You want more/better options for the poor? Lets make a deal

Foreign Aid accounts for far too small a portion of the federal budget to make much of a difference.

Now, if you're talking about drastically shrinking military funding, that's a whole different story. But I don't think that will play well, politically.
Im talking about most foreign expenditures. How many billions have we spent in Bosnia alone since their war? How many people would that, alone, get off the streets or get them proper mental help?

Bosnia isn't the best example for your point. Next time, ask about Israel.

But the answer to your question:

Since 1996, the U.S. has given Bosnia 0.7 B-2 bombers in foreign aid.

Foreign Aid accounts for far too small a portion of the federal budget to make much of a difference.

Now, if you're talking about drastically shrinking military funding, that's a whole different story. But I don't think that will play well, politically.
Im talking about most foreign expenditures. How many billions have we spent in Bosnia alone since their war? How many people would that, alone, get off the streets or get them proper mental help?

Bosnia is a good example. We have given ALOT more than foreign aid. Not to mention, who do you think pays 25% of the UN budget? Who do you think helped pay for DynaCorp?
But yes, Israel is a PERFECT example.

If we had kept our troops in Iraq after the war, there would not have been a resurgent al Qaeda/ISISME.
LOL really?
Really, when Obama took office al Qaeda was no more than a nuisance, but once the US disengaged, the Shia government began persecuting the Sunni and al Qaeda came back as ISIS and captured half of Iraq and then proceeded into Syria.
ISIS would have never been if we didn't invade in the first damn place(not like they are now). You have to remember, that group has been around since the 90s. Just under different names.

This is obviously just for discussion purposes, so don't be an ass ;)
What if we focus on America first? We quit funding all these overseas programs, we quit giving the UN 25% of their budget, we bring out troops back, quit worry about the huckster in NK. If he is so bad, why the FUCK are we the only ones threatening that fat asshole? Also, no more funding terrorists.
In return, we can focus on better healthcare(ACTUALLY focusing on good healthcare for the citizens instead of being led by a bunch of lobbyists and shit. Which, BTW, would only happen if we ease pety partisanship. We could then ACTUALLY hold Washington accountable) tuition, food and water and quality of life.
That would help our economy, our citizens and our possibly our MASSIVE level of division.
Immigration still a problem after this? I have that solved too.
TNHarleys solution to the immigration problem

Most Americans agreed with this hooey on 9/10/2001. :eusa_doh:

What if we focus on America first? We quit funding all these overseas programs, we quit giving the UN 25% of their budget, we bring out troops back, quit worry about the huckster in NK. If he is so bad, why the FUCK are we the only ones threatening that fat asshole? Also, no more funding terrorists.
In return, we can focus on better healthcare(ACTUALLY focusing on good healthcare for the citizens instead of being led by a bunch of lobbyists and shit. Which, BTW, would only happen if we ease pety partisanship. We could then ACTUALLY hold Washington accountable) tuition, food and water and quality of life.
That would help our economy, our citizens and our possibly our MASSIVE level of division.

Most Americans agreed with this hooey on 9/10/2001. :eusa_doh:
whats your point

If we had kept our troops in Iraq after the war, there would not have been a resurgent al Qaeda/ISIS

And now, a flashback to 2007.

FAKE NEWS CNN WOLF BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

NEW YORK LIBERAL REGISTERED DEMOCRAT DONALD TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

If we had kept our troops in Iraq after the war, there would not have been a resurgent al Qaeda/ISISME.
LOL really?
Really, when Obama took office al Qaeda was no more than a nuisance, but once the US disengaged, the Shia government began persecuting the Sunni and al Qaeda came back as ISIS and captured half of Iraq and then proceeded into Syria.
ISIS would have never been if we didn't invade in the first damn place(not like they are now). You have to remember, that group has been around since the 90s. Just under different names.
There was no viable alternative to getting rid of Saddam. Al Qaeda/ISIS became a problem for a few years after the invasion and then the problem was solved. If we had, as you suggest, withdrawn all of our troops from the ME Saddam would have rebuilt his military and again become a threat to the ME oil supply and therefore to the world economy and that would have negatively effected our own economy. We can ignore some problems in Africa without them becoming global problems, but we cannot ignore the same kind of problems in the ME or Europe without them becoming global problems.

If we had kept our troops in Iraq after the war, there would not have been a resurgent al Qaeda/ISIS

FAKE NEWS CNN WOLF BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

NEW YORK LIBERAL REGISTERED DEMOCRAT DONALD TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

Clearly, he was wrong then and hopefully he knows better now.

Hopefully? HOPEFULLY!?!?

If anything, he is even dumber now. Senility is setting in.

Last edited:

Hopefully? HOPEFULLY!?!?

He's a lot smarter than the last guy or the woman he ran against, and so far, he seems to have a clear vision of where he wants to take the country and is learning how to navigate through the political roadblocks to get there. That makes me hopeful.

Bosnia is a good example. We have given ALOT more than foreign aid. Not to mention, who do you think pays 25% of the UN budget? Who do you think helped pay for DynaCorp?

The UN budget, in total, is equivalent to 1 B-2 bomber a year. The US contribution to that is less than 1/1000th of the US yearly military budget.

Also, did you mean DynCorp? I don't know what DynaCorp is, but DynCorp is an American private military contractor, and while I would completely agree with cutting their contracts, that's not "foreign aid" - that's "local aid", given to a company based in Virginia.

Hopefully? HOPEFULLY!?!?

He's a lot smarter than the last guy or the woman he ran against

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

"I'll repeal and replace ObamaCare on day one. It will be so easy."

"Peace in the Middle East is not as difficult as people have thought."

Trump's one and only genius is exploiting rubes for fun and profit.

Its a start

We could also end our ridiculous "War on Drugs" and save on police enforcement, judicial system and prisons

A lot of our military spending is spending on AMERICAN's not wars and shit like a lot of people like to pretend.

Soldiers are like the only welfare I support...

The UN budget, in total, is equivalent to 1 B-2 bomber a year. The US contribution to that is less than 1/1000th of the US yearly military budget.

Also, did you mean DynCorp? I don't know what DynaCorp is, but DynCorp is an American private military contractor, and while I would completely agree with cutting their contracts, that's not "foreign aid" - that's "local aid", given to a company based in Virginia.
We pay for them to be over there. That was my point.
We pay almost all of their yearly revenue. Which is billions.
Yes, DynCorp.

Its a start

We could also end our ridiculous "War on Drugs" and save on police enforcement, judicial system and prisons
yes

A lot of our military spending is spending on AMERICAN's not wars and shit like a lot of people like to pretend.

Soldiers are like the only welfare I support...
well, that's one way to look at it lol

1. End the $1.4 trillion of annual tax expenditures which redistribute wealth from the pockets of the middle class to the rich. Level the playing field.

2. Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility ages to 70, and index to 9 percent going forward. We are living decades longer, we should be working longer. Common sense.

3. Reform health care so we buy our health insurance the same way we buy our home, auto, and life insurance. This would give us maximum bargaining leverage. No more being hostage to employer sponsored health insurance. No more employer sponsored health insurance tax exemption which is driving up the cost of health care. For those who have catastrophic illnesses, Medicaid.

Done!

Sorry, but Mexicans have fuck-all to do with the state of our economy.

Forum List

Back