Yikes, sky dad...morals are absolute, though

Since you keep bringing this up, it bears repeating... once again.

Let me see if I can break this down for you.

You don't believe that it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth.

So since you don't believe it is possible that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth, you don't believe it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host.

And since you don't believe that it is possible for God to manifest himself into the Host, God will never manifest himself into the Host for you, and you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself.

And since you will never be able to experience Him firsthand for yourself, you will never be able to prove to yourself that it is true.

But you will continue to insult, criticize and question the veracity of those that have.

This is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he is present in potato salad.

And since I do not believe that God is present in potato salad I will never experience God firsthand when I eat potato salad.

And since I will never have a firsthand experience of God in potato salad I will never have proof that he is in the potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....

You are a very sick man...
No. That is your logic. My logic and my faith leads to God responding to my initiation. You make no such attempt. I am the prodigal son so to speak. The father was was waiting for the son to return. The son had to make the first move though. But when he did, the father came rushing at him with open arms. You are the older brother who is stewing in his juices. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me, Martha.

No, it is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he can manifest himself in potato salad.

And since I do not believe that God is present in potato salad I will never experience God firsthand when I eat potato salad.

And since I will never have a firsthand experience of God in potato salad I will never have proof that he is in the potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....You are not the prodigal son. The prodigal son repented.

You are a very sick man...more like the Gerasene demoniac who found his place in a herd of swine that has been stampeding off a cliff and being dashed into pieces on the rocks for the past two thousand years....
I couldn't have been more of the prodigal son if I had tried.

In the context of this discussion, repent means to change your mind. It comes from the Greek word "metanoia."

Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

Believing that the Living God was born into this world to testify to the truth and believing He manifests Himself into the Host for no other reason than we have faith that He will manifest Himself into the Host for no other reason than we ask Him, is the most powerful tool we have in repenting. It literally makes me want to change for Him. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you don't believe it is possible he would be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer for us. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you lack faith in God.
Cherry picking the bible again?
Not at all. You tell me what repenting means, Taz. How's that?

This is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he is present in potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....

You are a very sick man...
No. That is your logic. My logic and my faith leads to God responding to my initiation. You make no such attempt. I am the prodigal son so to speak. The father was was waiting for the son to return. The son had to make the first move though. But when he did, the father came rushing at him with open arms. You are the older brother who is stewing in his juices. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me, Martha.

No, it is your logic.

You say that I do not believe that God can choose to be become a computer and since I do not believe that God can become a computer I don't not believe it is possible that he can manifest himself in potato salad.

Let me break it down for you....You are not the prodigal son. The prodigal son repented.

You are a very sick man...more like the Gerasene demoniac who found his place in a herd of swine that has been stampeding off a cliff and being dashed into pieces on the rocks for the past two thousand years....

In the context of this discussion, repent means to change your mind. It comes from the Greek word "metanoia."

Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

Believing that the Living God was born into this world to testify to the truth and believing He manifests Himself into the Host for no other reason than we have faith that He will manifest Himself into the Host for no other reason than we ask Him, is the most powerful tool we have in repenting. It literally makes me want to change for Him. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you don't believe it is possible he would be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer for us. You cannot grasp what I am talking about because you lack faith in God.
You don't believe in a worldwide flood yet you believe this other nonsense from the bible, that's called cherry picking.

Repenting would be when you admit that all this god stuff in unproven wishful thinking.

No, it is your logic.

You don't believe in a worldwide flood yet you believe this other nonsense from the bible, that's called cherry picking.

Repenting would be when you admit that all this god stuff in unproven wishful thinking.
I believe there was a catastrophe flood that at least covered the world they knew.

But I have tested it and found it to be true. You have no faith so it will never be true for you.

No, it is your logic.

I believe there was a catastrophe flood that at least covered the world they knew.

But I have tested it and found it to be true. You have no faith so it will never be true for you.
Exactly, you don't believe the bible as it's written. making you a cherry picker.

Its not about me not grasping what you are talking about. I simply reject it as the garbage that fills the confused mind of a person who either does not or cannot think very deeply.

If you were the prodigal son you are still at the part in the story where you have settled for minimum wage feeding garbage to swine except in your case, unlike the prodigal son in the story, you have eaten the same garbage fed to unclean creatures that do not ruminate instead of returning to God.

Repentance would be you rejecting the idolatrous worship of a human being.

Last edited:

Its not about me not grasping what you are talking about. I simply reject it as the garbage that fills the confused mind of a person who either does not or cannot think very deeply.

If you were the prodigal son you are still at the part in the story where you have settled for minimum wage feeding garbage to swine except in your case, unlike the prodigal son in the story, you have eaten the same garbage fed to unclean creatures that do not ruminate instead of returning to God.

