You Need to Know This

So, we caught a bad guy without a wall... and somehow that's an argument for a wall? I guess it makes perfect sense, if you don't think about it.
We don't need a 5 billion wall to catch them

We're not trying to catch them, dumbass. We're trying to prevent them from coming into the country illegally.

Given the fact that there are easier, cheaper and more effective ways of getting into the country LEGALLY and staying ILLEGALLY (i.e. Overstay Visa). IMHO "the wall" is just a waste of time & money that'll just encourage individuals to utilize the alternatives while lining the pockets of contractors with tax payer money.

It's just a campaign tool and that's all it ever really was. :dunno:

If, for example, there are 2000 people trying to get into the country and "the wall" prevents 1000 of them getting in...I'm good with that. BTW, what are some of the easier, cheaper and move effective ways? True, a visa may be an option, yet so many decide not to get a visa...go figure.

What "The wall" will do is encourage further development of the infrastructure (i.e. fake identification, transport and in country facilities) that gets would be illegal immigrants into the country legally (i.e. travel to a port of entry, get a visa and then just stay) it's already the second largest source for illegal immigration and trending higher will illegal ENTRY (i.e. border crossings) are trending LOWER without a "wall" in place.

They want to blow billions of tax payer dollars trying to solve a problem that is getting better while doing virtually nothing about a problem that's getting worse and the most egregious thing about this plan is that blowing those tax payer dollars on a wall is likely to further accelerate the numbers on the legal entry route.

If, for example, there are 2000 people trying to get into the country and "the wall" prevents 1000 of them getting in...I'm good with that. BTW, what are some of the easier, cheaper and move effective ways? True, a visa may be an option, yet so many decide not to get a visa...go figure.
seeking asylum is not illegal.

Demanding $50,000 isn't illegal either. Does that mean they get it? Nope.
don't believe in natural rights? why should we believe any right wing claim to be for capitalism.

Natural rights? WTF is their natural right?
seeking asylum.

and this: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

And we arrive back to demanding $50,000, they have every right to ask. Answer is still NO...dumbass.

So, we caught a bad guy without a wall... and somehow that's an argument for a wall? I guess it makes perfect sense, if you don't think about it.

We're not trying to catch them, dumbass. We're trying to prevent them from coming into the country illegally.

Given the fact that there are easier, cheaper and more effective ways of getting into the country LEGALLY and staying ILLEGALLY (i.e. Overstay Visa). IMHO "the wall" is just a waste of time & money that'll just encourage individuals to utilize the alternatives while lining the pockets of contractors with tax payer money.

What "The wall" will do is encourage further development of the infrastructure (i.e. fake identification, transport and in country facilities) that gets would be illegal immigrants into the country legally (i.e. travel to a port of entry, get a visa and then just stay) it's already the second largest source for illegal immigration and trending higher will illegal ENTRY (i.e. border crossings) are trending LOWER without a "wall" in place.

They want to blow billions of tax payer dollars trying to solve a problem that is getting better while doing virtually nothing about a problem that's getting worse and the most egregious thing about this plan is that blowing those tax payer dollars on a wall is likely to further accelerate the numbers on the legal entry route.

One step at a time. Much better than Democrats suggestion of doing absolutely nothing.

The “overstays” aren’t from Mexico,
yes they are from Mexico

Other findings from the report:

• Canadians made up the largest group of visa overstays, with more than 92,000 remaining in the United States in 2017 despite being expected to leave.
    • Mexicans made up the second-largest group of visa overstays, with more than 47,000. The report does not include people who cross via land borders, so those numbers would likely increase for both Canadians and Mexicans.
    • Of the 38 Visa Waiver Program countries, Portuguese citizens had the highest overstay rate (1.81 percent), followed by Hungarians (1.55 percent) and the Greek (1.25 percent).
    • Of the Visa Waiver Program countries, British citizens had the highest number of visa overstays (25,694) followed by the French (16,456) and Spaniards (13,780).
  • Homeland Security: More than 600,000 foreigners overstayed U.S. visas in 2017

Hahaha....47,000...that’s hilarious.
Meanwhile 397,000 wetbacks were arrested at the border. I wonder how many weren’t arrested and made the crossing?
“But, but, but.....HALF!”

