father was was waiting for the son to return. The son had to make the first move though. But when he did, the father came rushing at him with open arms. You are the older brother who is stewing in his juices. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me, Martha.

No, it is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he can manifest himself in potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....You are not the prodigal son. The prodigal son repented.

You are a very sick man...more like the Gerasene demoniac who found his place in a herd of swine that has been stampeding off a cliff and being dashed into pieces on the rocks for the past two thousand years....

Last edited:
Why not?
So actually transforming yourself into a better version of yourself is a delusion.
No, but believing in Santa Claus as a reason to make yourself a better person is.

Of what?
There were something like 200 priests that fit the description of pedophiles. The rest were like you, confused homosexuals who felt alienated by society. None of them had any business being a priest.
So you're saying that they didn't have a relationship with god?

No, but believing in Santa Claus as a reason to make yourself a better person is.
The empirical evidence is when you do it because you believed.

Of what?
So you're saying that they didn't have a relationship with god?
It isn't a static event. It is dynamic. At any point you can be moving towards God, moving away from God or static. Only one is an active and fruitful relationship.

This is your logic.

No, it is your logic.

Let me break it down for you....You are not the prodigal son. The prodigal son repented.

You are a very sick man...more like the Gerasene demoniac who found his place in a herd of swine that has been stampeding off a cliff and being dashed into pieces on the rocks for the past two thousand years....
Your analogy is flawed. What I have described is based upon history and tradition that was passed down orally.

You will never be able to test it because you lack faith.

This is your logic.

No, it is your logic.

I couldn't have been more of the prodigal son if I had tried.

In the context of this discussion, repent means to change your mind. It comes from the Greek word "metanoia."

Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

Believing that the Living God was born into this world to testify to the truth and believing He manifests Himself into the Host for no other reason than we have faith that He will manifest Himself into the Host for no other reason than we ask Him, is the most powerful tool we have in repenting. It literally makes me want to change for Him. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you don't believe it is possible he would be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer for us. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you lack faith in God.

Last edited:

This is your logic.

No, it is your logic.

I couldn't have been more of the prodigal son if I had tried.

In the context of this discussion, repent means to change your mind. It comes from the Greek word "metanoia."

Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

Believing that the Living God was born into this world to testify to the truth and believing He manifests Himself into the Host for no other reason than we have faith that He will manifest Himself into the Host for no other reason than we ask Him, is the most powerful tool we have in repenting. It literally makes me want to change for Him. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you don't believe it is possible he would be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer for us. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you lack faith in God.
Cherry picking the bible again?

Forum List

Back