Repentance would be you rejecting the idolatrous worship of a human being.
I have chosen the better portion. It will not be taken away. You have no faith in God so you don't believe that God loves us so much that he would be born into this world, testify to the truth and suffer for us. You have no faith in God so you don't believe God would manifest Himself into the Host just because of faith.

You will never experience what I have experienced because you lack faith in God.

You can't grasp the power of faith.

Last edited:

Exactly, you don't believe the bible as it's written. making you a cherry picker.
You are not at peace, Taz. It's obvious.

At least I'm not cherry picking in fantasyland, I'm keeping my quest real.

You absolutely do cherry pick

Was that you acknowledging you are not at peace?

I'm on the same eternal quest most people are on, but at least I keep it real.

You are being pruned like everyone else, but that doesn't mean you are on a quest.

If you kept it real then you wouldn't be so fake.

You are being pruned like everyone else, but that doesn't mean you are on a quest.

What does I am being pruned mean?

That you have to ask means the best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.

Genocide is okay.

Genesis 7:21-23,
21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth.Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

2 Chronicles 13:15-18
15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. At the sound of their battle cry, God routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.16 The Israelites fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hands. 17 Abijah and his troops inflicted heavy losses on them, so that there were five hundred thousand casualties among Israel’s able men.18 The Israelites were subdued on that occasion, and the people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.

Baby killing? Heads in sand, please.

Exodus 12:29
29 At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstbornin Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well

2 Kings 2:23-24
Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Judges 11:30-39
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter.35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

Judges actually has a large number of these abhorrent stories, like God gave someone the power to slaughter 30-men because he lost a bet.

What's to come oh...God will kill a 3rd of mankind(revelations). :lol:

The Bible is actually a pretty funny place to derive one's morals. Especially the morals from the Era of Moses :eek: but for God, morals are relative to the times and not absolutes :rolleyes:

The stuff I've read about how God found fit for women to be treated is outright ridiculous, too. Holy moly!~

And baby torture, condoning rape, stoning, slavery.....dude's a wreck. Morally.

My views on morals more-so align with Sam Harris, not Biblical God. Some of his quotes are as follows:

“If our well-being depends upon the interaction between events in our brains and events in the world, and there are better and worse ways to secure it, then some cultures will tend to produce lives that are more worth living than others; some political persuasions will be more enlightened than others; and some world views will be mistaken in ways that cause needless human misery.”

“Just as there is no such thing as Christian physics or Muslim Algebra, we will see that there is no such thing as Christian or Muslim morality.”

“The fact that millions of people use the term "morality" as a synonym for religious dogmatism, racism, sexism, or other failures of insight and compassion should not oblige us to merely accept their terminology until the end of time.”

“Our sense of our own freedom results from our not paying attention to what it is actually like to be what we are. The moment we do pay attention, we begin to see that free will is nowhere to be found, and our subjectivity is perfectly compatible with this truth. Thoughts and actions simply arise in the mind. What else could they do? The truth about us is stranger than many suppose: The illusion of free will is itself an illusion.”
Sam Harris, The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values
2 likes
“most of the research done on happiness suggests that people actually become less happy when they have children and do not begin to approach their prior level of happiness until their children leave home.”
2 likes
“We must continually remind ourselves that there is a difference between what is natural and what is actually good for us. Cancer is perfectly natural, and yet its eradication is a primary goal of modern medicine. Evolution may have selected for territorial violence, rape, and other patently unethical behaviors as strategies to propagate one’s genes—but our collective well-being clearly depends on our opposing such natural tendencies.”
1) You quote the Old Testament so your problem is with Judaism not Christianity. For Christians the Gospels should be at the center. The OT contains some primitive ideas about God alongside profound ideas.
2) Why do atheist fan-boys worship Sam Harris?? Harris doesn’t respect freedom, how could he when he doesn’t think freedom is real? Harris poses as a rational thinker but he is motivated by primitive ethnic blood lust. He is Jewish and thrilled by the prospect of torturing Muslims and bombing Muslim children. Harris also favors white supremacism.

Sam Harris, uncovered

Sam Harris is racist - The Progressive Pub

Last edited:
Genocide is okay.

21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died.23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth.Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark.

15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. At the sound of their battle cry, God routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.16 The Israelites fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hands. 17 Abijah and his troops inflicted heavy losses on them, so that there were five hundred thousand casualties among Israel’s able men.18 The Israelites were subdued on that occasion, and the people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.

29 At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstbornin Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well

Elisha Is Jeered
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the Lord gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of timbrels! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter.35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, “Oh no, my daughter! You have brought me down and I am devastated. I have made a vow to the Lord that I cannot break.

36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the Lord. Do to me just as you promised, now that the Lord has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father, and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

Judges actually has a large number of these abhorrent stories, like God gave someone the power to slaughter 30-men because he lost a bet.

