You want more/better options for the poor? Lets make a deal

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
This is obviously just for discussion purposes, so don't be an ass ;)
What if we focus on America first? We quit funding all these overseas programs, we quit giving the UN 25% of their budget, we bring out troops back, quit worry about the huckster in NK. If he is so bad, why the FUCK are we the only ones threatening that fat asshole? Also, no more funding terrorists.
In return, we can focus on better healthcare(ACTUALLY focusing on good healthcare for the citizens instead of being led by a bunch of lobbyists and shit. Which, BTW, would only happen if we ease pety partisanship. We could then ACTUALLY hold Washington accountable) tuition, food and water and quality of life.
That would help our economy, our citizens and our possibly our MASSIVE level of division.
Immigration still a problem after this? I have that solved too.
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem

This is something I can get behind. No more of the overseas bullshit. Wars, aid, policing. We don't have to become isolationists, but don't tell me we can't afford to take care of our own when we're outspending every other country in the world combined in terms of military expenditures.

BTW, when I was talking about NK, I was also considering all regimes.

Foreign Aid accounts for far too small a portion of the federal budget to make much of a difference.

Now, if you're talking about drastically shrinking military funding, that's a whole different story. But I don't think that will play well, politically.

The military industrial complex has the Trump administration firmly in its grasp. If you research trump's billionaire cabinet members, I bet many own stock in the big defense giants. They have a financial interest in war.

I would be perfectly happy with cutting military spending, but the Republicans and their deep pocket donors will never go for that.

This is something I can get behind. No more of the overseas bullshit. Wars, aid, policing. We don't have to become isolationists, but don't tell me we can't afford to take care of our own when we're outspending every other country in the world combined in terms of military expenditures.
I don't want to become isolationists. Im not sure many people do. I think that word gets overused.
I don't want to stop trading or anything either. But I am also tired of always losing
America First!
People underestimate our power, I think..

What if we focus on America first? We quit funding all these overseas programs, we quit giving the UN 25% of their budget, we bring out troops back, quit worry about the huckster in NK. If he is so bad, why the FUCK are we the only ones threatening that fat asshole? Also, no more funding terrorists.
In return, we can focus on better healthcare(ACTUALLY focusing on good healthcare for the citizens instead of being led by a bunch of lobbyists and shit. Which, BTW, would only happen if we ease pety partisanship. We could then ACTUALLY hold Washington accountable) tuition, food and water and quality of life.
That would help our economy, our citizens and our possibly our MASSIVE level of division.
your entire premise is based off of the US being disconnected from the Globe. How are you going to do that? Are you now going to ban Citizens from traveling abroad? I just have to laugh at the illogical thoughts that come from here.

twinkle your nose and the rest of the world is gone eh?

I don't want to become isolationists. Im not sure many people do. I think that word gets overused.
I don't want to stop trading or anything either. But I am also tired of always losing
America First!

What do you think we're "losing"?

Every trade deal the US has ever signed has benefited (some) people in this country more than any other.

America First!

I just know the extremes some try to take it to, such as closing borders, ending trade agreements. I don't think it should go that far, but certainly we should take care of Americans first.

So you don't mean America first, you mean America only. If we brought all our troops home as we did after WWI, what could possibly go wrong?

Foreign Aid accounts for far too small a portion of the federal budget to make much of a difference.

Now, if you're talking about drastically shrinking military funding, that's a whole different story. But I don't think that will play well, politically.
Im talking about most foreign expenditures. How many billions have we spent in Bosnia alone since their war? How many people would that, alone, get off the streets or get them proper mental help?

your entire premise is based off of the US being disconnected from the Globe. How are you going to do that? Are you now going to ban Citizens from traveling abroad? I just have to laugh at the illogical thoughts that come from here.

twinkle your nose and the rest of the world is gone eh?
Lol what OP did you read?

How about we just quit subsidizing citizens & organizations that a NOT at or below the poverty line?

- No more corporate welfare
- No more "free stuff" for anybody above the poverty line

So you don't mean America first, you mean America only. If we brought all our troops home as we did after WWI, what could possibly go wrong?
Im tired of policing the world.

How about we just quit subsidizing citizens & organizations that a NOT at or below the poverty line?

- No more corporate welfare
- No more "free stuff" for anybody above the poverty line
I am ok with that! Especially corporate welfare

The military industrial complex has the Trump administration firmly in its grasp. If you research trump's billionaire cabinet members, I bet many own stock in the big defense giants. They have a financial interest in war.

I would be perfectly happy with cutting military spending, but the Republicans and their deep pocket donors will never go for that.
Yea, and the democrats want to throw the world into turmoil and bomb countless countries while dwindling our military down.
No need for partisan bullshit ;)

Rather than spend $650 billion dollars on defense, more than the next 8 countries spend combined, let's spend 300 billion which will just be double what our nearest rival spends. Then use that make-jobs-for-red-state-defense-contractors $350 billion and spend it on Americans and fix our damn roads and bridges.

The assclown in the White House thinks the defense budget is $50 billion dollars short! Make America Broke Again.

Im tired of policing the world.
But what happens if we don't? If we had stayed engaged in Europe after WWI, there might not have been a WWII. If we had kept our troops in Iraq after the war, there would not have been a resurgent al Qaeda/ISIS, and if we had taken action to oust Assad back in 2012 there would not be millions of homeless refugees flooding Europe and perhaps breaking up the EU. Today we have travel warnings for all of Europe because of things we didn't do in the ME.

Yep, cutting the defense budget makes sense; of the 11 countries with the highest defense spending we spend more than the other 10 combined,. we could cut military spending in half and still be spending double what the next highest country (China) spends.

You're right though, the war mongers in and around Washington won't go for massive defense spending cuts, they're too enamored of bloodshed along with all the kick-backs and campaign donations that go along with it.

Forum List

Back