You Have Awoken A Sleeping Giant

xband, the motivation is as much races as work ethic by the Trump attackers.

I am not racist even though two of my grand nieces are zebras but have not used that word around any of my family. Georgia taught this white damned yankee that bad word by a black friend of mine in Georgia.
Fine. I am talking about manyTrump supporters, where race is more important than work ethic. Yeah, I heard that word when I was in the military about the children of mixed couples.

And of course, that is your opinion, which is supported primarily by your knee jerk assumption that they are racist.

Only you think I am trying to hurt your feelings. I don't care about them. You simply cannot discuss the topic honestly and objectively is your problem. Your conclusion is personal and overall false. And, yes, on this subject, I will always know better than you. Tis what it is.

You are the one that is so dishonest that he can't even read what I write without lying to yourself about it.

I am not racist even though two of my grand nieces are zebras but have not used that word around any of my family. Georgia taught this white damned yankee that bad word by a black friend of mine in Georgia.
Fine. I am talking about manyTrump supporters, where race is more important than work ethic. Yeah, I heard that word when I was in the military about the children of mixed couples.

Did you serve in Iraqnam?
Served before Iraq.

Correll gets so upset because I correctly interpret what he writes.

Did you serve in Iraqnam?
Served before Iraq.

Correll gets so upset because I correctly interpret what he writes.

Here is what I wrote.

"It is important to remember that the Spanish, at this point in time, had just completed the Reconquista and were quite "bad ass" to say the least.

White Barbarism might not be a source of pride. The fighting ability and spirit of the Conquistadors, even granting them the advantage of iron and muskets is worthy of pride, for those descended from them."

You "interpreted" that as a denial or defense of the "bad things they did".

Which is the act of a fool or a liar.

It's true that stone age people with stone age weapons wage war on a smaller scale. The plains Indians particularly were basically street gangs, in a state of perpetual war over turf. Since they were mostly foragers, this makes sense. If you pick my berries I'll tie to you an anthill because my tribe only survives by scrounging what grows wild.

Always on the verge of starvation, wracked by disease, viciously fighting the animals and other stone age people for the few wild resources. Yeah, Indian life was idyllic just like you shit for brains Communists fantasize it.
You keep retreating from your position a step at a time. Whites are the most bellicose race on the face of the planet and whats sad is that they actually consider it an advancement. :laugh:

Whites are the most bellicose? That's a hoot!...lol. How many wars are going on in non-white countries, now?
Yes whites are the most bellicose. They have documented their savagery and point to it as a source of pride.
It is a source of pride. Other than the virus, the white male is the most efficient killer the world has ever seen. The whites wage war with a minimum of effort and a maximum of result. There is no savagery in whipping up the natives, no dances and speeches. The white man coldly goes about delivering death with the same compunction as delivering the mail.[/QUote

This conversation stray's. I'm out of hear. Thanks to JakeStarkey for defending his points.

The conversation never strayed. That was the premise all along. Thanks to Tipsy for stating it clearly.

Spanish barbarism is nothing of which to be prideful.
Destroying an empire with under 2,000 men? Outnumbered 100-1? That's some serious ass kicking.
Sure is, if as in Mexico, you have native allies that equal the Aztec enemy. Sure is, if as in Peru, you have an European health catastrophe that destroys the Inca army.

The Aztec were stupid enough to piss off all their neighbors, and the Spanish were smart enough to take advantage of it.

And there was still quite a bit of incredibly tough fighting to do, which the Spanish did a lot of.

Destroying an empire with under 2,000 men? Outnumbered 100-1? That's some serious ass kicking.
Sure is, if as in Mexico, you have native allies that equal the Aztec enemy. Sure is, if as in Peru, you have an European health catastrophe that destroys the Inca army.
The Aztec were stupid enough to piss off all their neighbors, and the Spanish were smart enough to take advantage of it. And there was still quite a bit of incredibly tough fighting to do, which the Spanish did a lot of.
So it was not 100 to 1, but 1 to 1. With armor, horses, war dogs, and firearms, of course they should have won it.

You still researching the Incas?

I am confused about how a topic about Trump has turned into a topic about the Aztecs and Incas.

Let's be clear, in Trump's mind he'd kill both the Spanish and the Aztecs / Incas. White America!

I am confused about how a topic about Trump has turned into a topic about the Aztecs and Incas.

Let's be clear, in Trump's mind he'd kill both the Spanish and the Aztecs / Incas. White America!

Nothing in your post has anything to do with anything that Trump has ever said.

Try to be less crazy.

Try to be less crazy.
Trump 2016! White Power! Dem Hispanics are rapists!

The Aztec were stupid enough to piss off all their neighbors, and the Spanish were smart enough to take advantage of it. And there was still quite a bit of incredibly tough fighting to do, which the Spanish did a lot of.
So it was not 100 to 1, but 1 to 1. With armor, horses, war dogs, and firearms, of course they should have won it.

Y...?

IF you assume the highest estimates of allied numbers to be true...

(Which of course you do because it serves your position)

then it was still not one to one.

