You are unemployed and want a new job, under a Democratic president you have a better chance of getting one!

Easily the most misleading and murky statistic in American politics. That's why the Democrats spend so much time spinning "jobs jobs jobs!"
That statistic goes back 44 years. Overall, the statistic can be skewed here and there but the OVERALL statistic cannot be disputed. 96% of jobs came during Democratic presidencies. Even if skewed one year or another and the 96% becomes 90% of 80%, it is still better under Democrats than Republicans.

According to a letter Buffett sent to Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kansas) that the Congressman posted here, the billionaire had adjusted gross income in 2010 of $62,855,038, taxable income of $39,814,784, and a federal income tax bill of$6,923,494. That makes his effective tax rate, as a percentage of AGI, just 11.06%, compared to an average effective rate in 2008 (the most recent year available) of 18.1% of AGI for the 400 taxpayers with the largest incomes, according to figures reported by the Internal Revenue Service.

People don't pay tax on their AGI, they pay it on their taxable income.
17.4%, not 11%.
The reality is that there are many loopholes for rich people that don't exist for anyone else and that is the key to all of this.

When most people who were infected showed no symptoms, and many others thought it was a cold? But you got an exact number. 😂

Did you know, at the height of covid, an award winning mathematician calculated that if you gathered all the covid 19 viruses in the world into one place, they would have all fit into a single coke can?

Short of starving people during a complete total two week lockdown, you ain’t doing shit.
Where in your post are you addressing the accusation that Biden was more guilty than Trump for the deaths that did happen?

First of all, one rule of life is that there are always exceptions to anything. Overall, the Democrat Billionaires are more ready to give to charity than the Republican ones. That doesn't mean you cannot find some Republican Billionaires that give to charity or Democratic Billionaires that give to politics. It is the sum of all that is what it is all about.

Regarding, being rude. Of course I can discuss without being rude, in fact it is what I do 99% of the time. Having said that, in the 8 years I have been on message boards, I have not seen so much rudeness as is found here. I have been here for 5 days and I have gotten over 500 messages (incredible) and of those, 95% of them have been rude to me. As such and like with any fighter, if you are slapped, you slap back. If I was rude to you, I apologize.

If I was rude to you, I apologize.

I understand. This place is pretty rough. I try to discuss things, right or wrong, without the use of insult and attack. I may jab a little here and there but I don’t go on the attack.

As to charity:

I think it’s a mixed bag. Depending on what report you read, some suggest republicans are more charitable, others will suggest it’s about equal on both sides.

That statistic goes back 44 years. Overall, the statistic can be skewed here and there but the OVERALL statistic cannot be disputed. 96% of jobs came during Democratic presidencies. Even if skewed one year or another and the 96% becomes 90% of 80%, it is still better under Democrats than Republicans.
The Democrats crow about 14 million jobs created but the vast majority of those jobs were jobs that were lost during the insane Covid shutdown. And just today the jobs numbers were revised DOWN by a massive 818 thousand. Those are two examples of why you should always be suspicious when "jobs numbers" come out.

Forum List

Back