You guys don't think tariffs work? After Trump tariffs, Chinese solar company will build U.S factory

So, they will put a plant in the US that is 90% automated and will use an existing building. Very little in the way of jobs and they will still be selling them cheaper than US counterparts. And they will likely get tax breaks from wherever they go.

What is the “win” for the US?

JinkoSolar could be linking 1.75GW US module supply agreement to planned manufacturing plant

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
you can't simply go "nice" and accept each piece as a bigger part of the overall puzzle, can you? whatever trump does, you will find fault with like the head prison cop in shawshank redemption.

I see, so we can now put you down as for protectionism?

You go after abusive state run economies, be they China or Canada. If you guys don't take this as seriously as ANY issue facing America you are going to be in for a big surprise as the American economy will continue to be exploited and harmed.

After Trump tariffs, Chinese solar company says it will build U.S. factory

President Trump wants Chinese solar panels firms to make more of their products in the U.S. -- and they appear to be getting the message.
A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China's biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.

JinkoSolar said in a statement Monday that its board of directors had given the go-ahead to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S."

Tariffs have proven, in the long term, to not be beneficial.

So, you might make some jobs in the present, look good for the next presidential election, and then what?

When countries joined the EU in 2004, many of them saw their foreign trade within EU borders grow massively.
explain to me the benefits of the obama trillion dollar union gift, please.

Let me guess, you think only in terms of black and white and everyone is either in the black half or the white half.

Sorry, I'm not an Obama supporter.

And they will pay Municipal, State and Federal taxes.
I’m still waiting for all of that automation to work.
The damn supermarket kiosks suck.

Do a little research and quit being gleefully ignorant.

Automation works despite your inability to properly use it.

Not to the extent that you state.
Tim Cook agrees with me.

Tim Cook is a dinosaur still riding the coattails of Steve Jobs.

Chinese factory replaces 90% of human workers with robots. Production rises by 250%, defects drop by 80%

Inside the Chinese factory where robots do all the work

Chinese ‘Unmanned Factory’ Replaces 600 Humans With 60 Robots

FoxConn has well over 500,000 prisoners who are constantly attempting suicide.
You really are a Limousine Liberal.
Do you ever talk to actual store employees to see how they’re doing?
I doubt it.

So, since I showed you how wrong you were about automation, you go full zealot and just make shit up.

I know a couple dozen of the Shop and Save employees as many of them are my son’s friends and he has already talked to the manager and thanks to his friends good words about him has a job waiting in a few months once he is 16.

Before my current job I was a Produce manager for a grocery store and before that a Shift manager at WalMart. So yeah, I talk to a lot of store employees.

You’re talking kids; I’m talking adults and they get paid shit.
And the kiosks suck.

So, they will put a plant in the US that is 90% automated and will use an existing building. Very little in the way of jobs and they will still be selling them cheaper than US counterparts. And they will likely get tax breaks from wherever they go.

JinkoSolar could be linking 1.75GW US module supply agreement to planned manufacturing plant

you can't simply go "nice" and accept each piece as a bigger part of the overall puzzle, can you? whatever trump does, you will find fault with like the head prison cop in shawshank redemption.

I see, so we can now put you down as for protectionism?

suppose you can do whatever you want.

I am a pragmatist, not a cheerleader

i'm far from a cheerleader myself. but i don't let my hate for an individual change what good they may actually be doing.

I do not hate anyone, that is just a zealot response to try and silence people, do not become one of those.

As for this topic, the stated purpose of the tariffs is to help the US manufactures of solar panels. The Chinese bringing a factory here does not do that, and in fact might hurt them more.

dude - you call people who simply disagree with you PARTISAN HACKS daily, hourly and when busy, by the minute. you excuse why you do these actions because you're a "pragmatist" and ergo, they simply must not be too. i mean, disagreements and all.

in any event, i know you won't change your mind, just start screaming so i'll go back to ignoring you.

One more person shown to be wrong that calls names and then runs and hides.

Typical of this board

so you don't flog the phrase "partisan hack!" daily?

wow. then i must be wrong. and i don't believe i called you a name.

Since you have quit pretending to be ignoring me, tell me how this helps US solar panel makers, which is the purpose of the tariff

And they will pay Municipal, State and Federal taxes.
I’m still waiting for all of that automation to work.
The damn supermarket kiosks suck.
and then go out and demand $15 an hour for jobs to rush that automation along and keep the unambitious unemployed.
The kiosks don’t work and CVS dumped them.
Stop & Shop should stop using them.
Even Apple Stores won’t go kiosk.
Seems a lot of stores have a problem with theft without live cashiers. Our Wal-Mart cited theft as a reason they pulled theirs.

You go after abusive state run economies, be they China or Canada. If you guys don't take this as seriously as ANY issue facing America you are going to be in for a big surprise as the American economy will continue to be exploited and harmed.

President Trump wants Chinese solar panels firms to make more of their products in the U.S. -- and they appear to be getting the message.
A week after the Trump administration unveiled tariffs of up to 30% on imports of solar panels, one of China's biggest manufacturers announced that it plans to open a new plant in the U.S.

JinkoSolar said in a statement Monday that its board of directors had given the go-ahead to "finalize planning for the construction of an advanced solar manufacturing facility in the U.S."
So much for free trade...

Do a little research and quit being gleefully ignorant.

Automation works despite your inability to properly use it.

Not to the extent that you state.
Tim Cook agrees with me.

Tim Cook is a dinosaur still riding the coattails of Steve Jobs.

Chinese factory replaces 90% of human workers with robots. Production rises by 250%, defects drop by 80%

Inside the Chinese factory where robots do all the work

Chinese ‘Unmanned Factory’ Replaces 600 Humans With 60 Robots

FoxConn has well over 500,000 prisoners who are constantly attempting suicide.
You really are a Limousine Liberal.
Do you ever talk to actual store employees to see how they’re doing?
I doubt it.

So, since I showed you how wrong you were about automation, you go full zealot and just make shit up.

I know a couple dozen of the Shop and Save employees as many of them are my son’s friends and he has already talked to the manager and thanks to his friends good words about him has a job waiting in a few months once he is 16.

Before my current job I was a Produce manager for a grocery store and before that a Shift manager at WalMart. So yeah, I talk to a lot of store employees.

You’re talking kids; I’m talking adults and they get paid shit.
And the kiosks suck.
But hey it was a good idea...

you mean it was "free" before?

you mean it was "free" before?
Only to the patsy..

for now; a tariff is still a tax.

I thought only Hostess management implemented tax cuts for management, and then claimed labor needed to pay more.

There is a large difference between a tariff and a trade sanction.

Forum List

Back