you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

:lol:

Let me get you the transcript.

"What if i didn't come from a famous family
What if I didn't have all their support
What if I couldn't finish my education
What if I didn't have all these opportunities

****cut to empty appartment, frumpy clothes, no makeup*******

Beleive me, It wouldn't be pretty (baby cries)

Pause, Before you Play
:eek: She forgot to say:

What if I didn't pimp my child for profit

:lol:
I'm wondering if that's worse than 'pimping' your children in an election.

YouTube - Obama family goes Unplugged on Access Hollywood! (pt 3 of 4)

ask her mom

Didn't Lyle Alzado make a public service spot about steroid use? Of course, I bet that didn't have any impact on kids and young adults who are at risk for steroid use at all. Nope, no impact. I mean, here it is 20 years later and I would bet that many know this.

how much was he paid?

whether or not the ad is good is irrelevant, imo.

Its completely relevant. Your upset that they paid Bristol Palin to do something because of her personal life situation and status and this is what they paid her to do.

If you watch the ad it kinda makes your being upset about it seem trivial and a little petty in light of how they used her in this ad.

thanks for sharing.

Anytime.

I hope you know I wasn't trying to insult you using negative descriptors of your behavior. I was just trying to be honest.

I do not blame here for wanting to make money to support herself and her child. I blame the charity for hiring her to influence unwed teenage girls not to have babies when she so obviously did it herself.

You can call me stupid, and cuss at me all you want, it won't change the fact that the Simon says method of teaching has never worked. It's a waste of money.
Yup, that's why AA, NA, and other programs like that are so awful and useless because all they all are drunks, addicts, etc. who talk to others who want to stop.

Nope, there's absolutely NO benefit from personal examples of what could happen to you if you don't think before behaving in a certain way. :lol:

:cuckoo:

no one in those programs takes money for speaking.

try again

Note the bold. Thats what Ive been trying to say. Sometimes I get tongue tied and someone else says what I thought I said but didnt.

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

"According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

which I think is good stuff!

but we all know what cons would be saying if this was chelsea clinton or one of the obama girls (or any democrat) . They'd be denouncing her as a pig, slut, whore, immoral....

and mocking and ridiculing her and the charity

and OUTRAGED that so much donated money was going to her at the expense of the charity itself

yes, yes i am.

You're outraged that a charity spends money donated by those who recognize that campaigning is an important way to influence young people? This charity, the candie's foundation, are a campaigning organization. You are aware of that, are you not? You know that they raise money specifically to spend on awareness raising campaigns, and that includes paying people they deem are influential to their target audience, right?

What is there to be outraged about? They raised the funds for awareness raising campaigning and that is exactly what Bristol's ad is.

Somebody please explain logically to me exactly what there is to be outraged about.

Didn't Lyle Alzado make a public service spot about steroid use? Of course, I bet that didn't have any impact on kids and young adults who are at risk for steroid use at all. Nope, no impact. I mean, here it is 20 years later and I would bet that many know this.

how much was he paid?

Id like to know that as well.

Its completely relevant. Your upset that they paid Bristol Palin to do something because of her personal life situation and status and this is what they paid her to do.

If you watch the ad it kinda makes your being upset about it seem trivial and a little petty in light of how they used her in this ad.

thanks for sharing.

Anytime.

I hope you know I wasn't trying to insult you using negative descriptors of your behavior. I was just trying to be honest.

no worries

how much was he paid?

Id like to know that as well.

Not me!!

It pisses me off to see how much people get paid to read some one elses speech for 20 minutes.

Shes living at home with her parents and making money just by being a Palin.
I would have more tolerance of her if she would have denied such a huge sum and said she will take payment, yes, but donate most of the rest to the cause she agreed to be spokesperson for.
Then again..as I stated before...thats just what Id do. And humans tend to judge the actions of others on their own tickled ears.

I fail to see how her living arrangements are an issue. Whether she's living with them or not, she needs to earn a living to support her child.

I don't see why she should be expected to donate any - but she has donated part of it. I don't see why we should hold her to a different standard to the rest of us, just because she happens to have the last name Palin. I wish I could understand it, I just can't see what she did wrong.

Because if one is trying to teach others due to it being the right thing to do, one shouldnt accept such an obscene amount of money if they truly want to help.
You wouldnt keep money you found, CG. Which means youre a standup kinda gal. Would you accept that kind of money even though you already HAVE that kind of money and want for nothing?
My problem with the vid, although done quite well, is she didnt use the IF word strongly enough. There are so many young girls getting pregnant that dont even HAVE an apartment, much less an unfurnished one.
Bristol is just a really bad choice. May as well put Michael Vick as spokesperson for the ASPCA or Peta.

If I was planning to dedicate my life to helping young girls to avoid the mistakes I made, and at the same time earn a living and bring up my child, and teach my child a work ethic, absolutely, yes I would take it.

Her parents are wealthy. So are mine. Am I supposed to not work for a living because I should be accepting handouts from my parents? :lol::lol: Try telling my Mom that one... she'd tell you that no child of hers is gonna take the easy road.

