You say you want a Revolution; well, you know -

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Russell Brand on revolution: "We no longer have the luxury of tradition."

Very long read, most of which I have not gotten through yet, but I will make the time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk]NEWSNIGHT: Paxman vs Brand - full interview - YouTube[/ame]
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] - I think he is singing the song of your people.

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night

Throughout the interview, Brand repeatedly dodged Paxman's efforts to trivialize his message — at one point Paxman literally called Brand a "very trivial man" — until finally, even the entrenched newsman appeared to relent against the rushing tide of Brand's valid arguments.

After Brand reminded Paxman that he cried after learning that his grandma too had been "fucked over" by aristocrats, the Newsnight host was stunned into silence.

"If we can engage that feeling and change things, why wouldn't we?" Brand crescendoed. "Why is that naive? Why is that not my right because I'm an 'actor'? I've taken the right. I don't need the right from you. I don't need the right from anybody. I'm taking it."

Be back after I've done my homework here.

• Banned
Well, so. I gather none of you are libertarians. Right?

Or (and this is more likely) - yet again, you were just too damn lazy to 1) read, and 2) make an effort to comprehend the article.

Right?

Exactly.

To be fair, he says, "I felt connected, on a personal level I was excited by the chaos, a necessary component of transition, I like a bit of chaos however it’s delivered. The disruption of normalcy a vital step in any revolution. Even aesthetically, aside from the ideology, I beam at the spectacle of disruption, even when quite trivial."

I always get a kick out of people like this because they're the same people who complained that rugged individualism abandoned the culture of civilization.

On one hand, they relish in postmodernist cultural relativism.

On the other, they complain about work ethic being so crude, vulgar, and obtuse.

Alrighty then. lol

Or (and this is more likely) - yet again, you were just too damn lazy to 1) read, and 2) make an effort to comprehend the article.

Right?

Exactly.
Russell is a very compelling human being. A few years ago I would NEVER imagine myself saying that. I wanted to see him in Austin for his #Messiahcomplex but it sold out quickly.

Listen to this interview with Alex Jones. Yes I know a red flag will go up and I get that, but the interview is excellent. I think a lot of people will agree with what is being said in this interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62_AQPh8I0]Russell Brand Interview by Alex Jones! Full Length [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I'm pretty impressed @BDBoop :) How did you know I listen to him?

• Banned

Right?

Exactly.
Russell is a very compelling human being. A few years ago I would NEVER imagine myself saying that. I wanted to see him in Austin for his #Messiahcomplex but it sold out quickly.

Listen to this interview with Alex Jones. Yes I know a red flag will go up and I get that, but the interview is excellent. I think a lot of people will agree with what is being said in this interview.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q62_AQPh8I0]Russell Brand Interview by Alex Jones! Full Length [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] - I didn't. But way back in the day, you explained your take on what is happening politically, how we are being pitted against each other so we wouldn't see the truth. Hell - we wouldn't even be looking.

And our country would be destroyed out from under us.

Right?

Exactly.

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] - I didn't. But way back in the day, you explained your take on what is happening politically, how we are being pitted against each other so we wouldn't see the truth. Hell - we wouldn't even be looking.

And our country would be destroyed out from under us.
Yup....divide et impera

Right?

Exactly.

What makes him a libertarian?

I know quite a few libertarians who are vegetarians, none of them wants to make it a government mandate. He also thinks that it is wonderful that the government mandates the entire social triumph of the left, and thinks the right is all about big business. He is the typical idiot that really hasn't thought everything through, but knows that things have to change. Unfortunately, he thinks the problem is the fact that big business controls the world. If he actually got his way we would end up with the exact same people in charge, but they would be saying different things.

Russell Brand is an idiot. "I have never voted because they don't listen to me." So freaking stupid. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

If that man starts a revolution, our nation is in worse shape than I thought.

Oh and I don't want a revolution. I want a Restoration

oh, one more of the conspiracy filled idiots, but from the leftard standpoint?

Russell Brand is an idiot. "I have never voted because they don't listen to me." So freaking stupid. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Honey? He's a brit. It's not an American revolution.

And if I am willing to listen to Alex Fucking Jones just to get the message, then the least you can do is bend a little.

Right?

Exactly.

What makes him a libertarian?

I know quite a few libertarians who are vegetarians, none of them wants to make it a government mandate. He also thinks that it is wonderful that the government mandates the entire social triumph of the left, and thinks the right is all about big business. He is the typical idiot that really hasn't thought everything through, but knows that things have to change. Unfortunately, he thinks the problem is the fact that big business controls the world. If he actually got his way we would end up with the exact same people in charge, but they would be saying different things.

Well, now I'm getting twitchy, since I woke up in the middle of the night to take care of business and found you lot here.

You just did exactly what CK and I are going on about. EXACTLY.

You heard left, and you knee-jerked yourself right out of the conversation.

Because you are wiling to put your political stance ahead of fuck-all else.

You do not want to see improvement unless it is YOUR improvement.

I guess whatever Brand has to say is so hip and so cool it cannot be encapsulated.

I guess whatever Brand has to say is so hip and so cool it cannot be encapsulated.

Okay! So. I believe I am at that place where I acknowledge that if someone refuses to think, then I need to move on. Hopefully, there are others who actually have open minds and don't just give lip service.

Oh, my; that was a bitchy thing to say!

/shrug

Too bad, so sad.

Honey? He's a brit. It's not an American revolution.

And if I am willing to listen to Alex Fucking Jones just to get the message, then the least you can do is bend a little.

Yeah I know he's a Brit. I should have chose my word more carefully. If that man starts a revolution, our world is in worse shape than I thought.

BTW who cares about Alex Jones?

Forum List

Back