Yikes, sky dad...morals are absolute, though

There is nothing relativistic about people receiving the consequences of their actions, GT.

rape and genocide and baby killing are ok as punishments?

im not saying yes or no...

im saying youre saying yes, therefore calling them relative

youre not that bright

ding argued morals are relative based on the situation

on the internet

:lol:
No. I am arguing that it shouldn't be a surprise when what goes around comes around, GT. You want utopia. It doesn't exist.

youre not that bright
I am saying that if that is how you have been behaving to others, it shouldn't be a shock when it gets done to you.

youre not that bright
I am saying that if that is how you have been behaving to others, it shouldn't be a shock when it gets done to you.
You are all over the place.

This discussion is that if its "good" when god committed genocide..

then youre calling that particular moral, by definition

i know you dont understand, but ther folks will...you made the OP case and did so unwittingly

this was an epic win tbh

youre not that bright
You are all over the place.

This discussion is that if its "good" when god committed genocide..

then youre calling that particular moral, by definition

i know you dont understand, but ther folks will...you made the OP case and did so unwittingly

this was an epic win tbh
The fact that our notion of God is challenged by the Bible is a sure sign that the God revealed within the pages of Scripture is real. Lewis went on to say, “My idea of God is not a divine idea. It has to be shattered time after time. He shatters it himself. He is the great iconoclast. Could we not almost say that this shattering is one of the marks of His presence?" Instead of rejecting God because we don’t like what the Bible reveals about him, we seek to understand more deeply who he is.

We live in a logical universe where every effect had a cause. There is a self compensating feature at work that is beyond our ability to grasp. We have incomplete knowledge, but if we look around and are honest with ourselves we will see that everything does indeed work for good.

The irony is that the morals and values Judaeo-Christianity produced in our society have led to the righteous indignation and high horse behaviors of those who reject Judaeo-Christianity.

But that's what happens when one creates a strawman argument.

It would be exceedingly strange if an omniscient being did not immeasurably exceed our grasp of such matters. William Alston

My argument was affirmed by Dong, on the internet, who didnt even realize what he was doing when he did it.

When you assert that incomplete knowledge implies that gods genocide, rape, baby killing and slavery may somehow be justified..

in gods infinite wisdom...

at the same time you are affirming that those morals are not absolutes, but can probably in some cases be justified by an all knowing deity.

The species "ding," unaware he just drew said conclusion, then goes onto flail about cause, effect, incomplete knowledge and strawmen all after having outright affirmed the OP.

You can usually clear cut crush it in debates on the internet like that ~ but this one was funny as fuuuUUuck :lol:

I usually let my arguments declare my victory. If I have to tell someone I won, I didn't win.

I usually let my arguments declare my victory. If I have to tell someone I won, I didn't win.
This is a conundrum/irony, because it declares what you said you dont daclare all in one dingerred sentence.

It would be exceedingly strange if an omniscient being did not immeasurably exceed our grasp of such matters. William Alston
Aren't we made in it's image?
Man you trigger ding in every thread in this forum - do you not know he's just gunna copy paste the same bumper sticker crap he posted to you the last 8, 000 times?

In apostate Israel, who but a few patriarchs and priests, spaced far and wide, might have had any connection to God?

"None are righteous. No, not one."

An idolatrous nation. Like their pagan neighbors, morally relativistic. Genocide, rape, polygamy, etc. was just the way it was in the world. So alluring were pagan ways that the Israelites even had a law for killing their own unfaithful (Dt 13:6-10).

Not so now. The law has changed. The priesthood has changed. God has not. He was just absent back then.

Forum List

Back