And even with the armor, horses, dogs and firearms, is was still an impressive feat of arms.

Try to be less crazy.

upload_2016-3-21_11-51-10.jpeg

Try to be less crazy.

View attachment 68353
HOW DARE YOU! You must listen to the MSM! Listen to me, Trump is his own man! He isn't owned by your liberal, bought news. He says what is right! He says the truth! We need to torture people related to people that we think are bad! Muslims are all terrorists! Why do you think they cover their faces?!?

Trump 2016! White Men unite!

The only one who is confused is you.

You decry what the Aztecs did but approve the Spanish behavior.

No big thing. Your POV means nothing in either the academic or the real world.
I have offered that which was needed to rebut your Euro-acceptable destruction of native civilizations and accompanying genocide. That you think as you does not matter. The evidence matters. Secondary and higher education generally gets it right, which contradicts your position. Your personal attacks in place of real discussion of than your "nuh uh" gives the game away.

Should you read and comprehend the paragraph below, you will have an inkling of the Spanish defeat of the Aztec and more importantly who actually did the dirty work. As I have maintained throughout this conversation, I provide information in this narrative and you continue to bob and weave. So lets try this on for size, Jake. The peoples, some 11,000,000 of them had enough of the Aztec butchers and the Spanish "invaders" took advantage of that situation. During the year 1521, Senor Cortes laid siege Tenochtitlan, where the Aztec leadership had slaughtered a Spainish force and "on the fateful day of 13th of August 1521 CE" the Aztec leadership was assigned to the trash heap of history. Please pay particular notice " the Olmec came to a dramatic and brutal end." No more raiding villages and no more rolling dying bodies down a series of stone steps. No more beating hearts lifted to the sky while in drug induced killing sprees. Pay back is a "bitch" Jake. You are absolutely correct Jake, "secondary and higher education generally get it right". Now be a nice fellow, Jake, and do some more reading and fabricating, and try to get it right, even if it hurts. Revisionist history is just that. A revision of history. Sometimes, perhaps correct, but generally suited to what someone wants it to be. You Jake, lose. Have a nice day. Crazy Mona has finished.

Collapse
The Aztec empire, which controlled some 11,000,000 people, had always had to deal with minor rebellions - typically, when new rulers took power at Tenochtitlan - but these had always been swiftly crushed. The tide began to turn, though, when the Aztecs were heavily defeated by the Tlaxcala and Huexotzingo in 1515 CE. With the arrival of the Spanish, some of these rebel states would again seize the opportunity to gain their independence. When the conquistadors finally did arrive from the Old World sailing their floating palaces and led by Hernán Cortés, their initial relations with the leader of the Aztecs, Motecuhzoma II, were friendly and valuable gifts were exchanged. Things turned sour, though, when a small group of Spanish soldiers were killed at Tenochtitlan while Cortés was away at Veracruz. The Aztec warriors, unhappy at Motecuhzoma's passivity, overthrew him and set Cuitlahuac as the new tlatoani. This incident was just what Cortés needed and he returned to the city to relieve the besieged remaining Spanish but was forced to withdraw on the 30th of June 1520 CE in what became known as the Noche Triste. Gathering local allies Cortés returned ten months later and in 1521 CE he laid siege to the city. Lacking food and ravaged by disease, the Aztecs, now led by Cuauhtemoc, finally collapsed on the fateful day of 13th of August 1521 CE. Tenochtitlan was sacked and its monuments destroyed. From the ashes rose the new capital of the colony of New Spain and the long line of Mesoamerican civilizations which had stretched right back to the Olmec came to a dramatic and brutal end.

About the Author

Mark Cartwright

Mark holds an M.A. in Greek philosophy and his special interests include the Minoans, the ancient Americas, and world mythology. He loves visiting and reading about historic sites and transforming that experience into free articles accessible to all.

I R's silly attacks mean nothing.

Cartwright gets most of it right, and . . .

Once again: "Sure is, if as in Mexico, you have native allies that equal the Aztec enemy. Sure is, if as in Peru, you have an European health catastrophe that destroys the Inca army."

Again, the Spanish overthrow of Latin America is nothing of which to be proud.

Oh, I see, now I am attacking! Jake, stop being pathetic. Provide substance as opposed to personal opinion. Some thing you have yet to do. Here say never goes far at all. Specifics Jake, specifics! One specific point would be refreshing. At no point have I stated pride in what the Spanish accomplished. My point is they showed the world what the Aztec civilization was. Barbarians, pure and simple, unless you enjoy having your son or daughter for lunch. I suppose then you would have to appreciate the fine cusine. Again, "The Spanish indeed."

:) You sound a bit shrill, I R. And, yes, you are attack my person because you have failed to overthrow my resistance to your one-sided chatter.

Yes, the Spanish were barbarous, engaged in religious and ethnic cleansing and in genocide. And, yes, the burnings at the auto-da-fes were every bit human sacrifices to their God as were the Aztec sacrifices on the altars.

You have fail in extending to the Spanish what you are condemning in the Aztecs.

Forum List

Back