Zone1 Why Can God Forgive Me For Being Angry With Him When I Can't?

Although that's not one of the reasons why I'm an atheist, I would say that it's true. Of course it would have to be true, by definition of atheism alone!
Any relationship takes effort. A relationship with God and his ways takes great effort. Some don't think that effort is worth the time or their while. For others, it is the most valuable thing in our lives, because it involves and encompasses everything in our lives.

Any relationship takes effort. A relationship with God and his ways takes great effort.
I can believe that is true and as you suggest takes greater effort than any other relationships
Some don't think that effort is worth the time or their while.
I know that to be true because many are going through the motions of pretending to be Christians. It doesn't apply to me as an atheist but it might apply to other atheists? Do you have any evidence to say that it does?
For others, it is the most valuable thing in our lives, because it involves and encompasses everything in our lives.
I think you can honestly say that for yourself. I've never thought otherwise with you. I doubt that Ding is so motivated because of the bitterness and his lack of interest in any rational, polite, and respectful discussion. He can't feel respect for an atheist. But we have gained in our discussion that we feel mutual respect for each other.

You do understand that a relationship with your god play no part in my life. My feelings about the existence of your god does play a part and I devote considerable time to that.

Forum List

Back