“According to numbers released on Tuesday, U.S. border officials arrested nearly 397,000 people in total at the southern border in the 2018 fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, a significant increase over the 304,000 apprehended in 2017 but largely in line with arrest trends of migrants at the U.S. southern border over the past decade.”

One step at a time. Much better than Democrats suggestion of doing absolutely nothing.

Er..umm.. doing something stupid and wasteful isn't a superior option to doing nothing, especially when it comes to the federal government, I'd rather the dickweeds in Washington do NOTHING than wasting a ton of tax payer money doing the wrong things, and those same dickweeds haven't demonstrated much competence in doing the right things.

How many times do you have to be burned by federal politicians promising you that if we do XYZ and blow billions of dollars doing it that all things wonderful will come your way only to find out that you've just been served up another hugely expensive federal shit sandwich?

The only way the illegal immigration "problem" is ever going to be resolved is when the incentives for it are removed, i.e. when an illegal cannot get a job, government benefits, publicly funded education or health care. As long as those incentives exist the aggregate numbers of illegal immigrants will remain pretty much constant because the cost, effort and the risk are worth it.

Er..umm.. doing something stupid and wasteful isn't a superior option to doing nothing, especially when it comes to the federal government, I'd rather the dickweeds in Washington do NOTHING than wasting a ton of tax payer money doing the wrong things, and those same dickweeds haven't demonstrated much competence in doing the right things.

How many times do you have to be burned by federal politicians promising you that if we do XYZ and blow billions of dollars doing it that all things wonderful will come your way only to find out that you've just been served up another hugely expensive federal shit sandwich?

The only way the illegal immigration "problem" is ever going to be resolved is when the incentives for it are removed, i.e. when an illegal cannot get a job, government benefits, publicly funded education or health care. As long as those incentives exist the aggregate numbers of illegal immigrants will remain pretty much constant because the cost, effort and the risk are worth it.

No wonder you're so elated with the Democrats.

1.6 million were crossing the border illegally a year, it is now down to 300,000 crossing the border illegally a year...

What changed to reduce it? Not a Wall?

What did change is that we brought our border patrol staffing up from 20,000 people up to 40,000 border patrol guards... in the last 10 years or so.

Nightfox is smarter than your Trump garbage

ROFLWTIME! Since when?

I detest Crime Family-D just as much as I detest Crime Family-R.

The “overstays” aren’t from Mexico,
yes they are from Mexico

Other findings from the report:

• Canadians made up the largest group of visa overstays, with more than 92,000 remaining in the United States in 2017 despite being expected to leave.
    • Mexicans made up the second-largest group of visa overstays, with more than 47,000. The report does not include people who cross via land borders, so those numbers would likely increase for both Canadians and Mexicans.
    • Of the 38 Visa Waiver Program countries, Portuguese citizens had the highest overstay rate (1.81 percent), followed by Hungarians (1.55 percent) and the Greek (1.25 percent).
    • Of the Visa Waiver Program countries, British citizens had the highest number of visa overstays (25,694) followed by the French (16,456) and Spaniards (13,780).
We should have no illegal problem.

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

We have a rule...look up The Naturalization Act Of 1790
how uniform is that? our Constitution is both gender and race neutral from Inception.

seeking asylum is not illegal.

Demanding $50,000 isn't illegal either. Does that mean they get it? Nope.
don't believe in natural rights? why should we believe any right wing claim to be for capitalism.

Natural rights? WTF is their natural right?
seeking asylum.

and this: To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

And we arrive back to demanding $50,000, they have every right to ask. Answer is still NO...dumbass.
we have a commerce clause. why lose money on border policy?

Upgrading Ellis Island is more cost effective and humane.

Forum List

Back