Young Conservative Predicted What CBO is Just Now Saying

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
Check out the full post at Cameron Harris: CBO Estimates 7 Million to Lose Healthcare -- Just Like We Argued

This is good stuff. We need to begin to heed the warnings. Excerpt below.

"Despite analysts and pundits criticism that this statement was flawed, Obama and Democrats forged forward with the drafting of the Affordable Care Act (more commonly known as Obamacare) and the President signed it into law. Even I, in July of last year labeled this promise as one of the myths of Obamacare. I argued and stated:

· The biggest lie surrounding Obamacare was his promise about keeping your healthcare if you like it. That it was misinformation targeted towards low-information voters in an effort to generate support.

· Those that receive healthcare from their employers would be forced to enter into the state exchanges where government-sponsored healthcare was offered.

· McKinsey Quarterly surveyed 1300 employers from a wide range of different industries, sizes, and location in June of 2011. 30% of employers warned that they would stop offering healthcare in 2014 because it would be more economically efficient to pay the penalty under the Affordable Care Act.

· I argued that the Congressional Budget Office’s estimate that only 7% of employees covered by employer-offered healthcare would have to switch was a tremendous underestimate. (This report was released on March 15, 2012)

These are all arguments and predictions that I made on July 12, 2012. As I was making these arguments, so were numerous think tanks, policy experts, and political pundits. Obama did not heed these warnings, and neither did his allies in Congress. Even the Congressional Budget Office maintained that its estimates that only about 3 million fewer people will obtain coverage from their employer in years down the road was probably an overestimate. Notice, I along with various other commentators said that this number was a gross underestimate. "

Yep !
They also said that the cost of premiums would go up and that the cost of the program would go up.
They are correct, just like Republicans were right about Medicare and Medicaid, when they said it way back in the 1960's, that the cost would rise and become unsustainable in the future.

OK. Is that young conservative ready to support a Single Payer Universal Health Care System. If not, then he is just part of the problem.

OK. Is that young conservative ready to support a Single Payer Universal Health Care System. If not, then he is just part of the problem.

Government is not the answer for Health Care.
Private sector is.
Why is it the left always think that government must do everything?
Every time the government gets in on almost anything the costs goes up.

Forum List

Back