Yikes, sky dad...morals are absolute, though

Good news indeed.

in the meantime, why would any rational person appoint any person in a state of cognitive dissonance to a position of authority or public trust when their openly professed beliefs demonstrate an inability to be honest or think rationally..

How could they be expected to do anything except fuck it all up?
Because that is the exact way that many of the aforementioned de-converts came around to seeing things more rationally/reasonably. I can testify to witnessing it myself....

I'm not appointing anyone of anything - I'm simply poking holes into bad arguments and planting seeds of doubt, and whether those who profess to deny such seeds know it or not, they're in some sense cognitive beings that will then rationalize these things in their own way and there's always a chance they do-so logically.

Planting seeds of doubt?

lol... you devil you...

I understand what you are saying and doing.. Nothing wrong with that..

I was just wondering aloud how rational people could accept being subjugated by the irrational people who openly tout what amounts to mental illness as being their best quality on their resume ...
By not considering it subjugation, to start.
Boredom, to continue.
Finally, because I think it's moral to do, in and of itself. I have children, and I'd consider threatening them through exposure to the scripts of many of the man-made Religions at an impressionable age is child abuse. So the less of these literalists there are the better, in my opinion. Being dogmatic is not a virtue and it has made the world reserve some of its true potential.

Literalists are out there in droves in a state of hysteria because Jesus is coming and all that.

You must have noticed real devils and demons taking advantage of that to usurp positions of authority even over you and your objections.
lol well, probably not since I don't believe in devils and demons.

The bottom line is, what folks think their position is is irrelevant to how I personally consider them so there's no actual harm done, intellectually or non, to decry their bad ideas right in front of their faces to their denials and gnashing. I don't lose anything but time, which is actually something I'm here to kill :)

I understand that in scripture the devil, the talking serpent in the fairy tale, is a metaphor for a specific human archetype, as are demons, vultures, wolves, dogs, swine, worms, maggots, etc.

if you understand what Satan represents, you will see him and his brood disguised as angels of light, openly desecrating all that is good and holy from the lowest to the highest places in society.

Believe what you see.

Because that is the exact way that many of the aforementioned de-converts came around to seeing things more rationally/reasonably. I can testify to witnessing it myself....

I'm not appointing anyone of anything - I'm simply poking holes into bad arguments and planting seeds of doubt, and whether those who profess to deny such seeds know it or not, they're in some sense cognitive beings that will then rationalize these things in their own way and there's always a chance they do-so logically.

Planting seeds of doubt?

lol... you devil you...

I was just wondering aloud how rational people could accept being subjugated by the irrational people who openly tout what amounts to mental illness as being their best quality on their resume ...
Boredom, to continue.
Finally, because I think it's moral to do, in and of itself. I have children, and I'd consider threatening them through exposure to the scripts of many of the man-made Religions at an impressionable age is child abuse. So the less of these literalists there are the better, in my opinion. Being dogmatic is not a virtue and it has made the world reserve some of its true potential.

Literalists are out there in droves in a state of hysteria because Jesus is coming and all that.

You must have noticed real devils and demons taking advantage of that to usurp positions of authority even over you and your objections.

The bottom line is, what folks think their position is is irrelevant to how I personally consider them so there's no actual harm done, intellectually or non, to decry their bad ideas right in front of their faces to their denials and gnashing. I don't lose anything but time, which is actually something I'm here to kill :)

I understand that the devil, the talking serpent in the fairy tale, is a metaphor for a specific human archetype, as are demons, vultures, worms, ghouls, etc.

if you understand what Satan represents, you will see him and his brood disguised as angels of light, openly desecrating all that is good and holy from the lowest to the highest places in society.
It's an interpretation, that Satan merely represents life as a metaphor.....but taking even that on "Faith" is the same dogmatic reasoning that leads some to believe in the Literal interpretations of these convoluted, often contradictory texts. It hoists yourself into a position that's wholly un-achievable, which is mind-reading the intent of the writers of the Centuries old book.

Planting seeds of doubt?

lol... you devil you...

Boredom, to continue.

I understand that the devil, the talking serpent in the fairy tale, is a metaphor for a specific human archetype, as are demons, vultures, worms, ghouls, etc.

It's an interpretation, that Satan merely represents life as a metaphor.....but taking even that on "Faith" is the same dogmatic reasoning that leads some to believe in the Literal interpretations of these convoluted, often contradictory texts. It hoists yourself into a position that's wholly un-achievable, which is mind-reading the intent of the writers of the Centuries old book.

Thats not what I said. Satan does not represent life as a metaphor. Satan is a mythological being that represents an actual human archetype infesting religions and governments around the world like a plague.

And I'm not talking about thousands of years ago. Its going on right now.

Last edited:
He created mankind and then after a few thousands years saw that they were all wicked so he drown every man woman and child except one family who then had incestual sex to repopulate the Earth with righteous people who then became wicked as the people that were drown.

This whole story sounds like something you'd do in a bad video game if you were terrible at video games.
Or a story about an actual event that was passed down for 1000's of years.

You do realize it was captured as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses recorded it, right? The account of the tower of babel - which was an allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization - explains how it was captured as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses penned it.
I have already told you. The very person that found and interpreted them SAID PUBLICALLY not to use that in arguments because its bullshit. I even posted their own words for you.
You are so dishonest its disgusting.
If god is real, he hates you.
They aren't bullshit. They exist in reality. You can decipher them yourself. Not to mention the practices of the people who wrote the language were the same. You literally went looking for something which confirmed your beliefs instead of examining all of the evidence.