"According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

which I think is good stuff!

but we all know what cons would be saying if this was chelsea clinton or one of the obama girls (or any democrat) . They'd be denouncing her as a pig, slut, whore, immoral....

and mocking and ridiculing her and the charity

and OUTRAGED that so much donated money was going to her at the expense of the charity itself

yes, yes i am.

You're outraged that a charity spends money donated by those who recognize that campaigning is an important way to influence young people? This charity, the candie's foundation, are a campaigning organization. You are aware of that, are you not? You know that they raise money specifically to spend on awareness raising campaigns, and that includes paying people they deem are influential to their target audience, right?

How about this: instead of hiring Bristol Palin for $262K, they could have hired 10 teenage moms from a variety of walks of life...people that other girls could associate with...and had them on a series of commericials showing their life and their hardships...and paid them each $26,200.

yes, yes i am.

How about this: instead of hiring Bristol Palin for $262K, they could have hired 10 teenage moms from a variety of walks of life...people that other girls could associate with...and had them on a series of commericials showing their life and their hardships...and paid them each $26,200.

oh, that's crazy talk.

why would you want to give 10 young women money they really need when you can give it to one millionaire's kid?

I fail to see how her living arrangements are an issue. Whether she's living with them or not, she needs to earn a living to support her child.

I don't see why she should be expected to donate any - but she has donated part of it. I don't see why we should hold her to a different standard to the rest of us, just because she happens to have the last name Palin. I wish I could understand it, I just can't see what she did wrong.

Because if one is trying to teach others due to it being the right thing to do, one shouldnt accept such an obscene amount of money if they truly want to help.
You wouldnt keep money you found, CG. Which means youre a standup kinda gal. Would you accept that kind of money even though you already HAVE that kind of money and want for nothing?
My problem with the vid, although done quite well, is she didnt use the IF word strongly enough. There are so many young girls getting pregnant that dont even HAVE an apartment, much less an unfurnished one.
Bristol is just a really bad choice. May as well put Michael Vick as spokesperson for the ASPCA or Peta.

If I was planning to dedicate my life to helping young girls to avoid the mistakes I made, and at the same time earn a living and bring up my child, and teach my child a work ethic, absolutely, yes I would take it.

Her parents are wealthy. So are mine. Am I supposed to not work for a living because I should be accepting handouts from my parents? :lol::lol: Try telling my Mom that one... she'd tell you that no child of hers is gonna take the easy road.

calling this *work* is pretty goddam funny.

:thup:

yes, yes i am.

Yea, they could have. And they may do that in their future plans.... that's why they call it 'campaigning'.... it's not a one off ad. It's part of their overall strategy. How can you guys not see this? It's Public Relations 101.

oh, that's crazy talk.

why would you want to give 10 young women money they really need when you can give it to one millionaire's kid?

So, in essence, your issue is that her parents are wealthy. Hmmm. That's pretty pathetic. Her parents have jack shit to do with it. She's a grown woman, trying to stand on her own two feet. How outrageous.

oh, that's crazy talk.

So, in essence, your issue is that her parents are wealthy. Hmmm. That's pretty pathetic. Her parents have jack shit to do with it. She's a grown woman, trying to stand on her own two feet. How outrageous.

no, my issue is that she was paid $262K.

do try to keep up

yes, yes i am.

You know what would have been ideal?

if Bristol Palin, coming from a family that can afford to and has helped her with her teen pregnancy, did the whole thing free of charge.

Great message, too high a price tag.

EDIT: This is assuming her parents are helping her out financially.

Last edited:
oh, that's crazy talk.

do try to keep up

So it's the amount that you're outraged over? It doesn't seem overly much for her commitment to me. But I am quite a rational person. They are a campaigning charity. This work is what they do. They have a budget and they spend that budget as they see fit. I have no issue with that. In fact, I think what they do is pretty damned good. I'll be watching to see how this campaign develops.... currently, I don't know whether this £262 is a one off for that ad or a contract for a series of ads. Do you? No. Should we wait and find that out before we get all outraged or shall we just have a cow about it before knowing ALL the facts?

You know what would have been ideal?

if Bristol Palin, coming from a family that can afford to and has helped her with her teen pregnancy, did the whole thing free of charge.

Great message, too high a price tag.

Excellent idea.

do try to keep up

So it's the amount that you're outraged over? It doesn't seem overly much for her commitment to me. But I am quite a rational person. They are a campaigning charity. This work is what they do. They have a budget and they spend that budget as they see fit. I have no issue with that. In fact, I think what they do is pretty damned good. I'll be watching to see how this campaign develops.... currently, I don't know whether this £262 is a one off for that ad or a contract for a series of ads. Do you? No. Should we wait and find that out before we get all outraged or shall we just have a cow about it before knowing ALL the facts?

If we find out that she signed a ten year contract worth $262K, then I'll be the first to say: "del, don't get your panties in a bind."

Forum List

Back