Young Men Playing Video Games Instead Of Finding Jobs

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
xbox.jpg

While probably staying at home with their parents when not out demonstrating against conservatives.

According to research from economists from Princeton, the University of Rochester and the University of Chicago, non-college educated men are rejecting full-time employment and spending as much as 40 hours a week playing video games. While some might blame this phenomenon on the economy, evidence shows that these young males do it for the instant gratification.

"When I play a game, I know if I have a few hours I will be rewarded," said Danny Izquierdo, a 22-year-old who lives with his parents in Silver Spring, Md. "With a job, it's always been up in the air with the amount of work I put in and the reward."

Full story @ STUDY: Young Men Playing Video Games Instead Of Finding Jobs

Sounds like the classic response of a lazy immature adult who will never be successful in life - on all counts heh

The story doesn`t say anything about these people`s political leanings but I suspect they have none. Has the OP always been a liar or did he learn that from orange Jane Fonda?

The relentless flow of wealth towards the 'top' is destroying ambition in the young.
We really need a major reset in the economic model. This is very unlikely to happen, given that those at the top own the government.
1984, here we come!

xbox.jpg

While probably staying at home with their parents when not out demonstrating against conservatives.

According to research from economists from Princeton, the University of Rochester and the University of Chicago, non-college educated men are rejecting full-time employment and spending as much as 40 hours a week playing video games. While some might blame this phenomenon on the economy, evidence shows that these young males do it for the instant gratification.

"When I play a game, I know if I have a few hours I will be rewarded," said Danny Izquierdo, a 22-year-old who lives with his parents in Silver Spring, Md. "With a job, it's always been up in the air with the amount of work I put in and the reward."

Full story @ STUDY: Young Men Playing Video Games Instead Of Finding Jobs

past time for the parents to take juniors toys away and kick him out.

The story doesn`t say anything about these people`s political leanings but I suspect they have none. Has the OP always been a liar or did he learn that from orange Jane Fonda?

You really need to attack me for posting this?

Have a nice day. :)

It was YOU making the claim that these kids are probably protesting against conservatives and living in their parent`s home. You asked to be attacked.

It was YOU making the claim that these kids are probably protesting against conservatives and living in their parent`s home. You asked to be attacked.

Well, if that's your thing, got for it.

past time for the parents to take juniors toys away and kick him out.

Exactly, it's a case of bad parenting. No way my son will be living in my house at 22 if he's not working. In fact, I don't know that I'll let him live with us at 22 even if he is working.

You did make the claim.

Young Men Playing Video Games Instead Of Finding Jobs

This is absolutely a crisis. In my area employers are fighting over what few skilled young men (and women) there are in trades. Any young person commanding a trade skill these days will OWN their salary and the future for sure. Young men and women "shopping" for a mate should cling onto one with a good skill with a death grip. They will be financially secure for life.

Forum List

Back