AZ Repubs get a bump from the SCOTUS.

In a statement, RNC Chairman Michael Whatley called the Supreme Court’s ruling “a major victory for election integrity that upholds a simple principle: American elections must be decided by American citizens.”

Nobody disagrees with the notion of elections being decided by US citizens. Elections ARE being decided by US citizens. Making this law about something else. Like preventing eligible voters from voting.

a deflection?

standard operating procedure.

BTW, "How does, let's say a college ID, prove citizenship?"

it doesn't, it proves residency.
I directly answered your question. Suggesting it was a deflection calls in to question your comprehension skills.

I directly answered your question. Suggesting it was a deflection calls in to question your comprehension skills.
really?

I can't find any reference to you saying you know someone that CAN'T get an ID

Why are Repubs AG's in various states able to sustain momentum for this crusade without showing anything remotely convincing for its necessity?

How is non citizens voting a "myth"? Do you even follow current news? :cuckoo:
He's lying, as usual....The "migrant centers" have been registering illegals to vote, and telling them to vote (D).

Likewise, they're registered under "motor voter" laws, every time an illegal is issued a driver license.

They know this and are gaslighting the shit out of everyone, again.

He's lying, as usual....The "migrant centers" have been registering illegals to vote, and telling them to vote (D).

Likewise, they're registered under "motor voter" laws, every time an illegal is issued a driver license.

They know this and are gaslighting the shit out of everyone, again.
Additionally, the state of Arizona passed a law after the 2022 election that requires proof of citizenship and residency to vote. Biden and Garland promptly sued the state of Arizona to block that law. (Odd ain't it?) This resulted in Arizona creating a system where one could register with ID and proof of residency and vote in state and federal elections, or register without ID and proof of residency and vote only in federal elections.
The latest court ruling eliminated the "no ID option" and requires both ID and proof of residency.
In my opinion, the only reason to oppose voter ID and proof of residency is to allow, no ENCOURAGE cheating in elections.

perhaps you can answer the fucking question, and stop deflecting?
Just as soon as you answer the question about why proof of citizenship laws are being promoted by Repubs when the US doesn't have a problem with voter fraud.

out of curiosity, have you ever met someone that COULDN'T get an ID?

not someone that doesn't have one, someone couldn't get one.
i have been involved in this for a few years so, yes, several.

several "classes"

1. old people born at home or far enough from town as to have no birth certificate. i "find" these in nursing homes and living wuth family members. there are plenty of them, some of whom have been voting for years. i have worked with my state reps office to help with a few of these.

2. the homeless, even veterans. these people have had documentation, but some have been "outdoors" for a while and tend to lose things during their evictions, divorces , arrests, and hurricanes.
if they are originally local, i may be able to get them a birth certificate, .

out of state? all bets are off. one poor lady had been in jail, was from out of state, several names and divorces. this can become challenging and i'm not sure she ever got everything before she was evicted and disappeared .

Just as soon as you answer the question about why proof of citizenship laws are being promoted by Repubs when the US doesn't have a problem with voter fraud.
US doesn't have a problem with voter fraud.
I just gave you a link showing voter fraud in one state. are you stupid enough to believe that is the ONLY state with the problem?

maybe because they want honest elections?

some you obviously DON'T want?

Arizona’s 2022 law, which has never been enforced, was itself a response to a 2013 Supreme Court ruling that invalidated an earlier attempt to impose a proof-of-citizenship requirement. Then, the Supreme Court said the National Voter Registration Act prevents states from adding additional requirements to forms people have to fill out to vote in federal elections.

I would be open to the idea of these kinds of voter ID laws if they served a useful purpose with respect to election integrity. They don't. Cuz we don't have a problem with election integrity. Believing we do is based on a pack of lies.
So in other words you are against voter ID laws because they would help prevent illegals from voting.

several "classes"

1. old people born at home or far enough from town as to have no birth certificate. i "find" these in nursing homes and living wuth family members. there are plenty of them, some of whom have been voting for years. i have worked with my state reps office to help with a few of these.

2. the homeless, even veterans. these people have had documentation, but some have been "outdoors" for a while and tend to lose things during their evictions, divorces , arrests, and hurricanes.

out of state? all bets are off. one poor lady had been in jail, was from out of state, several names and divorces. this can become challenging and i'm not sure she ever got everything before she was evicted and disappeared .
Their focus on the ability to get proof of citizenship is meant to obscure the fact the US doesn't have a problem with voter fraud.

So in other words you are against voter ID laws because they would help prevent illegals from voting.
Not surprisingly you have it wrong. I'm against voter ID laws because addressing a problem that does not exist (voter fraud) creates a real problem. Disenfranchising eligible voters.

Of course that isn't a problem for Repubs. It's the goal.

several "classes"

people, that with a little effort, COULD get an ID proving their citizenship?

apparently, SOME people don't give a rats ass about honest elections.

Since the US doesn't have a voter fraud problem (no matter how loudly His Orangeness claims it does), what problem are laws like this designed to fix? That's easy. The problem of Repubs losing elections. They also serve to perpetuate the myth there is a problem.
1724510981881.png

Not surprisingly you have it wrong. I'm against voter ID laws because addressing a problem that does not exist (voter fraud) creates a real problem. Disenfranchising eligible voters.

Of course that isn't a problem for Repubs. It's the goal.
How would it disenfranchise any eligible voters? That is the dumbest argument ever. All citizens have ID. Can you show us any citizen who doesn’t have an ID?

Forum List

Back