‘You don’t have to die in your seat’: Democrats stress over aging members

Strict, short term limits. Publicly-funded elections.

Change the system and motivations under which these people operate, and their behaviors will change, too.
Publicly funded elections? Are you libtards that stupid? That will lead to entirely new class of politicians whose job is to run for office continuously! Why should I pay taxes to fund YOUR election?

Yep.,.......sounds good, but it is a dumb idea..once they get into office they get all the benefits of being in office, while any challenger is stuck with the limited funds of a publicly financed election.........this is why career politicians all push for publicly funded elections.

You’re right. It is time for the younger generations to move up. I have my doubts about some of those folks on both sides of the aisle, but their time has come. A gerontocracy is no way to run a country.
What doubts do you have about young Democrats and why?
I don‘t like extremists in either party. Rashid and Omar are two folks on the Democratic side I do not care for and disagree with, for instance.
And yet they’re no different from all the other people in Congress.
The Board pessimist pipes in
You mean board realist.
In your deranged mind sure

You’re right. It is time for the younger generations to move up. I have my doubts about some of those folks on both sides of the aisle, but their time has come. A gerontocracy is no way to run a country.
I don‘t like extremists in either party. Rashid and Omar are two folks on the Democratic side I do not care for and disagree with, for instance.
You mean board realist.
Yes, being realist in a time when fools reign, does appear deranged to the ignorant.

You mean board realist.
Yes, being realist in a time when fools reign, does appear deranged to the ignorant.
When did fools not reign in your realistic view?

At least one Democrat is thinking.

"But Democrats have been grappling with a noticeable generational divide within their ranks for some time — President Joe Biden and top Democratic congressional leaders are all well over 70. Ten of the 12 House members over the age of 80 are Democrats."

Ginsberg refused to retire, Breyer is being pushed to make way for a replacement while Democrats hold DC

But BOTH parties need to consider replacements for our elder 'statesmen'.

Thoughts?
I suppose their children could take their place, but understand, America is now an aristocracy.

In fact, Joe Biden made it a point to hire the children of his cronies, just like Hunter made millions from his daddy being President.
That horrendous piece of lying garbage, donny-boy trump, was talking about getting a dynasty going with ivanka, Don jr., and the rest of the nasty assholes in his family. Talk about a fucking horror show...

Forum List

Back