He created mankind and then after a few thousands years saw that they were all wicked so he drown every man woman and child except one family who then had incestual sex to repopulate the Earth with righteous people who then became wicked as the people that were drown.

This whole story sounds like something you'd do in a bad video game if you were terrible at video games.

You do realize it was captured as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses recorded it, right? The account of the tower of babel - which was an allegorical account of the great migration from the cradle of civilization - explains how it was captured as symbols in the Chinese language 1500 years before Moses penned it.
I have already told you. The very person that found and interpreted them SAID PUBLICALLY not to use that in arguments because its bullshit. I even posted their own words for you.
They aren't bullshit. They exist in reality. You can decipher them yourself. Not to mention the practices of the people who wrote the language were the same. You literally went looking for something which confirmed your beliefs instead of examining all of the evidence.
You mean the person that found and interpreted it?
What a fucking joke :lol:

I like how dings religion is based off judaism, yet, they have it wrong.
They have it wrong on THEIR OWN MESSIAH too. You guys remember that shit? :lol:
Now, he admits he only worships what he wants to worship. Probably the most honest thing he has ever said. On purpose or not :D
That is your interpretation of my beliefs not my beliefs.

Boredom, to continue.

Thats not what I said. Satan does not represent life as a metaphor. Satan is a mythological being that represents an actual human archetype infesting religions and governments around the world like a plague.
Whatever your assertion may be, the underlying point is that it's a mere interpretation, and one you're taking liberty with.

That's not to disagree that Satan represents one of the human archetypes, because to the best of our current knowledge it's a more plausible interpretation than the one that says he was a Supernatural being...............but it's more-so a testimony to honesty, i.e. like I said before ~ it's not possible to know as an absolute what the writer's intent was, at this point.

Now, he admits he only worships what he wants to worship. Probably the most honest thing he has ever said. On purpose or not :D
Considering you dont know anything, why wouldnt your own beliefs be a part of that?

There was not one person who found it. There were persons. You don't know what I know about it nor have you tried to learn what I know about it.

Considering you dont know anything, why wouldnt your own beliefs be a part of that?
I certainly know what my beliefs are.

There was not one person who found it. There were persons. You don't know what I know about it nor have you tried to learn what I know about it.
So you lied in our convo? I dont doubt it.

No. You misunderstood what I said.

Whatever your assertion may be, the underlying point is that it's a mere interpretation, and one you're taking liberty with.

That's not to disagree that Satan represents one of the human archetypes, because to the best of our current knowledge it's a more plausible interpretation than the one that says he was a Supernatural being...............but it's more-so a testimony to honesty, i.e. like I said before ~ it's not possible to know as an absolute what the writer's intent was, at this point.

If you are paying any attention at all to what is going on in politics and religion, you will know with 100% absolute certainly what the writers intent was.

The writers intent is encapsulated in the title, whether the "Torah" or "the good news"..

I think you misunderstood what you said.
Ding, you are dumb. Accept it bro. It will make you sooooo much happier.
And us, too :D

If you are paying any attention at all to what is going on in politics and religion, you will know with 100% absolute certainly what the writers intent was.
Well, I'd disagree completely.....but like I said, this is not something that could be rationally argued as an absolute. It's a wasted exercise. As far as we know, it's the same sort of back-filling as the prophecies of Nostradamus. You could fit a lot of concepts into broad, vague language and then wait for things to pass and back-fill as you find fit.

I think you misunderstood what you said.
Ding, you are dumb. Accept it bro. It will make you sooooo much happier.
And us, too :D
Correcting your errors about what I believe and say would be a full time job.

But go ahead and show me with my own words what I lied about. You can't do it.

Im saying that the OP is for folks who believe in the literal interpretation of the OT

even the new testament has some moral snafu, but thats besides the point . ..

If thats not you, a literalist of the OT.... we are simply talking past one another

if you do believe it was literally true, it says several times, including quotes in my OP, that god commanded these acts.

Someone in a thousand years might find fragments of newspaper articles from the 1990's and conclude that God commanded the invasion of Iraq.
I understand what youre implying ~ but all it means is that youre not a biblical literalist.

Me either.

Ok.

but don't you think the problem isn't with what was written but who is interpreting it ?

How much could someone in a thousand years really understand about the days were are living in if all our great cities were reduced to ruins and all our wisdom and knowledge was lost on digital files and all they had to go on were a few quotes on scraps of newspapers?

Some people examine the ruins of the dead sea community and conclude that it was an isolated retreat for celibate monks.

Someone else could evaluate the same evidence and conclude that it was a health resort for the wealthy run by a religious sect.
"How much could someone in a thousand years really understand about the days were are living in if all our great cities were reduced to ruins and all our wisdom and knowledge was lost on digital files and all they had to go on were a few quotes on scraps of newspapers?"

They'd probably turn it into a book about an invisible alien who created everyone, but then nearly drowned them all?

Yeah? but what about the kangaroos?
They'd make sure they had some this time. :biggrin:

Well, I'd disagree completely.....but like I said, this is not something that could be rationally argued as an absolute. It's a wasted exercise. As far as we know, it's the same sort of back-filling as the prophecies of Nostradamus. You could fit a lot of concepts into broad, vague language and then wait for things to pass and back-fill as you find fit.

As far as I can see people have been comparing other people to wild animals and mythological beings to either praise or condemn certain human archetypes in every culture nation and language worldwide ever since people could talk.

So have you, ever since you were in grade school.

Am I telling you something that you don't already know?

Forum List

Back