you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit
If anything, she makes being a teen mom look like a good way to make money.

There's a word for that.
That was my first thought.

I haven't yet wrapped my head around this 'Snookie' character. The first I heard of her is when a friend's girlfriend dressed as 'Snookie' for Halloween. I think she mentioned something about Jersey Shore or Jersey Housewives or some sort of reality show and I tuned out at that point.

I've wanted to stay ignorant of her, based on the pics, but I may just have to look at wiki for some basics.

Somebody save me from my curiosity, pa-leez.

I haven't yet wrapped my head around this 'Snookie' character. The first I heard of her is when a friend's girlfriend dressed as 'Snookie' for Halloween. I think she mentioned something about Jersey Shore or Jersey Housewives or some sort of reality show and I tuned out at that point.

I've wanted to stay ignorant of her, based on the pics, but I may just have to look at wiki for some basics.

Watching reality tv seriously affects your IQ. True story.

here's the thing about bristol -

she's never had to face reality. she had campaign aids to help her and unlimited resources to make it through. her pregnancy made her into her own star, and she subsequently made it on to talk shows, and dancing with the stars, and on the covers of magazines. and she's made a tidy sum of money off of getting knocked up.

she never had to work two jobs and try to find a babysitter. she hasn't had to sacrifice anything for her child - and she likely never will. how can she explain to anyone that getting pregnant at such a young age is a bad idea when all it's done for her is garner fame and fortune?

My advice? Dont bother. Just another bubbleheaded bimbo.

she's never had to face reality. she had campaign aids to help her and unlimited resources to make it through. her pregnancy made her into her own star, and she subsequently made it on to talk shows, and dancing with the stars, and on the covers of magazines. and she's made a tidy sum of money off of getting knocked up.

she never had to work two jobs and try to find a babysitter. she hasn't had to sacrifice anything for her child - and she likely never will. how can she explain to anyone that getting pregnant at such a young age is a bad idea when all it's done for her is garner fame and fortune?

Oh good, someone else who has clearly not bothered to actually find out the facts before they post. If you had watched the ad, you would not have made such a total fucking ass of yourself. This is me ---> :lol: laughing at your stupidity.

Oh good, someone else who has clearly not bothered to actually find out the facts before they post. If you had watched the ad, you would not have made such a total fucking ass of yourself. This is me ---> :lol: laughing at your stupidity.

you laugh all you want - i'll stay over here not caring one whit about what the ad says because the truth is it doesn't matter.

just by having the girl as a spokesperson they're sending the wrong message. she's rich and famous because she was stupid and spread her legs without protection. she's never suffered for that mistake, and she likely never will. she makes teenage pregnancy look glamorous and easy.

frankly, putting her on any kind of pedestal is disgusting.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

you laugh all you want - i'll stay over here not caring one whit about what the ad says because the truth is it doesn't matter.

just by having the girl as a spokesperson they're sending the wrong message. she's rich and famous because she was stupid and spread her legs without protection. she's never suffered for that mistake, and she likely never will. she makes teenage pregnancy look glamorous and easy.

Actually, the ad does quite the opposite. But you wouldn't get that because you haven't watched it. You'd rather remain ignorant and talk out of your ass. She quite clearly takes the glamor OUT of teen pregnancy... and she wasn't the one who made it 'glamorous', that was the media, and stupidly shallow celebs dragging their illegitimate offspring around like fashion accessories.

Again... you're an idiot if you comment before you find out the facts. You are clearly more concerned with her last name than the message... that's pretty fucking stupid.

What about Levi Johnson?

Shouldn't he be getting paid to do the same thing for teen dads?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Actually, the ad does quite the opposite. But you wouldn't get that because you haven't watched it. You'd rather remain ignorant and talk out of your ass. She quite clearly takes the glamor OUT of teen pregnancy... and she wasn't the one who made it 'glamorous', that was the media, and stupidly shallow celebs dragging their illegitimate offspring around like fashion accessories.

Again... you're an idiot if you comment before you find out the facts. You are clearly more concerned with her last name than the message... that's pretty fucking stupid.
no, i'm concerned with making someone rich and famous just because they got knocked up as a teen.

and that's what the ad, and it's paycheck, do.

no, i'm concerned with making someone rich and famous just because they got knocked up as a teen.

You have some evidence to support your claim that Bristol Palin is 'rich'?

She made a mistake. She's using that mistake to teach other kids that it is not the glamorous life that they are currently being sold in much of the media that informs young people. How on earth is that a bad thing? I simply do not get it. And if Bristol chooses to make a living from using her experience to inform young people that being a teen mom is not a glamorous thing, what is wrong with that?