The Bible is actually a pretty funny place to derive one's morals. Especially the morals from the Era of Moses :eek: but for God, morals are relative to the times and not absolutes :rolleyes:

The stuff I've read about how God found fit for women to be treated is outright ridiculous, too. Holy moly!~

My views on morals more-so align with Sam Harris, not Biblical God. Some of his quotes are as follows:

“If our well-being depends upon the interaction between events in our brains and events in the world, and there are better and worse ways to secure it, then some cultures will tend to produce lives that are more worth living than others; some political persuasions will be more enlightened than others; and some world views will be mistaken in ways that cause needless human misery.”

“Just as there is no such thing as Christian physics or Muslim Algebra, we will see that there is no such thing as Christian or Muslim morality.”

“The fact that millions of people use the term "morality" as a synonym for religious dogmatism, racism, sexism, or other failures of insight and compassion should not oblige us to merely accept their terminology until the end of time.”

“Our sense of our own freedom results from our not paying attention to what it is actually like to be what we are. The moment we do pay attention, we begin to see that free will is nowhere to be found, and our subjectivity is perfectly compatible with this truth. Thoughts and actions simply arise in the mind. What else could they do? The truth about us is stranger than many suppose: The illusion of free will is itself an illusion.”
2 likes
“most of the research done on happiness suggests that people actually become less happy when they have children and do not begin to approach their prior level of happiness until their children leave home.”
2 likes
“We must continually remind ourselves that there is a difference between what is natural and what is actually good for us. Cancer is perfectly natural, and yet its eradication is a primary goal of modern medicine. Evolution may have selected for territorial violence, rape, and other patently unethical behaviors as strategies to propagate one’s genes—but our collective well-being clearly depends on our opposing such natural tendencies.”
1) You quote the Old Testament so your problem is with Judaism not Christianity. For Christians the Gospels should be at the center. The OT contains some primitive ideas about God alongside profound ideas.
2) Why do atheist fan-boys worship Sam Harris??? Harris doesn’t respect freedom, how could he when he doesn’t think freedom is real? Harris poses as a rational thinker but he is motivated by primitive ethnic blood lust. He is Jewish and thrilled by the prospect of torturing Muslims and bombing Muslim children. Harris is also a white supremacist.

Harris is neither of those things, and he's taken out of context quite often to try to pull the wool over folks' eyes while all he does is point to the exact iterations of the Religions which he derides.

To your first point, the OP was for folks who believe the Bible is the inspired word of God - obviously if you're a verse cherry picker, a literalist sometimes and not others, then the OP isn't the discussion for you. I'm not so sure why that's difficult to understand, it's not like you're about to posit to me that there's not folks who take the scriptures 100% literally.

Genocide is okay.

Elisha Is Jeered

2 likes
2 likes
2) Why do atheist fan-boys worship Sam Harris?? Harris doesn’t respect freedom, how could he when he doesn’t think freedom is real? Harris poses as a rational thinker but he is motivated by primitive ethnic blood lust. He is Jewish and thrilled by the prospect of torturing Muslims and bombing Muslim children. Harris is also a white supremacist.

Sam Harris, uncovered

I am not surprised Sam Harris believes the mind is limited by genetics. I see it more like a muscle that can be exercised and strengthened. Do some people have a genetic advantage? Probably, but that in no way limits the potential of others or implies that certain classes of people have a genetic advantage over other classes of people.

That you have to ask means the best you can hope for is to suffer without complaint.
More nonsense.

More nonsense.
Not at all. If you see no higher meaning in your suffering then there is no higher meaning in your suffering. If you see higher meaning in your suffering then your sacrifice takes on a new meaning and changes your attitude.

Genocide is okay.

Elisha Is Jeered

2 likes
2 likes
2) Why do atheist fan-boys worship Sam Harris?? Harris doesn’t respect freedom, how could he when he doesn’t think freedom is real? Harris poses as a rational thinker but he is motivated by primitive ethnic blood lust. He is Jewish and thrilled by the prospect of torturing Muslims and bombing Muslim children. Harris is also a white supremacist.

Sam Harris, uncovered

I am not surprised Sam Harris believes the mind is limited by genetics. I see it more like a muscle that can be exercised and strengthened. Do some people have a genetic advantage? Probably, but that in no way limits the potential of others or implies that certain classes of people have a genetic advantage over other classes of people.
Some people DO have a genetic advantage over others, your god made us that way, didn't he?

More nonsense.
Not at all. If you see no higher meaning in your suffering then there is no higher meaning in your suffering. If you see higher meaning in your suffering then your sacrifice takes on a new meaning and changes your attitude.
What if i already have a good attitude?

Forum List

Back