You will be assimilated (Oh, no, not another gay marriage thread!)

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
In all fairness, not LGBT members act this way, but in reality, not many of them speak out against this behavior either. I wonder, is their silence for the same reason people are being excoriated for objecting to homosexuality or marriage on religious grounds? One may never know. But as far as the fringes of this movement, they have taken hold of the rhetoric, and with it they go forth and destroy all who stand in their way.

Lets make one thing clear here, I am for gay marriage in the US. But what I don't accept is this brash, sadistic behavior some in the LGBT movement engage in against the opposition, such as pressure, coercion, threats, and other mafia style tactics against those with religious objections. Brendan Eich and the incident with Sweet Cakes are just two examples.

Brendan Eich donated to the Prop 8 campaign in California, but was pressured out of the corporation he helped found for doing so. The Kleins (formerly of Sweet Cakes by Melissa) were fined by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries for $135,000 for allegedly discriminating against a lesbian couple for refusing to bake a cake for their wedding. But in predictable fashion, documents released June 1 show collusion between a government run bureau and gay rights activists, known as Basic Rights Oregon, that may have influenced the Bureau's ruling on the Klein's case. It was also shown that gay rights activists pressured GoFundMe to end the fundraising campaign set up to help the Kleins pay for that fine.

(And you are dishonest if you summarily dismiss the linked article below for it being from the Weekly Standard, I encourage a healthy debate on the topic, not the source).

You Will Be Assimilated The Weekly Standard

Last edited:
i guess i'm confused.

tell me, does the supposed 'collusion' between bro and boli change the fact that the baker discriminated based on sexual orientation?

i guess i'm confused.

tell me, does the supposed 'collusion' between bro and boli change the fact that the baker discriminated based on sexual orientation?

"bro and boli?" I suck at acronyms, so I'm assuming you're referring to Basic Rights Oregon and the Bureau of Labor and Industries.

No, to answer your question, it's meant to show that you have people coercing government institutions into conflicts of interest involving cases like that one. The ruling was supposed to be fair, not influenced.

Last edited:
Getting tired of these gay threads. Leave people alone! If a person wants a cake with gay overtones, go to a baker who will bake it for you! Is it that hard to figure out? Let the baker suffer from making his bakery limited of consumers!

I am religious but I will leave the judgment to God. I'm too busy with my life than to run someone else's.

When did your fear of homosexuals start?

Fear? What fear? I don't fear nor hate homosexuals. I hate those in that movement who hold no regard for religious beliefs. They want all this respect and veneration for their beliefs, but aren't willing to grant the same in turn.

When did your penchant for presupposition start? I have three gay friends. One is a gamer, one lives in Germany, and I worked with the other for 9 months at UGA before I quit. What did you think I would do to them? Bash them over the head with my beliefs?

When did your fear of Christians start, my friend?

Last edited:
Getting tired of these gay threads. Leave people alone! If a person wants a cake with gay overtones, go to a baker who will bake it for you! Is it that hard to figure out? Let the baker suffer from making his bakery limited of consumers!

I am religious but I will leave the judgment to God. I'm too busy with my life than to run someone else's.

There would in fact be no need for people like myself to make threads like these, if like you said, both sides could learn to get along or leave the other be.

Fear? What fear? I don't fear not hate homosexuals. I hate those in that movement who hold no regard for religious beliefs. They want all this respect and veneration for their beliefs, but aren't willing to grant the same in turn.

When did your penchant for presupposition start? I have three gay friends. One is a gamer, one lives in Germany, and I worked with the other for 9 months at UGA before I quit. What did you think I would do to them? Bash them over the head with my beliefs?

Jesus christ, the movement does have respect for the religious, they only attack those who go for them.

Jesus christ, the movement does have respect for the religious, they only attack those who go for them.

That's a blatant lie in the face of all the evidence to suggest the contrary. I wish people would read the lede!

The fringes of the movement have hijacked the rhetoric, and public discourse on the subject. The have one mode; attack, assimilate, destroy.

Fear? What fear? I don't fear not hate homosexuals. I hate those in that movement who hold no regard for religious beliefs. They want all this respect and veneration for their beliefs, but aren't willing to grant the same in turn.

Use the name of our Lord in vain much?

i guess i'm confused.

"bro and boli?"

No, it's meant to show that you have people coercing government institutions into conflicts of interest involving cases like that one. The ruling was supposed to be fair, not influenced.
Basic Rights Oregon
Bureau of Labor and Industries - referred to as bro and boli in the article you linked to. did you read it?
coercing? how?
did the facts change in the case?

Use the name of our Lord in vain much?
Text on an internet forum regarding a middle eastern Jew isn't offensive, sorry.

That's a blatant lie in the face of all the evidence to suggest the contrary. One mode. Attack. Assimilate. Destroy.
LOL. Keep telling yourself that.
Suicide among LGBT youth - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

And what does that have to do with what I posted?
That posts like yours help fuel the bullshit against the lgbt community, and what is happening to lgbt people around the world, and in America. Christians aren't being attacked, you're an idiot.

no, the facts are what happened. did the baker discriminate or didnt she? seems pretty clear that she did

Interesting though, facts are fickle things. So are circumstances, circumstances you failed to consider. The BOLI is supposed to be an institution who issues rulings in an impartial way. But this? What if they had decided not to pursue this case? Then what?

Forum List

Back