Seriously, if this was some other celebrity, you'd all be saying how great it was - that's if anyone even paid any attention to it. The issue is her last name. It is pure hyperbolic ranting because her Mom is Sarah Palin.

she made $262k in one year with no college education or training of any kind. she fucked her way to a quarter million annual salary. that's rich in my book.
She made a mistake. She's using that mistake to teach other kids that it is not the glamorous life that they are currently being sold in much of the media that informs young people. How on earth is that a bad thing? I simply do not get it. And if Bristol chooses to make a living from using her experience to inform young people that being a teen mom is not a glamorous thing, what is wrong with that?

Seriously, if this was some other celebrity, you'd all be saying how great it was - that's if anyone even paid any attention to it. The issue is her last name. It is pure hyperbolic ranting because her Mom is Sarah Palin.

i have a problem with glamorizing teenage pregnancy. i don't care what you say, that's what the ad does. she's making $262k a year. she can hire people to raise her kid. she hasn't had to sacrifice at all for her child - quite the opposite. i find it disgusting. for every bristol palin there are hundreds of girls that have to work two jobs depend on the kindness of family to get by. they have to make real sacrifices and real decisions. bristol has never and will never have to do that. pay one of those other girls a fraction of what they pay bristol and let them speak about 'it wouldn't be so pretty' from experience.

Last edited:

she made $262k in one year with no college education or training of any kind. she fucked her way to a quarter million annual salary. that's rich in my book.

i have a problem with glamorizing teenage pregnancy. i don't care what you say, that's what the ad does. she's making $262k a year. she can hire people to raise her kid. she hasn't had to sacrifice at all for her child - quite the opposite. i find it disgusting. for every bristol palin there are hundreds of girls that have to work two jobs depend on the kindness of family to get by. they have to make real sacrifices and real decisions. bristol has never and will never have to do that. pay one of those other girls a fraction of what they pay bristol and let them speak about 'it wouldn't be so pretty' from experience.

$262k isn't 'rich'. It's not like she's earning $262k per year.... it's a one off payment.

The whole point of her ad is to make the point that you're making.... that having a kid as a teen is really fucking hard.

Every 'point' you make has already been addressed at least once. Your pathetic faux outrage about a Palin is pathetic. If she was the daughter of a left wing hero, you'd be high fiving her for her courage and wisdom. It's petty and laughable.

IF other girls have no clue WHO bristol is...then the message is fine although it needs tweaking. Im betting many girls will not be able to "connect" themselves with her because shes white, has a nice apartment even though its empty, and doesnt look too destitute. I think the message would have gotten thru to those more at risk in doing what bristol did with her own mistake if it were not bristol or anyone that has semi celeb exposure. This is not even counting that the money paid to her COULD have gone to many organizations that help such girls. Thats a LOT of money just to be spokesperson.

This is just my opinion only. I dont expect anyone to agree with it. I speak for myself. (just for clarification).

IF other girls have no clue WHO bristol is...then the message is fine although it needs tweaking. Im betting many girls will not be able to "connect" themselves with her because shes white, has a nice apartment even though its empty, and doesnt look too destitute. I think the message would have gotten thru to those more at risk in doing what bristol did with her own mistake if it were not bristol or anyone that has semi celeb exposure. This is not even counting that the money paid to her COULD have gone to many organizations that help such girls. Thats a LOT of money just to be spokesperson.

This is just my opinion only. I dont expect anyone to agree with it. I speak for myself. (just for clarification).

Now, THAT is valid. :clap2: It is fine for Bristol to talk to young teens but what about the minority teens that don't relate to her? Now, that is something we don't know. Has the charity developed a campaign to raise awareness among those teens? I would suggest they probably do... judging by the celebrities who are working with them (list is available on their website). I would think that some of those would be great spokespersons to minority teens.

That's a lot just for having a famous mom.

But really, it's not like she's sharing a rundown studio with her boyfriend and between then two of them they barley makes enough for each other, let alone their baby, and neither of them have enough for daycare so her mom ends up actually raising the kid while the two of them work dead-end jobs for shit pay, only to have it leave their hands in favor of diapers, baby food, doctor checkups, and, if they're lucky after all the bills and sparse groceries are paid for the month, enough spare change to go out to Applebees one night, and that's the only time they actually have for each other.

You think she's gone through any of that? Doubtful. And yet she's giving lectures about the repercussions of teen pregnancy.

if thats a yardstick, then no one should be providing lessons or advice based on anything but personal experience(?)

Forum List

Back